Missed Bucks?

Five Seasons

BTW, for the record, this guy got blood ALL over his carpeted tailgate this past weekend. Should have seen him weep.

Sad day indeed.  Hence the reason I leased the landrover.  Truck was ruined. 

Yes wildcats, the tarp is for that very purpose.  I should have used it.  Was only moving the deer a short distance to gut, but learned my lesson. 

On the bright side, I almost felt manly for a bit, at least until I broke out my pink gutting gloves.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 3

Sad day indeed.  Hence the reason I leased the landrover.  Truck was ruined. 

Yes wildcats, the tarp is for that very purpose.  I should have used it.  Was only moving the deer a short distance to gut, but learned my lesson. 

On the bright side, I almost felt manly for a bit, at least until I broke out my pink gutting gloves.

Danggit...I was JUST about to say that.

I'm in a Buck zone and have passed 3 of 'em already. One was a half decent 8 I may or may not regret later. But right now there are 2/3 very large deer wandering about and it's too early not to give 'em a chance to pass under my stand. Caught one on cam just yesterday. It's been a bumper Buck year for us in our woods. I think I have nailed my stand placement after several years of experimentation also. Just need a nice series of frosty mornings to get some deer action going. This Indian summer blows.

• Like 2

Rants like this is what turned me off from this site. I like Belo's original idea of this thread as I am sure it had great potential. The only real solution to the problem is report your seeings and ideas. If enough people have the same problem over time it will be heard. We are all hunters here with the same set of goals, no need to turn savage to each other over it.

On the note of poachers, if everyone is always hearing these stories or knowing a source, how many have ever called the poaching hotline, you want enforcement then it is a perfect way to get it. We had a problem with numerous violations and didn't want to be that club to call, but in the end it has only improved our hunting. I might run into a game warden now, but it doesn't phase me as I have nothing to hide. 

• Like 1

On the note of poachers, if everyone is always hearing these stories or knowing a source, how many have ever called the poaching hotline, you want enforcement then it is a perfect way to get it. We had a problem with numerous violations and didn't want to be that club to call, but in the end it has only improved our hunting. I might run into a game warden now, but it doesn't phase me as I have nothing to hide. 

I hear ya.  i have called a couple of times.  I don;t regret it but it feels isolating.  I would like to believe i have only helped myself out.  But it does get frustrating when you have people around you that swear they are QDM to the hills and bitch about people shooting more than they should.  And they they do the EXACT SAME THING!

Shooting every buck you see and tagging it for someone else is as steeped in the tradition of NY Hunting as pews in a church.  I do believe people are changing though but the more that stand up to it - the better.  

I support anyone who turns in violators.  

• Like 1

I know we've had some lengthy discussions on reporting poachers and I do still believe that it's hard when most of the hunters you know are good friends and family. I'm not saying you shouldn't blow your uncle in, but it's something to think about before getting all huffy and puffy.

• Like 1