HSUS is spending lots of money to convince people hunters are murderers.

We need to be aggressive in our opposition to HSUS.

As far as ammo for hunting goes, I don't think HSUS is promoting copper ammo as much as looking to ban all hunting ammo.  Sure they can make a case against lead ammo, but they will not be happy if all hunting is done with copper ammo.

• Like 1

HSUS is against any kind of sport hunting "PERIOD" and they sure as Hell don't give a crap about what kind of weapon or bullets a hunter uses. Yes they will use "ANY" kind of tactic they can to get their goal accomplished including the false fear mongering narratives about lead based ammo."

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

We need to be aggressive in our opposition to HSUS.

As far as ammo for hunting goes, I don't think HSUS is promoting copper ammo as much as looking to ban all hunting ammo.  Sure they can make a case against lead ammo, but they will not be happy if all hunting is done with copper ammo.

As a proponent of copper bullets and slugs, I agree that HSUS is not interested in changing how we hunt. If the NRA and UHUS would both quit with the Pb propaganda pro and con, maybe we could have an intelligent conversation.

• Like 1

So gloss over what I say.....

What are you personally doing about the HLD happening in Albany in 8 days? 

Actually, any consistent attempts at hijacking threads should be glossed over and ignored. If a point outside the topic has any value, start a separate thread instead of hijacking this one.

The simple fact is those who are against hunting are better organized, more active and more determined then those of us who hunt.

They have emotion on their side. That makes it easier to get emotion-based support and more dollars. Some day we will learn to use that super effective tactic and begin to tug at people's heartstrings with stories and pictures of starving and diseased animals that are suffering from over population. We talk ourselves blue in the face offering up all kinds of dry, lengthy, scientific factual research and then try to resuscitate those that have slipped into a coma part way through the arguments. Meanwhile the HSUS people are winning ground from people with tears running down their faces from the tear-jerking Bambi style tales of suffering and death of the furry little woodland creatures. Their audiences are captured with the emotionality of the presentation. People hearing all sobbing just simply throw their money at these organizations.

We've got to get on the emotional side of deer-yarding stories and the rabies and distemper and mange tear-jerking stories of the poor little woodland creatures that suffer inhumane ravages of over-population. Personalize it. Use the humanizing tactics that put the listener in the place of these poor forgotten animals. Never mind the facts and figures and stats and data. Those data-blizzards simply paralyze people into open-eyed unconsciousness. One of the most powerful images that I have ever seen was a video post on here that showed a weakened deer that was in obvious anguish hardly able to keep its head up for more that a couple of seconds at a time. We need more of that shown and explained to the public!

Lol. I'm not sure you know Mike.

Never the less, this requires a team effort. Some just wont join the team and others wont make the cut anyway.... When someone is interested in being productive or working toward meaningful results, they get with the program. Others, however, just get sarcastic. 

You hear about issues from groups such as the NRA-ILA and others after the legislation has passed committee. Few realize prior to reaching that point, and hearing about it through those sources, that the bill has been lobbied for several years.  

• Like 1

• There are groups out there fighting the fight, like the animal rights groups they need members and donations. Below are a few and of which I belong to a couple.

Al

•  

https://home.nra.org/

http://www.sportsmensalliance.org/

ActivistFacts.com

HumaneWatch,com

PetaKillsAnimals.com

http://www.animalagalliance.org/protect/

http://cqrcengage.com/naiatrust/AnimalRightsExtremism

Edited by airedale

Some day we will learn to use that super effective tactic and begin to tug at people's heartstrings with stories and pictures of starving and diseased animals that are suffering from over population.

I never liked this argument. It is not compelling. It seems self serving. Overpopulation can be a big problem. It is especially a problem with deer and snow geese. My concern is not for either species, it is for the host of other species that depend on the habitat they are destroying.

HSUS and PETA are ecologically illiterate.

• There are groups out there fighting the fight, like the animal rights groups they need members and donations. Below are a few and of which I belong to a couple.

Al

And every single one of them does absolutely nothing except escalate the conflict..... 

I never liked this argument. It is not compelling. It seems self serving. Overpopulation can be a big problem. It is especially a problem with deer and snow geese. My concern is not for either species, it is for the host of other species that depend on the habitat they are destroying.

HSUS and PETA are ecologically illiterate.

It no longer depends on what is self serving or distasteful or whatever. It is becoming a case of using tactics that work. And we are getting our butts kicked by emotion-based  presentations of animal rights groups. The animal rights crowd has found what appeals to humans and have found ways to pull huge support and finances out of people's pockets. They use all kinds of emotion-based tactics, fair or foul, truth or fiction, but they are all emotion based and they are all effective.

We on the other hand rely on coma-inducing papers and research reports and lines of data that would put any audience under. We might as well save our breath rather than boring people to death and burying them under facts and figures that they won't even remember 5 seconds after they hear it. Send them away raving to their friends and neighbors about the sad image of a fawn starving to death because of a lack of hunting. Give them a jarring image of a staggering and drooling rabid raccoon. Let them choke on the putrid picture of a crusted nearly blinded fox with mange and explain that such animal health problems are exacerbated by todays attitudes toward trapping and hunting. Go for the cultural change through emotional awareness. That's what HSUS and their cohorts have been involved in. That is how they have made their advances. And I believe that it is those kinds of efforts that have changed our culture and is responsible for the constant negative slide of hunter numbers (adults and youngsters).

And every single one of them does absolutely nothing except escalate the conflict..... 

I do not agree with this.  Nor do I agree the NRA-ILA doesn't inform it's members about anti-gun and anti-hunting lobbying efforts long before they become bills in the legislature.

If supporting these groups that are fighting the anti's isn't right, what is?

• Like 3