What really grinds my gears!

Northsox65

There was a funny Family Guy episode where Peter had a news segment called "What really grinds my gears". I will start this off with What really grinds my gears are hunters who do not scout and walk through public land at 7am on opening morning and feel like they have to walk up to your stand and ask you stupid questions!

How about walking and scouting the land your hunting on pre season then hunt all thru bow season and its just you and your cousin in the woods , then u show up on opening day for regular season and BAM!! you walk right up to two tree stands with hunters in them on the path to the field/woods that were never there prior .. dang right i'm going to stop and chew the fat for a bit .. LOL 

Another thing that grinds my gears are photos of hunters with their Deer and the hunters look pissed off, Most hunters are happier than a child on Christmas Morning, however there are the few out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I never smile in pictures from hunting and fishing ,I guess it started way back when I first started hunting ,my dad told us not to smile in pictures with fish or game you just got.

• Like 1

I never smile in pictures from hunting and fishing ,I guess it started way back when I first started hunting ,my dad told us not to smile in pictures with fish or game you just got.

I'm not big on smiling for photos of any sort.......it never looks natural when I try to smile on command, sorry if that offends some.

• Like 3

​One of my best friends who will not shoot without a bench rest but expects to kill a deer freehand while still hunting.  People who come to camp and never help with anything at the camp.  Over estimated deer populations.  People who want deer culled but not with any hunters because they might see something they do not like.  Like a deer kill!  Hunters or friends who feel like tracking YOU instead of finding a deer!!! WT heck? 

Best one yet, I give my friend my GPS to update the maps and he downloads all my way points then hunts them all the next day trampling all over the spot I wanted to still hunt!  Arg!  GRRR!!!   

Another thing that grinds my gears are photos of hunters with their Deer and the hunters look pissed off, Most hunters are happier than a child on Christmas Morning, however there are the few out there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That one gets me too. I think that they are trying  to look more "bad a$$" than pissed." Look at me.. Im a killing machine"   Tools..total tools who need to get over themselves. 

• Like 1

That one gets me too. I think that they are trying to look more "bad a$$" than pissed." Look at me.. Im a killing machine" Tools..total tools who need to get over themselves.

Hey hey hey, go easy on us that don't smile all the time ,I'm a complete goofball and could never pass as a bad ass killing machine.

I don't really smile either.  Most pictures are always right after the kill.  It is both a joyous moment and a sad moment.  The sadness fades away rather quickly and after that, I'm the little kid on a Christmas morning but usually the pictures have all been taken by then.

These hunters aren't pissed, they are just the typical rural hunters without any teeth.  So they won't be giving you a happy grin only to show off their dental deficiencies to the world.  I'm surprised you didn't know this already! 

• Like 2

Hey hey hey, go easy on us that don't smile all the time ,I'm a complete goofball and could never pass as a bad ass killing machine.

NO>>NO.. not guys who don't smile,,,I mean guys who look mad…guys who have that ..  "Im so bad ass, because I killed this deer, that Im like  a combat vet, Navy Seal  look" ..you know the tough guy look.. They don't get that tons of regular guys and gals,  kill big deer every year..    They scare me…LOL!!

I don't agree with anyone that is irritated with me (us) for not smiling in the pictures.  Matter of fact, its starting to irritate me that you'd even care what I look like in the picture.

However, "what really grinds my gears" is hunters telling other hunters what they should and shouldn't shoot.  If it's legal don't worry about what he or she shoots, especially when its on their own land.  This never made sense to me. 

• Like 3

Maybe he had to wait 2 , 3 , 4 years to shoot a deer so he would have something to talk about . The site isn't strictly for deer hunting .

This is true. Took me a few years till I got my first deer. Many many many hours of nothing and/or missed shots/no shots just watching them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't agree with anyone that is irritated with me (us) for not smiling in the pictures.  Matter of fact, its starting to irritate me that you'd even care what I look like in the picture.

However, "what really grinds my gears" is hunters telling other hunters what they should and shouldn't shoot.  If it's legal don't worry about what he or she shoots, especially when its on their own land.  This never made sense to me. 

Again…. its not the no smile look… its the bad ass scowl .. And I agree 100%..They are your tags fill them with what YOU want.. I will never forget getting into it with a guy, at a gas station. because he was giving some teenager $hit for shooting a small deer (a button buck). The kid had his own tag on it so F- that guy, and thats what I told the arrogant prick. I didn't know either one of them, but while I was filling my tank this jack off kept laying into this kid, who had the deer strapped on the back rack of his ATV on a trailer. It got loud., but not too out of control.   Arrogant pricks

• Like 1

What grinds my gears a bit are the elitist, selfish bow-hunters who are fighting so hard to keep crossbows out of "their" season.    Waiting until the last two weeks has not been that bad this year at least, because it has been too warm to kill a deer and properly care for the meat.   My gears would have ground a lot harder if we had some more cool weather these first 4 weeks.  Hopefully they will throw in the towel prior to next season, so we can have all of it.   I did hear a rumor that may be in the cards.    

Other than that, I am more amused than aggravated by some hunters.   Holding out for only older bucks for example.   I will take a 2.5 year buck over just about anything myself, as it offers the perfect combination of quality and quantity.   Those who like "challenging" themselves, to the point of risking not killing a deer cleanly, is tough for me to understand.  I don't want to "give the deer a chance", if I don't have to.   The less the "challenge" the better for me.  Then there are those who claim they will only take shots when they are 100% sure of the kill.  Really? 

Acting like it is a sin to kill a button buck, but thinking nothing of killing a fat doe at the end of ML season, that may well be packing two, is odd to me.   25% of my antlerless kills have been button bucks thru the years, and there is no finer eating for sure.  If you ever are hart-broken or run off a hunting club for taking one, pm me and send it my way.  

One thing I really like, is when folks hop on to condemn me for giving my savior Jesus Christ most, or all of the credit for deer that I kill.   That helps put the focus where it should be and not on my own personal hunting skills.  Sure I practice a bit and put in some time, but it is The man upstairs who has the final say where ALL deer end up.  If He chooses to put them in my freezer why shouldn't I give Him the credit?  It is no coincidence that the Cross-bow is my favorite deer weapon.                

• Like 2

One thing I really like, is when folks hop on to condemn me for giving my savior Jesus Christ most, or all of the credit for deer that I kill.   That helps put the focus where it should be and not on my own personal hunting skills.  Sure I practice a bit and put in some time, but it is The man upstairs who has the final say where ALL deer end up.  If He chooses to put them in my freezer why shouldn't I give Him the credit?  It is no coincidence that the Cross-bow is my favorite deer weapon.                

you really should give yourself more credit as a hunter if you're that successful....and you never got back to me on whether or not he puts deer in the roadways to get killed or even worse kill or seriously injure innocent people, after all HE does have the final say.