Breasts

I like to make the breasts into cutlets and marinate them, then grill them. But, I often pluck my birds and roast them like a domestic bird. The leg meat can be tough, but I like it and the flavor is good. She'll make a soup out of the carcass after we eat most of the meat off of it.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

i like cutting them up in big chunks and making kabobs. i make a honey, garlic and lime marinade and let them soak overnight. then just grill them up. I slow cook the thighs and make an awesome soup with them. take them out after 6-7 hours on low and chop up that tender meat into bit sized pieces. falls right off the bone. add some veggies for another few hours with some fresh herbs right towards the end and your good to go. i can't stand the thought of throwing away any game meat so i always keep the thighs

I like to make the breasts into cutlets and marinate them, then grill them. But, I often pluck my birds and roast them like a domestic bird. The leg meat can be tough, but I like it and the flavor is good. She'll make a soup out of the carcass after we eat most of the meat off of it.

Does your GF have any use for any of the outer parts to a nice bird like your son's?

Like feathers & feet?

Tail fans, heads (freeze dried rock, artificial not so much) etc. ??  And feathers & feet.............

I've seen some pretty ratty looking fans and wing feathers, either shot up, torn up from fighting or in from thrashing in their death throes.