Cheap Two Man Ladder Stand

JFB

If anyone stumbles on a good sale price, please share. Looking for a two man stands and the only real "must have" (other than price) is that the seat flips up and the platform goes all the way back to the tree so you can stand comfortably. 

I see one in Sportsmanguide for $135 but I'd love to get them cheaper because I'd like to buy several. Thanks. 

Walmart has one for 89$ good reviews on it too, dicks's sporting goods has one for 119 as well.

Thanks, I saw these two stands and they are the type where the seat frame does not go flush against the tree. Unfortunately, thats a deal breaker for me. But appreciate the heads up! 

Sportsmans guide can beat you up with shipping costs. I ordered a few small items from them, back in the fall. Everything came in one box about 15"x12" and shipping was around $20. 

Dick's around mid January is the place to go. I got a nice one man ladder stand there last year around that time. $149.99 I got it for $74.99 and they had stacks of them.

$120 at Field & Stream store (same parent as Dick's Sporting Goods, I believe). full platform, seat flips up. appears to qualify for free shipping. I don't see an oversize surcharge. 

link to treestand

If the link doesn't work, search for "Comfort Zone Side x Side Deluxe 2-Person 18' Ladder Stand"

Edited by goosifer

$120 at Field & Stream store (same parent as Dick's Sporting Goods, I believe). full platform, seat flips up. appears to qualify for free shipping. I don't see an oversize surcharge. 

link to treestand

If the link doesn't work, search for "Comfort Zone Side x Side Deluxe 2-Person 18' Ladder Stand"

I have one of those and unless they changed it, the platform does not contact the tree. The ladder is very flimsy as well, and mine bowed when we lifted it up the first time. Had to replace a section of ladder. I added a 4x4 and 2x4 to fill the gap between the platform and tree, then I put a ratchet strap around the tree from the platform to hold it in place. Otherwise it was a very spongy feeling stand. The flip up seat also rubbed on one of the side rails, and I had to smash the corner of it in so that it would flip up and down quietly. I honestly would not recommend that stand.

link to treestand

I got one of these earlier in the year and they are decent. The platform does come to the tree. I'm tempted to go the Sportsmanguide route because that stand is tax and shipping free and is bigger. Keep the info coming. Thanks again. 

Check out the stands at DICKs . They have some set up in the store so you can see for yourself how they are . Then wait for their End of Season Sale . Use the $20 off $100 dollar purchase , if you have one . 

Or , at least take a look at them and see if Sportsman's Guide has the same one at a better price for free shipping .

• Like 1

Went to Runnings in Canandaigua and no real deals. They did have an affordable one by Big Game (the Spectra I think it was called) for $140 range but they sold out. Nothing else in the price range and features I'm seeking. Same at Dicks/Walmart anywhere near Rochester. I'll keep my eyes open

I believe the OP wants a 2 man stand that has the foot platform go all the way back to the tree . Most likely for better stability .

Yes, I (am fussy and) want the platform to go all the way to the tree so my feet are straight under me as I stand and lean against tree. 

Yes, I (am fussy and) want the platform to go all the way to the tree so my feet are straight under me as I stand and lean against tree. 

the one i got from SG has a full platform that goes all the way back to the tree and the seat lifts up to make the platform feel even bigger.  i'll see if i can find the link

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-17-1-2-deluxe-2-man-hunting-ladder-tree-stand?a=1705011

this is the link to the stand i got. i feel comfortable in it with my son. real nice hunting by yourself out of it also.  i waited and got it last july for less than $100 with free shipping.

Edited by f3cbboy