How much powder you burning for ML ?

turkeyfeathers

80 grains loose 777 in my traditions PA Pellet Flintlock with 285 gr Powerbelt hollow point...can take the boy from PA but not PA from the boy; love my flinter!

100 grains 777 pellet in my CVA Optima V2 with 300 gr platinum Powerbelt

Edited by Napping in the woods

100 grain Jim Shockey Gold pellets out of my Encore. I've read some bad reviews since I bought them but I've had no problems and that bottle will last my lifetime

I loved that stuff until I hunted late season with it and got a "poof" instead of a bang. Did some testing during the winter after and had very bad results in the cold. I dumped the rest of the can out. It sure was clean shooting though.

........... behind a  50 cal.  460 grain conical....

it's a devastating bullet on deer and also worked well on a 6x6 bull elk..

For elk I can understand, but isn't that a little "over-kill" for deer? lol

I've used the 350gr T/C Maxi-Hunter in my Renegade and that is pretty devastating. 

Think the Noexcuses is a better conical?

I loved that stuff until I hunted late season with it and got a "poof" instead of a bang. Did some testing during the winter after and had very bad results in the cold. I dumped the rest of the can out. It sure was clean shooting though.

thats interesting, I wonder if I should leave it outside overnight and test it. I actually left the gun "loaded" since last season ended, put a primer in it last month and it fired perfectly. Cleaned the barrel and breech to a mirror finish with just a soft brush

nyslowhand, on 23 Nov 2015 - 12:24 AM, said:

For elk I can understand, but isn't that a little "over-kill" for deer? lol

I've used the 350gr T/C Maxi-Hunter in my Renegade and that is pretty devastating. 

Think the Noexcuses is a better conical?

Overkill ?  No more than some shotgun slugs..

I never tried the TC Maxi-Hunter, but I have shot the Maxi-Balls and the NE bullet loads easier and shoots better groups in my gun..

I had use PRBs for deer for years in my Hawken with no complaints, but I wanted something heavier than  a .50 cal RB for elk..

Once the gun was sighted for them, rather than change back to round balls, I just continued to use the NE conicals for deer...

Depend s on gun, Kentucky long rifle is 72 grains and round ball, great plains is 110 and 460 buffalo bullet, 50grains and a 250gr Hornady xtp in knight pistol, 50 grains and round ball in Kentucky pistol, or 95 grains tc encode ,300 gr ftp Hornady sabot.

I shoot 100gr of Whitehots with a 250 gr shockwave bullet in my Wolf in-line muzzleloader. I get great groups at 100 yds and I think it is cleaner than the pyrodex pellets I used to use.

I hunt with the muzzleloader during regular and late season. I enjoy the challenge of having to pick my shot well, and so far have no regrets.

I would feel comfortable shooting out to 150 yds probably, haven;t had to do that yet though.