If Full Inclusion Happens?

grampy

I was actually thinking about looking into getting a x-bow for my dad this year, due to his age, and ability to hold back 2 full draw. But tragedy came, and he recently passed away in a horrible car accident, that wasn't his fault.. So for myself and dad as well, ill stick with my Mathews bow, and carry on our tradition. We both loved archery too much to ever want to change.

I may even do the opposite and attempt the Recurve archery tackle out. My father always wanted to get back into it and never got the chance with work and such. He has a recurve set up somewheres, i just need to locate it, that being said, i will for him.

Maybe someday ill break down and get a xbow , just to have and someday hunt with... but that day is to be determined.. I really have zero interest in x-bows

That's awful....so sorry for you and your family....

These stupid laws changing every year are really starting to annoy me. I put off purchasing a compound bow for years because every year they said they were going to include crossbows and I didn't feel like I had the time to become proficient with a bow. I finally broke down 4 or 5 years ago and purchased a compound bow and spent a lot of time shooting it so I would feel comfortable hunting game with it. Then I find out all this time I was missing the best part of the season to be in the woods all because our elected officials couldn't make up their mind on something that should have been done a long time ago. Then they change the law so you can use a crossbow and I don't have one. So I go through this season using my compound even though I could have been using a crossbow if I had one. Then I tell my wife I would like a crossbow but I don't want to spend a  lot of $$ on one for a two weeks season which for me will be hunting two days. (Sundays) So wife is nice enough to purchase me a crossbow for Christmas (Barnett Gamecrusher) so now I have a crossbow to use during the two week season. Now they are going to (maybe) have full inclusion so I have a compound bow that will probably collect dust that I have a lot of $$ into and a cheap crossbow that I would have never purchased had I known that I could use it all season. Very frustrating....then again what isn't frustrating when elected officials are involved....

• Like 4

I am on the fence. I have no vertical bow right now and have never had much interest in a crossbow. If it goes full inclusion I am still a bit torn. No crossbow in 4J, so that leaves a whole area out if I go crossbow. I am also on the fence about archery hunting this season at all. The only reason I started contemplating it again was the private land I hunt in the NZ will still be logging into November weather permitting, so I lost that for spring turkey and deer season this year. I don't want to wait until the middle of November to start hunting. So either a crossbow or a new compound will most likely be in the cards.

With no place to shoot on a regular basis, if they go full inclusion I will probably buy a x-bow as I do not have to shoot that at minimum 3 days a week to keep form and muscle memory correct. 

I am on the fence. I have no vertical bow right now and have never had much interest in a crossbow. If it goes full inclusion I am still a bit torn. No crossbow in 4J, so that leaves a whole area out if I go crossbow. I am also on the fence about archery hunting this season at all. The only reason I started contemplating it again was the private land I hunt in the NZ will still be logging into November weather permitting, so I lost that for spring turkey and deer season this year. I don't want to wait until the middle of November to start hunting. So either a crossbow or a new compound will most likely be in the cards.

With no place to shoot on a regular basis, if they go full inclusion I will probably buy a x-bow as I do not have to shoot that at minimum 3 days a week to keep form and muscle memory correct.

Your crazy not to hunt deer flock to loggers, they love the tops.. and the loggers leave to go hunt themselves and wow deer show up.. find.a bird early roosting on edge of cut using landing as fly down. Have to be there early as they will leave but birds will still be there picking bugs off tops that are sunning themselves and dusting in landings and roads..

Your crazy not to hunt deer flock to loggers, they love the tops.. and the loggers leave to go hunt themselves and wow deer show up.. find.a bird early roosting on edge of cut using landing as fly down. Have to be there early as they will leave but birds will still be there picking bugs off tops that are sunning themselves and dusting in landings and roads..

I was told by the land owner I cannot hunt this spring or next fall. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

After a two years off, I will soon start working out with my old compound again. The Dr took me off it after some major surgery a couple years ago, but I am back up to 100% now. I will not hunt with my newer compound if they do allow full inclusion. Since that is still up in the air at this time, I want to at least be in proper shape to hunt the early part of the season with the compound. The deer have been going almost fully nocturnal by the time crossbow opens for the last couple years in the zone where I live. I would like to get an early crack at some antlerless deer this season, even if it means a return to the compound. I would say my odds of filling some tags would be about 10X higher if I could use the crossbow from the start of archery season.

Edited by wolc123

I own a crossbow but honestly do not want the early bow season ruined with every gun hunter in the woods with a crossbow. I work hard all year at shooting my compound and use that first month as an advantage. I'm fine with the way it is now and 2 weeks is plenty with the x bow especially since it comes at the peak of the rut

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I own a crossbow but honestly do not want the early bow season ruined with every gun hunter in the woods with a crossbow. I work hard all year at shooting my compound and use that first month as an advantage. I'm fine with the way it is now and 2 weeks is plenty with the x bow especially since it comes at the peak of the rut

Where does every one come up with every gun hunter with a crossbow? If full inclusion happens a bow course is required to hunt with it.. so once you take the bow couse you are trained, or qualified, will some be new yes.. but they will be taught ethics and how a deer dies with hemoraging instead of shock lime a bullet.

It seems this it the big argument against full inclusion. Mad crazy brown it's down hunters invading the woods... but this new bill allowing full inclusion removes this.. so the argument becomes invalid.. yes they will be new but so was I to archery and everyone else at some point...

• Like 3

Ya know, these "elite" hunters, are so worried about sharing the woods with, "noob, clown and brown it's down gun hunters". If you are a so much more, proficient hunter, why worry about "those" guys killing "your" deer? Shouldn't be a problem if you are the superior hunter, right?

• Like 3

Im sorry but that is my stance on it. X bow is not a bow. If your handicapped then fine, if not lower your poundage and learn how to use a bow. NY has it fine right now with 2 weeks of crossbow is all Im saying. If you want that extra month shoot a compound. It ain't that hard

I'm not worried about anyone killing " my deer" where did that come from..I fill my tags . If they pass threw my land and I have tags I'll fill my tags. Yo tony skyline. If it was directed at me I'll out shoot you any day ! Any implement . Try me .

Edited by Fredbear2

It is not "fine the way it is now", especially in the zones that are overpopulated with deer, because the early pressure during archery season forces them to go nocturnal by the time crossbow opens up. A crossbow is more effective at killing a doe from a group than a conventional bow, because it does not have to be drawn with them in close. That advantage is wasted by the late opener.

By clinging to "keep them out" or "keep it the same", you are asking for muzzleloaders in archery season. How would that be better for you than crossbows? You would likely get more people and certainly would get a lot more noise. No legal weapon is less effective at taking does than a conventional bow. The crossbow provides a unique opportunity to get populations under control, while keeping things quite. That should make it even more effective, if deployed at the start of the season, than a muzzleloader.

Where does every one come up with every gun hunter with a crossbow? If full inclusion happens a bow course is required to hunt with it.. so once you take the bow couse you are trained, or qualified, will some be new yes.. but they will be taught ethics and how a deer dies with hemoraging instead of shock lime a bullet.

It seems this it the big argument against full inclusion. Mad crazy brown it's down hunters invading the woods... but this new bill allowing full inclusion removes this.. so the argument becomes invalid.. yes they will be new but so was I to archery and everyone else at some point...

I tired to hit like more than once wouldn't let me.

Like x 10000

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Im sorry but that is my stance on it. X bow is not a bow. If your handicapped then fine, if not lower your poundage and learn how to use a bow. NY has it fine right now with 2 weeks of crossbow is all Im saying. If you want that extra month shoot a compound. It ain't that hard

Then let's go

2 weeks trad

2 weeks vertical

2 weeks xbow

Not so hot for you I bet....prolly bc you take the easy way out and shoot a compound

• Like 1

Then let's go

2 weeks trad

2 weeks vertical

2 weeks xbow

Not so hot for you I bet....prolly bc you take the easy way out and shoot a compound

I could go for that if traditional shooters were given the rut 2 weeks..x bow first , and compound in the lull
  • Like 1

And still, with a crossbow, you have to have the skill and woodsmanship to consistently, put yourself 30 yards or so downwind of deer to kill them. Even with rifles, some "clowns" can only hope to get lucky. No matter what tool is in their hand. A good hunter is still a good hunter. A stumblebum in the woods is no threat to the deer population. Especially with a crossbow! Let full inclusion happen. And let each hunter decide for themselves what tool they want to hunt with.

• Like 7

Unless you were implying you would out shoot me.. then I would accept the challenge, but shoot me over a x bow conversation just says exactly what I am saying, if ya can't shoot a bow stay out of the woods until gun season becasue "yo tony skyline" ain't down with people shooting anything that moves in the woods