Holding those responsible

"The families are suing the maker, distributor and seller of the rifle, which the gunman used to kill 20 first-graders and six educators in Newtown, Connecticut, in less than five minutes on December 14, 2012. They argue the rifle shouldn’t have been entrusted to the general public because it is a military-style assault weapon that is unsuited for civilian use. They say the gun companies knew—or should have known—about the high risks posed by the weapon, including the ability for a shooter to use it to inflict maximum casualties and serious injury."

Luckily he didn't walk in with a shotgun instead. The death toll would have dwarfed what it was. 

• Like 2

Which firearm can put more lead down range?? An AR scary rifle or a 12 gauge loaded with 5 or 6 rounds of 00, 000 or #4 buckshot?  Some lawyers are just such money grubbing scum bags….

Hope I don't get sued by one of the scum bags for saying that.

• Like 2

It wasn't the most deadly weapon to choose.

The end result proves otherwise

Well that statement  clearly shows you are incapable of a conversation outside you agenda, you know nothing about firearms or both. Better stick with the Pot and Meth smoking and stay away from firearms. 

Semi Confined targets, unarmed, unarmored but movable and a rifle is the most efficient weapon?  Especially in an untrained persons hands? 

The point is, they are going after the manufacturer for their pound of flesh. It has nothing to do with their assertions about the rifle used.  

wow....just wow.  

• Like 3

5 or 6?  maybe 8 or 9.  And speed loaders. 

Just thinking.. an AR with a 30 round mag or a 12ga.  semi, or even a pump loaded with  only 5 rounds of 00 buck. 30 projectiles from the AR Vs. 45 out of the 12. and 000 buck and #4 buck have even more projectiles, not to mention 3" loads.

"

To hold any weapon manufacturer liable for the stupidness of the donkey holes that use them for crimes is like holding Pampers responsible when your baby gets diaper rash.

I am not sure why people don't get it:

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE! STUPID PEOPLE WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE!

Uptown, you seem to be a little on the anti-gun side. So why join a hunting forum where people are pro-gun? 

• Like 1

To hold any weapon manufacturer liable for the stupidness of the donkey holes that use them for crimes is like holding Pampers responsible when your baby gets diaper rash.

Uptown, you seem to be a little on the anti-gun side. So why join a hunting forum where people are pro-gun? 

Its not about common sense. Its about slithering trial lawyers and money$$. BMW's, mansions, trophy wives and European vacations are not cheap.

• Like 1

Relax.  It's standard legal procedure for the defendants to ask to have the suit dismissed.  This judge just made a political decision, rather than the correct legal one.  The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005 says it's illegal for this suit to proceed, so I expect it will not turn out well for the plaintiffs in the long run.

• Like 1

How is it on the company who makes the rifle? Either it is legal to sell or not. Why not sue the State for making it legal ?? Let me guess…..its easier to sue the company…. Scum bag lawyers and an activist, dishonest Judge….End of story.

Relax.  It's standard legal procedure for the defendants to ask to have the suit dismissed.  This judge just made a political decision, rather than the correct legal one.  The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act of 2005 says it's illegal for this suit to proceed, so I expect it will not turn out well for the plaintiffs in the long run.

Well that would stink.

Why not add in suing the gun store that sold the DB the guns?

I am really getting a bad taste for the anti-gun people around here.

So are we entering into a legal atmosphere where the right to manufacture, and distribute for sale is determined by the perceived potential for mis-use is the criteria? Look out automotive industry .... lol. Or maybe potential body count is the criteria. The fertilizer industry may be in jeopardy. Those that produce lead pipes may want to be concerned too. There are so many enablers and compatible industries for those that want to do evil, where exactly do we draw the line.

"They argue the rifle shouldn’t have been entrusted to the general public because it is a military-style assault weapon that is unsuited for civilian use."

really , were they selling select fire ones .. them are the military ones

• Like 1

Google some vids on the speed loaders.

I'm not in full disagreement, I'm just saying there are disadvantages too. Honestly I haven't put much thought into how I would achieve a mass killing. In close quarters a shotgun with 00 will always rain supreme. anything of distance or spread out would be better suited for a carbine.

Rob,

This is Uptowns MO. He puts stuff like this out there just to piss off everyone. Notice he started the topic yet doesn't provide an opinion. He's hoping we all take the bait and then he starts his crap.

He is a phony who's only on this site for thrills.