A sure fire sign the holidays...

growalot

I will gladly pay your bill if you pay mine...I just learned this morning that my roof can't be repaired and I need a new one.....Yesterday had service guys over because I didn't have any hot water....I thought that was going to be my holiday bill....Nope wasn't big enough....

Yes this is not a real good time to be encountering that kind of big expense. But consider this ...... lets pretend the holidays were over, and it is February, and we had a nice new 8" of snow over a layer of ice, and you were coming down that hill with no brakes. Maybe it was a stroke of exceptionally good luck to have at least had dry pavement.

• Like 1

That scenario for most Doc...but. not for me...I never go down our hill using the brakes...I use the transmission..also I'm sure we UN like the younger ppl here were taught how to stop on ice...I had the best darn drives Ed teacher born...went to York but he took us to Pavilion...Mr.Morris and Geneseo to learn...I was taught on the back road hills in Pavilion how to stop on an icy hill using the emergency brake only...also how to stop at the bottom of the Mr Morris school hill...not learning that could get you aT bone with a semi...if his brake foot wasn't fast enough....Lol

Edited by growalot

That scenario for most Doc...but. not for me...I never go down our hill using the brakes...I use the transmission..also I'm sure we UN like the younger ppl here were taught how to stop on ice...I had the best darn drives Ed teacher born...went to York but he took us to Pavilion...Mr.Morris and Geneseo to learn...I was taught on the back road hills in Pavilion how to stop on an icy hill using the emergency brake only...also how to stop at the bottom of the Mr Morris school hill...not learning that could get you aT bone with a semi...if his brake foot wasn't fast enough....Lol

Lol!Whats a transmission?It's funny to myself because I learned to drive when a standard tranny was still on the tree.Today most still do not know how to use or drive a manual car/truck/tractor.