treestand bow holders

132 eight pointer

So I have been considering a bow holder , those of you that use one :  How does the fork looking holders that clamp to a climber work ?  It looks to me like the bow could fall out of the holder. Anyone have this happen ? Can an arrow be knocked while in the holder ?  As others have said in another thread it gets uncomfortable sometimes holding on to a bow for hours. Thanks.

So I have been considering a bow holder , those of you that use one :  How does the fork looking holders that clamp to a climber work ?  It looks to me like the bow could fall out of the holder. Anyone have this happen ? Can an arrow be knocked while in the holder ?  As others have said in another thread it gets uncomfortable sometimes holding on to a bow for hours. Thanks.

I used one of those for years before I lost it....I set it so the bow would be between my knees, pretty stable and allowed for a knocked arrow.

I could use a screw in style holder or hook I suppose, not sure it is ok to use on public land though. I think the rail on my Summit could be in the way of a bow held in the fork style holders that attach to the tubing on a climber. I thought the fork style holder might be faster to pick up a bow than reaching behind to lift off a hook.

^ this! They also sell similar ones at gander I've seen every now and then.... I've got one on the bottom platform of my summit and it's a lot harder to nock the bow out than you think.... I prefer it to a limb hanger cause it's a short reach without standing up to get....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ this! They also sell similar ones at gander I've seen every now and then.... I've got one on the bottom platform of my summit and it's a lot harder to nock the bow out than you think.... I prefer it to a limb hanger cause it's a short reach without standing up to get....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mine mounted on the upper section of my Summit.  I've even climbed up and down with the bow rotated far forward, and have had no issue.  Its nice to have the bow at the ready with less than an arms length away.  I've seen the ones sold at Gander and other stores....they work, but the Third Hand unit is very beefy and well built.

Third hand archery make the best one on the market IMO. they are about 20 bucks, and American made. im on season 4 of absolutley beating the shit out of the one bolted to my climber and its still rock solid. I even climb the tree with the bow in the holder

Edited by NYbuck50

I use one that clamps to the base of my summit. It looks like an elongated "S" The bottom limb goes into the S, All you do is reach forward and grab the bow. Its very secure and quiet, but you have to play with it a bit, when you install it, to get the right angle for your bow. I have one on each of my climbers. I think they were about 20 bucks.

Third hand archery universal bow holder!

http://thirdhandarchery.com/product.asp?PRODID=10

I have one mounted on my summit climber. It's awesome!

I also just recently mounted a Third Hand Archery Universal bow holder on my climber. I use a Lone Wolf hand climber and mounted it on the seat.

It is in perfect position to quietly and easily grab the bow when you need to. Very easy to mount also.

• Like 1

I bought one that ratchet straps to the tree to hang the bow over head , well i put mine up preseason and when i sit with the bow hanging it sits about an inch and a half from my face , im too scared to undo the ratchet strap to move it for fear of making to much noise.