Trump Explained

Like I've said many times, closing the borders has my support. I'm still torn as I'm not sure it embodies America... Unless you're a Native American than we are all byproducts of immigration. I'm not sure what the answer is really.

But this guy came out and said he wanted to create a freaking database based off religion. Imagine you're a peaceful Muslim just trying to live your life (despite what papist reads on jihadwatch) they do exist. There are more Muslims in the world than any other religion.

We freaked when cumo wanted to register our guns. Worry about the criminals we said... How is this different?

I like a lot of Trumps ideas. I like how anti-politician he is. We need that. But I'm terrified at the following he has gained mostly off fear mongering and hate. That is not Christian and it's not American. If he'd keep his mouth shut a little more he'd have my vote. Until then Rubio, 2016.

Same page really. I like a lot of what Trump says and I've wanted for years to lock the border down to illegal immigration. It's insane and neither party takes it seriously. But, geeze, can he lighten up on some of the sillier stuff. The pseudo-heil trump oath thing he did this past weekend, for example, that's embarrassing. I mean, if I'm traveling outside of the US and I tell people I live here I can't have them immediately start laughing at the president right off the bat. And we can't do away with the 1st amendment to allow registration of muslim americans--and I say that despite the fact that the bulk of the world's terrorism is indeed caused by islamists. I know that, very familiar with the stats. But american citizenship has to mean something and so does the constitution.

I would love to see Trump take hillary to task in a debate, it would be a real treat for the ages. But seriously, talking about the size of his genitals in a national debate?

People's memories may be short. It's possible he's done all this silliness just to win the nomination because it's been a highly entertaining spectacle. I'm hoping if he gets it he can become a legitimate candidate who people can vote for without having to be embarrassed about it. So far he's not that guy. If I put a trump sticker on my car right now most people would just assume I'm joking. And that's a problem trump needs to deal with.

Edited by Core
  • Like 2

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Anyone in this country who won't say those words is an enemy to be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

• Like 1

Trump REALLY loves himself, though.

As for laws change, maybe some do need to, but regardless of one's views on islamic terrorism, having people of a specific religion register is unequivocally incompatible with the 1st amendment, so the only way it could legally happen is if the 1st amendment is either rescinded or revoked. I believe a large number of this country's problems are because the constitution is not being properly followed. We need stricter adherence to it, not less and/or revoking its most popular amendment.

Already been done. But was stopped.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/22/us/special-registration-for-arab-immigrants-will-reportedly-stop.html

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

Anyone in this country who won't say those words is an enemy to be eliminated with extreme prejudice.

But I'm some where between an Atheist and an Agnostic.  Does that make me less American?

But I'm some where between an Atheist and an Agnostic.  Does that make me less American?

The pledge does not require allegiance to God, or even acknowledgement of "a God".

The reference to God in the pledge has to do with the rights that are presumed to be 'unalienable', rather than "granted by government".

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are rights that we are born with, and that no government can take away.

The allegiance being pledged is to the country that recognizes and supports those 'unalienable' rights.

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 2

And I don't disagree with that, never said contrary to that. You might want to do a little research into the mafia btw...if you think all European immigrants were full of love and joy.

Wow is that lame…You're really reaching now…LOL!!

The pledge does not require allegiance to God, or even acknowledgement of "a God".

The reference to God in the pledge has to do with the rights that are presumed to be 'unalienable', rather than "granted by government".

Elmo does have a point. Some folk's Gods do not support or grant the same rights as those codified under a Christian philosophical system such as the US enjoys. People who deny the nation's Christian foundation, in terms of the ideological thought produced by Western civilization, are deluding themselves

Elmo, to answer your question, yes it does make you less of an American:

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

Edited by Papist

I don't think anyone could be worse than who we have now.

I wouldn't call him an exterminator. He will just relocate them to some far away land. Much like what Guiliani did to all of the homeless in NYC.

^^This! That is why they are all crapping their pants.

Yup, agree 100%!

I wonder how the totals would stack up if we added maimed and wounded to that.  And why do we have to start to tally after 9-11? I also really wonder how many attempts by any group are foiled and we never hear a peep about them. 

Why would the media cover some story about a foiled plot? That doesn't get them the blood and carnage that makes their ratings soar. 

I would be willing to bet there are a lot more attempts that only the government knows about to keep the peace and prevent chaos in the streets.

On a side note statistics mean diddly crap they can be manipulated to favor any angle. It's like taking a poll on gun rights in the most liberal part of NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan) then heading to upstate and taking the same poll and using only the NYC poll as the "countries mindset on gun rights."

I wonder how the totals would stack up if we added maimed and wounded to that.  And why do we have to start to tally after 9-11? I also really wonder how many attempts by any group are foiled and we never hear a peep about them. 

Since 911 there have been over 100 people killed on U.S. soil, by Islamic terrorists. But don't tell anyone..LOL!!!

• Like 1

Elmo does have a point. Some folk's Gods do not support or grant the same rights as those codified under a Christian philosophical system such as the US enjoys. People who deny the nation's Christian foundation, in terms of the ideological thought produced by Western civilization, are deluding themselves

So in other words, if you're not Christian, you don't belong in the USA?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

So in other words, if you're not Christian, you don't belong in the USA?

To me it is more about the 'pledge" or not willing to pledge. to me the Pledge means that we are all pledge to the country  under one unifying force. God, Allah, Buddha, whatever the name of the day is. For an Atheist to refuse the pledge becasue of the word God in it, tells me they are more into themselves than the country as a whole anyway. If the term has no meaning than why not? Might as well be one nation under Mickey Mouse to an Atheist? right? 

• Like 1

Elmo, given that do you have an issue saying the pledge? 

I have no problem saying and old enough that I've had said it many times during school.  But there is a difference between someone who just simply said recited it and someone who believes in it.  That been said, I believe in every single word in the pledge whole heartedly except of course the religious part.  As a man of science who is still searching, I obviously have questions whether that line is true or not.

So when it comes to the 2nd amendment, you're quick to hold firm to the Constitution.  When it comes to the 1st amendment, well...the Constitution didn't really mean it that way.

• Like 1

I have no problem saying and old enough that I've had said it many times during school. But there is a difference between someone who just simply said recited it and someone who believes in it. That been said, I believe in every single word in the pledge whole heartedly except of course the religious part. As a man of science who is still searching, I obviously have questions whether that line is true or not.

We will all find out eventually what is true and what isn't. Lol

• Like 1

So when it comes to the 2nd amendment, you're quick to hold firm to the Constitution. When it comes to the 1st amendment, well...the Constitution didn't really mean it that way.

According to him, only those with Christian blood has these rights. The rest of us are mere peasants.

Remind me again why the Pilgrims set sail to this land?

• Like 1

What "right wing extremist  group" has killed more people than any Muslim extremist group?? Stick to the topic…. 9/11 alone killed over 3000, in AMERICA, but you don't want to count that……Do you??

If you want to go pre-9/11, the KKK lynched more black people i.n the USA in the 20th century than were killed on 9/11.

Trump is very popular with those folks that are in the KKK.

If you want to go pre-9/11, the KKK lynched more black people i.n the USA in the 20th century than were killed on 9/11.

Trump is very popular with those folks that are in the KKK.

"According to a Tuskegee Institute study, between the years 1882 and 1968, 3,446 blacks were lynched at the hands of whites." It did not name the Ku Klux Klan and talked only of lynching, not all homicides.

The Tuskegee Institute -- now Tuskegee University -- started documenting lynching cases in the 1890s, according to Richard Sutch, an editor of the Historical Statistics of the United States. The work is generally considered accurate, as Sutch told NPR.

"Many historians approached that data very skeptically," Sutch said. So scholars "went back and they literally read every newspaper in a chosen southern state, and said we're going to record every instance of lynchings that are reported in these newspapers, and then they marched state by state by state.

"And what they found was not that the Tuskegee figures were wrong, but that the Tuskegee figures were essentially correct, and this amazed some people because the Tuskegee figures were showing that there were as many as 120, 150 lynchings per year in the southern United States. That's a lynching every week, more than once a week. It's just a steady drumbeat of violent oppression."

We found copies of the Tuskegee work that confirms between 3,445 and 3,446 black documented lynchings (and another 1,300 lynchings of whites.)

The archive, however, does not track KKK involvement. There is no question that blacks were at least twice as likely as whites to be the victims of lynchings, nor is there any doubt that the southern states accounted for most of these deaths. One study put the southern share at 90 percent. That doesn’t mean the Klan was behind them.

On that point, the historical record is unclear. For starters, historian Michael Pfeifer at the City University of New York says the Klan had three phases. Pfeifer wrote a book on mob violence, Rough Justice: Lynching and American Society, 1847-1947.

"We simply don’t have good statistics on how many African Americans the Ku Klux Klan murdered in the 1860s and 1870s when the 'first' Klan was active," Pfeifer told PunditFact. "Evidence suggests, though, that the Reconstruction Klan murdered hundreds and perhaps several thousand blacks."

That would seem to push the Klan death toll even higher, but Pfeifer says there’s reason to question the Klan’s role in the decades that followed.

"The Klan was not active during most of the years of the ‘lynching frenzy’ of the late 19th and early 20th century South," Pfeifer said. "White lynchers in the Jim Crow-era from the 1890s through the 1910s carried on many of the same white supremacist values as the Ku Klux Klan had in the 1860s and 1870s, but it is not accurate to say that the Klan was involved in lynching in the 1890s and early 1900s."

The Ku Klux Klan is a potent symbol of racism but the deadly violence against blacks, and, we should note, against more than 1,000 Jews, Catholics and other whites, came from a much wider group of Southern society in that period.