Trump Explained

Wow, Godwin alert winner in post #23. That didn't take long.

Hight of intellect right there! And you used a meme, that's so original and really adds credibility!

The Irony lost on Wildscat and others is that Muslims, whom Trump promises to deal with, are causing Jews to flee many major European cities right now. There has been anti Semitic intimidation on the rise here too by the followers of the 'prophet'.  We all know lefties are anti-Semites tho. The irony is not lost on me.

EXODUS: WHY EUROPE'S JEWS ARE FLEEING ONCE AGAIN

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/08/exodus-why-europes-jews-are-fleeing-once-again-261854.html

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

We are talking about a lot more than just saving lives, one life or many. There is a culture war going on, it's called Global Jihad. There are people around planning to wage literal war against America and it's values and way of life.They are already among us. I used to think the prospect of Jihad in the US was remote and unlikely . Events in Europe have been a real wake-up call. Try watching the news sometime. 

I guess the sarcasm was lost on you.  

Exactly. Trump has very little to gain. Being president these days carries very little kudos as far as posterity is concerned.

He may not be an egomaniac, but Trump loves Trump. What better way to capstone a life he considers fabulous than to have President as his title? Trump adores himself, he is a narcissist. Now, I fully grant that he is cream of the crop when it comes to being a businessman. You can't fake your way to having your name on a jet. And despite his failing businesses he has far more that have succeeded.

I've been asking people why they think Trump will ruin the country, No one has been able to articulate an answer that is marked by anything under than media prompted fear. Not a single solid reason has been forth coming. People are not able to think any more.

Not only can I think, but I can give you answers. Off the top of my head:

1) Trump endorses torture (this is illegal)

2) Trump endorses killing of terrorists' families (this is illegal)

3) Trump would entertain the idea of forced registration for a specific religious group (this is illegal)

He is also wildly inconsistent, with the most flip flopping of any candidate in recent memory.

He has many cons. He has some positives:

1) He isn't politically correct, when everybody else is.

2) He isn't beholden to lobbyists (though he IS a special interest, so maybe that's worse, I don't know)

3) Though not in politics he does have a long history of capably leading people toward the end of large projects. For all the jokes about trump university, this is real leadership and competency

Sometimes he says very smart things--he's the only republican up there to laud planned parenthood's benefit to women outside of abortion, like with mammograms. He is also for keeping Obamacare's preexisting conditions clause. Also instead of being an armchair general when it comes to Putin he actually thinks he could foster a better relationship, which is the high road and to everyone's benefit.

Sometimes he says very silly things--talking about his penis size during a republican debate needs no elaboration, saying he prefers people who don't get caught in combat re McCain (true, but come on...), saying he can save $300B in drug costs for medicare when it only spends $78B total. These are silly things.

He's very risky for republicans if they want to beat Hillary. He isn't far behind her, but he is behind. He's going to have to change his positions in the next 6 months to go more to the center without alienating too many of those who supported him from the get go. It won't be easy. The media absolutely detests him. And as ants said, it's going to bear all its guns on him for six straight months.

It's a shame. Hillary is widely disliked and it seems almost certain she has broken laws regarding emails, and she is nothing but a demagogue herself, pretending she is a great civil rights champion and that she isn't owned part and parcel by special interests. She should be an easy victory, but the republicans don't have an easy path ahead.

Edited by Core

1) Trump endorses torture (this is illegal)

2) Trump endorses killing of terrorists' families (this is illegal)

3) Trump would entertain the idea of forced registration for a specific religious group (this is illegal)

He is also wildly inconsistent, with the most flip flopping of any candidate in recent memory.

None of this things would ruin the country. And in light of world events, perhaps its time some laws changed.

The reality is, these things have been going on for years already. The country hasn't toppled into the ocean.

Hows this for flip-floppin?

Edited by Papist

A couple of decades ago, John Gorka wrote a song that just came up in rotation. The lyrics go like this:

"Buy low, sell high
You get rich and you still die
Money talks, people jump
Ask how high low-life Donald what's-his-name
And who cares?
I don't wanna know what his girlfriend doesn't wear
It's a shame that the people at work
Wanna hear about this kind of jerk

These people aren't saints
No, people just are
They wanna feel like they count
They wanna ride in their own car"

I guess Gorka was wrong.

You cannot love your country, or anyone else, if you don't love yourself first. Why would we want someone who hates themselves in office? Makes no sense.

Trump REALLY loves himself, though.

As for laws change, maybe some do need to, but regardless of one's views on islamic terrorism, having people of a specific religion register is unequivocally incompatible with the 1st amendment, so the only way it could legally happen is if the 1st amendment is either rescinded or revoked. I believe a large number of this country's problems are because the constitution is not being properly followed. We need stricter adherence to it, not less and/or revoking its most popular amendment.

Poll: Donald Trump Earns More Muslim Support Than Rest of GOP Field Combined

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)–anunindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terror financing trial, and a designated terror organization in the United Arab Emirates–conducted a poll of 2000 Muslim voters throughout six Super Tuesday states. The results, released Wednesday, were surprising.

While Democrats Hillary Clinton and 

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

16%

earned 46% and 25% support, respectively, Donald Trump has the support of 11% of Muslims, more than the rest of the GOP field combined.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/03/03/shock-poll-donald-trump-earns-more-muslim-support-than-rest-of-gop-field-combined/

having people of a specific religion register is unequivocally incompatible with the 1st amendment,

So is Sharia law and Koranic teaching regarding the infidel. Maybe it's time observant Muslims realized the US is no place for them. Germany or France would be a better option.

Edited by Papist

What this poll also shows is that Muslims hate Trump, they just hate the other republicans more.

Trump is being deliberately vague on his database thing so that it's hard to pin him down as saying he wants a database, yet his supporters can also pretend that he does, but the reality is who knows.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/nov/24/donald-trumps-comments-database-american-muslims/

What this poll also shows is that Muslims hate Trump, they just hate the other republicans more.

Of course Muslims hate Republicans. Democrats have no allegiance to culture or heritage. They are post modern deconstructionists who have been working toward creating a cultural vacuum that Muslims are looking to fill. The liberal progressive actions in Europe prove that they are fully in support of Islamic supremacism filling this hole.

The Pew research group have shown how observant Muslims the world over favor replacing the secular laws of the countries they inhabit with their own form of jurisprudence, aka, Sharia.

US Muslim groups up and down the land have been actively seeking the recognition of sharia over US law in their own communities. Democrats are all in favor of this.

Edited by Papist

how about tagging and monitoring people based on their religion?

That would be wrong on many levels, but First Amendment rights are currently being suppressed to a far greater degree by 'the left' than by 'the right'. Twitter? Facebook?.

Why would a sovereign nation ever accept immigrants who are vehemently opposed to the principles of the host nation? It strikes me as incredibly stupid behavior, and suicidal international policy. Witness the current situation in Germany, Sweden, France, the Netherlands, etc.

The answer is politics. The anti- American invaders being welcomed into the US will vote for the anti-American party who welcomed them.

• Like 4

You sure??.. Hillary would totally relate with your 

mider'n and saw'n and hammer'n en such……and at the end of the day she wouldn't feel no ways tired…...

Love it!!

I'm often mistaken for a backwoods hillbilly, and I can do the Columbo routine when it suits my purpose.

Traumatic work-place orthodontia over the last forty years has left me with a terrific "I'm stupid" smile.

I don't bring out the doctoral studies in Architectural philosophy unless somebody really pokes me. ;-]

Of course Muslims hate Republicans. Democrats have no allegiance to culture or heritage. They are post modern deconstructionists who have been working toward creating a cultural vacuum that Muslims are looking to fill. The liberal progressive actions in Europe prove that they are fully in support of Islamic supremacism filling this hole.

I agree with this.

The Pew research group have shown how observant Muslims the world over favor replacing the secular laws of the countries they inhabit with their own form of jurisprudence, aka, Sharia

Polls consistently show a large number of muslims do support this, including substantial numbers even in the west.

Progressiveness has taught large swathes of westerners feel guilty when they praise their own culture, and this makes them weak and highly susceptible to negative influences from other cultures.

But, one of the things we need to always praise--and much of the world does not have it--is a legal freedom of speech, right of assembly, etc. That's why we cannot accept any compromise on the 1st amendment.

I agree with this.

Polls consistently show a large number of muslims do support this, including substantial numbers even in the west.

Progressiveness has taught large swathes of westerners feel guilty when they praise their own culture, and this makes them weak and highly susceptible to negative influences from other cultures.

But, one of the things we need to always praise--and much of the world does not have it--is a legal freedom of speech, right of assembly, etc. That's why we cannot accept any compromise on the 1st amendment.

But to be clear, Non-citizens would not be covered by our Constitution. I have no issue with a database and tracking for ANY non-citizen in our country. If they don't like that, then don't come. 

some of you need to retake your American History classes. Europeans fled their countries to come here to be free from religious persecution. The USA was founded on separation of church and state. I am not a denier that there is a very real problem with muslilm extremist. I vote we build a wall on the border. But we are not and have never been about singling anyone out for their race, gender, religious practices or sexual preference.

Stop being so blatantly racist and bigoted. Home grown right wing extremists are just as dangerous.

• Like 1

some of you need to retake your American History classes. Europeans fled their countries to come here to be free from religious persecution. The USA was founded on separation of church and state. I am not a denier that there is a very real problem with muslilm extremist. I vote we build a wall on the border. But we are not and have never been about singling anyone out for their race, gender, religious practices or sexual preference.

Stop being so blatantly racist and bigoted. Home grown right wing extremists are just as dangerous.

and there weren't skyscrapers that were run into by the mayflower and the Pilgrims didn't wear exploding vests. 

• Like 7

. I have no issue with a database and tracking for ANY non-citizen in our country. If they don't like that, then don't come. 

This already exists in part. If you come to the US as a visitor you are photographed and fingered printed at the airport and questions are asked of you, including your plans. You also need to provide an address for the duration of your stay.

This already exists in part. If you come to the US as a visitor you are photographed and fingered printed at the airport and questions are asked of you, including your plans. You also need to provide an address for the duration of your stay.

I've traveled oversees and it happens there too. Difference being that it isn't religion based. Our current system sucks for keeping track of non-citizens. If they are a threat and want to fall off the radar, current;y it is pretty easy. 

• Like 1

Europeans fled their countries to come here to be free from religious persecution.

And Muslims want to come here to eventually enact religious intolerance and persecution once their numbers are up for the task. This is the history of every Muslim nation that once belonged to another culture.Sweden is predicted to be no longer Swedish in about 25 years. A country is entirely made up of it's people. You replace one people with another and the former country is but a memory in time.

Edited by Papist

Name a group of right wing extremist who, in recent years have butchered, raped and tortured more people and who pose a greater threat to the U.S. and the world, than Muslim extremists .

And GO!!!