Hamburg Sport and Travel Expo..

wooly

Anyone here going to the show this weekend at the fairgrounds?

I missed it last year so planning to go look around again for a bit and set the mood for spring gobblers.

If I leave with anything more than a bag of kettle corn I'll be surprised. :popcorn3:

• Like 2

Be there Friday to meet up with outfitter who'll be in Buffalo for first time. He is very disappointed in the lack of snow as where he's from(South Africa/East Cape) they rarely see it and he and his wife were looking forward to it. Need to tidy up a few hunt details with him and paperwork.

Never been to this show myself.....

I don't go anymore, seen all the turkey calls I care to see, and I don't need anything for hunting. If this winter was like last year i would be looking for something to get me out of the house but this year I might just take the motorcycle for a ride. Although I will miss getting some gun raffle tickets from the few volunteer fire halls.

• Like 1

Haven't been there in years, seems it's turned into a atv, boatshow, outfitters are there but most good shops don't seem to attend anymore. I ll save the $ and just shop on line or local

. Same reason I stopped going as well.

Maybe I should go for the kettle corn it sounds ?!

Be there Friday to meet up with outfitter who'll be in Buffalo for first time. He is very disappointed in the lack of snow as where he's from(South Africa/East Cape) they rarely see it and he and his wife were looking forward to it. Need to tidy up a few hunt details with him and paperwork.

Never been to this show myself.....

I was hoping to finally meet a few of you fine forum members, but I'm not going until Saturday.

Oh well.... your loss. :sarcastichand:

I,ll be there Sat. Where ya going to be?  Picked up a Saskatchwan colored phase black bear hunt for a song.  Great hunt, lots of bears. Had to beat em out of the stand NO SH-T  They have never seen humans so far up. Fishing= fantastic also and you can drive to it. 2400 miles

• Like 1

I'll be bouncing around from the kettle corn to the beer stand.

If I'm not at either of those two places I'll be in the bathroom!

If you see a guy running through the parking lot with a big shed antler in his hands and security hot on his tail.... that might be me too,lol

• Like 6

Well went to the show yesterday, got there at noon and stayed until 3pm. Met a member from this forum, but already forgot his name...lol!!!

Picked up 2 bow holders for my Summit climbers along with some tether strapping, a new glass pot call from "Mountain Hollow" game calls and 2 mouth calls.

Renewed my NRA membership for another 5 years at a reduced rate, and got a $25.00 gift card to Cabela's in the process!!!

Met Tim Herald there, pygmy and I have known Tim for many years, met him at the NWTF convention's back in 2003-2005, believe he was working as a Pro-Staffer for Knight & Hale back then. Has his own consulting/outfitter company now. Glad I went, haven't been to this show in a couple of years.

P.S. I also stopped by the HuntingNY.com booth and picked up a sticker for my shop wall. Great time....glad I went!!

Edited by maytom
  • Like 1

Well went to the show yesterday, got there at noon and stayed until 3pm. Met a member from this forum, but already forgot his name...lol!!!

Picked up 2 bow holders for my Summit climbers along with some tether strapping, a new glass pot call from "Mountain Hollow" game calls and 2 mouth calls.

Renewed my NRA membership for another 5 years at a reduced rate, and got a $25.00 gift card to Cabela's in the process!!!

Met Tim Herald there, pygmy and I have known Tim for many years, met him at the NWTF convention's back in 2003-2005, believe he was working as a Pro-Staffer for Knight & Hale back then. Has his own consulting/outfitter company now. Glad I went, haven't been to this show in a couple of years.

P.S. I also stopped by the HuntingNY.com booth and picked up a sticker for my shop wall. Great time....glad I went!!

What was the booth for?

I was thinking about this when I saw the list of hunting celebrities that were going to be at the show this year.

I remember talking to Tim waaaaay back when I first started logging on to these hunting sites. I think he was on Hunting Forums.com or something like that.

He always seemed like a stand up kind of guy and never got roped into a hot discussion without keeping his cool composure.

Who would have thunk he would have turned out to be so successful in the celebrity hunting mix of guys! Sure came a long way since those days!

Picked up 2 bow holders for my Summit climbers along with some tether strapping, a new glass pot call from "Mountain Hollow" game calls and 2 mouth calls.

Maytom......the guy you met is Dinsdale, also know as Dan. My wife and I got there late and also met up with him. I wanted to meet the PH he will using this spring for his African hunt. Seems like a heck of a nice guy, I'm sure Dan will have a great hunt.

I'm pretty sure the both you visited was not affiliated with this forum, IIRC it is HuntingWNY.com or similar.

Edited by Lawdwaz

The wny hunting buck wall is pretty sweet....nice seeing alot of big bucks displayed in one place.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

All you guys that didn't go last year missed my 3 bucks I had on their wall then. wth  lol!  I enjoy seeing the local big bucks, there are some really nice ones!  I was there Thursday, Paula what booth where you in?  I ended up spending $90 , admission, food, gun raffle tickets, fishing lures, pickles,   kettle corn!