CC holster for S&W Body Guard

So I picked my Body Guard up at lunchtime today. I looked at a couple of the holsters the shop had....Two different pocket holsters and a in the waistband holster. None of them excited me very much so I put the gun in my pocket and left. My problem with the pocket holsters were it made the gun feel a lot bigger in my pocket than it is. They basically turn it into a square outline. Anyway the gun feels fine in my pocket with nothing around it but now I am paranoid that the outline in my pocket is screaming "GUN". I am sure it isn't to anybody but me...at least I hope....what do you guys use? I was thinking I might get an ankle holster....

Contact this guy https://holsterpro.com/ he is located near Utica NY. He makes custom holsters for any make & model. He will make it anyway you want it if you have something specific in mind.

He just made a cross draw for my ketec and it came out perfect. Fast shipping to.

You may find something you like on his website.....all his contact info is on the site as well. Made in America You can't beat that!

I use a pocket holster for my Tomcat .32. It prints a little but assuming nobody ever notices. I think non gun owners never think to look for a gun in a front pocket while looking at me. Also have an ankle holster and IWB that neither get much use. So pocket stuffer 90% of the time for me. Obviously keep everything else , change , keys etc out of that pocket. Enjoy your new gun. Once you start carrying it you'll barely notice the little extra weight stuffed in your pocket I carry and extra mag loose in my back pocket too.

My carry gun is a revolver , S&W 637, but I really like the pocket holster for it.

Works well in either front pants pocket or a jacket pocket. I don't think it is that obvious, unless a person is REALLY looking for it. I have carried many times in public and no one has ever noticed it, at least not to my knowledge.

Lawdwaz likes the ankle holster, but the pocket holster came with my gun and I liked it so well I have not bothered to try the ankle holster.

I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning and I was like....yup, that's a gun.....Nobody has said anything though. I think I might try an ankle holster....I will see how it goes....As long as I don't hear....is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me...

• Like 2

Ankle hoisters are hard to get to. I occasionally carry a small 380, that is similar in size to the bodyguard. I just put it in my front, pants pocket, and use 5 or so dollar bills to break up the outline of the gun. 

Is your Bodyguard the .380 or the .38?

Edited by ants
  • Like 1

I've never had an issue with my LCP or Tomcat in a pocket holster printing in fact I think they break up the outline, you said it yourself , makes it a square outline .... The LCP has been in my back pocket all day today looks like a wallet.

Ants ,I have great respect for you, but I want the trigger covered in any gun in my pocket.

Although I have carried a hammer less .38 in a coat pocket in years gone by without a holster .

Bottom gun is my LCP about the size of a Bodyguard, top gun is my L frame .357. For years I carried the .357 OWB covered by an untucked shirt or sweatshirt , don't worry about your mouse gun being noticed .

post-253-0-96516700-1459117221_thumb.jpe

Edited by Larry302

I pocket carry my Lcp daily, however I do have a fobus paddle holster for it that works great also, but if I Go to a hip gun I usually go to my lc9s pro. Check out fobus or any Kydex paddle holster.

We share almost identical set ups. My pocket 380, is a Kel Tec P3AT. Almost the exact size as the LCP. My daily waistband  carry is the LC9S pro. I carry that in a basic leather, Galco. 

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with my LCP or Tomcat in a pocket holster printing in fact I think they break up the outline, you said it yourself , makes it a square outline .... The LCP has been in my back pocket all day today looks like a wallet.

Ants ,I have great respect for you, but I want the trigger covered in any gun in my pocket.

Although I have carried a hammer less .38 in a coat pocket in years gone by without a holster .

Bottom gun is my LCP about the size of a Bodyguard, top gun is my L frame .357. For years I carried the .357 OWB covered by an untucked shirt or sweatshirt , don't worry about your mouse gun being noticed .

I hear ya, and as I have always said, carry methods are individual choices. My pocket 380, like the Bodyguard and LCP, has an intentionally long trigger pull, so I feel comfortable carrying it without the trigger covered. Some don't, and Im all for doing what you feel comfortable with. I know guys who carry revolvers, with the first chamber empty, and others who carry semi's that have safeties, with the chamber empty. Those methods are not for me, but I would never tell anyone that they are wrong for doing so..

Ankle hoisters are hard to get to.

Easier to get to than a gun in a night stand.  When I owned my business the only way I could properly conceal was with a ankle holster.  Nothing else worked in my line of work.

For many years the ankle holster was my go-to method for carrying in Pennsylvania while turkey hunting.  We camped out and always slept better with a snub nose for comfort.  When we left the truck to hunt, it was the way I choose to carry.  Many times I'd forget it was there and cross a creek or two during the day, resulting in a poly wog or two in the barrel.  :)

I also used a shoulder holster but it shrunk........................................... :(

These days, my snubbies go in a pocket; sometimes holstered, sometimes not.  For my Shield I use a Ritchie CQ-QR............

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/catalog/p-100009/close-quarter-quick-release-cq-qr

I like it a ton.

My kel Tec P32 is either in a DeSantis pocket holster or just in the pocket.

• Like 1

Ankle hoisters are hard to get to. I occasionally carry a small 380, that is similar in size to the bodyguard. I just put it in my front, pants pocket, and use 5 or so dollar bills to break up the outline of the gun. 

Is your Bodyguard the .380 or the .38?

That is a great idea...I am going to try it....The Bodyguard is the .380....

I don't blame you for wanting the trigger covered....I have been leaving the gun unchambered. I know this will add a step if I ever need it but I sure don't need it going off in my pocket or anywhere for that matter under any circumstances where I don't intend for it too...

I use an IWB holster from Alien Gear and I'm convinced I won't be buying anything else. I have tried a couple others before the Alien Gear and nothing could compare for me. Great price, super comfortable. My step dad bought one after I showed him mine and he loves them just as much. Definitely worth a look, at least.