honey do list

skyzmine

Well it started for me. 1st I work in construction so im off every winter till spring so she hit me hard this year.

my house was built in 1865 needless to say its OLD just like me ???  and I dont want to do this anymore, but

I guess i dont have a choice this time, she has been on me for the last few years to remodel the house.

So the drywall is up in the dinning room and my gun room and will sling some mud in the morning and hopefully I can still make the gun show tomarrow.

we have 3 new fiberglass door on order and bought most of the oak boards for the window / door trim and the arch way for the lining room and dinning room, as soon as im done with theses rooms then the new carpet.

maybe she will let me off from doing the kitchen and downstairs bath untill next month. :'(

Ill post pics wile the work is going on.

DSCF2418.jpg

DSCF2425.jpg

DSCF2438.jpg

45 bucks for a 8' stick :)  yikes....

that will be in the summer when the $$ are a flowing in and im back to work.

I went with the high dense pine for the base boadrs and will paint them.

but all the oak will have the classic stain with a mid-range gloss, should match the doors, I hope.

found it at Lowe's

723647598937xl.jpg

LOL nothing is square in my house too! When I put up the hallway hall, I followed the lines of the wood floor.  If you measure off the wall to the hallway wall its over 2 inch difference end to end...  That also goes for the ceiling, one end was 111 inches the other was 113!  But thats what you get with older houses, it makes the simple projects Oh so fun!

Looks great sky...  Today my brother and I lugged 8 10 footer drywall pieces up the stairs and barely with a lot of bending got it up there lol.  I'll post some pics tomorrow...

It's amazing how much heavier those double 10 foot sheets are compared to the 8 footers ! It equates to 2 1/2 eight foot sheets .......but feels a lot heavier

OH the fun of slappin up sheet rock in an old old house. Me,I am not a contractor. I'm a weekend warrior,when it comes to building. Electrical, plumbing,and roofing no prob. I couldn't find very many areas that were square at all in our house. Now we are looking at maybe getting a newer house. Either someone elses problems or new all together. Enjoy your winter.LOL! Looks like your off to a good start.