4th time out, so far Nadda!!!

maytom

This morning was the 4th time out for me this season. Haven't seen a gobbler yet!!! Only heard 2 one morning early, and then complete silence.

Appears that they are henned up and don't want to play!!! Going to try another spot in the morning, if nothing but silence again, will wait an entire week before heading back out. Tuff sledding so far

• Like 2

Keep at 'em, Paulie....It is a tough season for me also...Between Ontario and here, I've hunted every day except 3 since April 25th, and the longbeard that I killed Saturday is the only adult gobbler I've seen.  Lots of hens and jakes, though and I know the big boys are there.  They're due to bust loose anytime now...

I know what would get them gobbling..

I need to sacrifice a virgin on the altar of The Great Warty-Headed Turkey God...

Anybody know where I can find one ?  There aren't any around here, at  least  lot not any of legal age...

Don't feel bad, it's been a tough season for me too. 0 times out, 0 turkeys seen. Might take Thursday off from work, but will probably choose fishing instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't hunt this morning..Had to take The Mermaid  to a medical appt...

Tomorrow, I'll be on the property  frown pre-dawn until noon...  I know the bird I killed Saturday is not the ONLY longbeard on that hill..

• Like 1

We've had a pretty fair season but have have days of no gobbling or sightings. Than it breaks loose same as always.

When time is limited its harder to get on good birds on the right days.

Seen some of your posts so I know you know that. Hope it all changes for you next time out

• Like 1

We've had a pretty fair season but have have days of no gobbling or sightings. Than it breaks loose same as always.

When time is limited its harder to get on good birds on the right days.

Seen some of your posts so I know you know that. Hope it all changes for you next time out

As I am sure you know,  often killing a good bird is a matter of BEING there on that one day, or perhaps  the 2 hours, that he happens to be WITHOUT hens...

The more time you can spend in the woods, the better  your chances are of being there during that often brief period of time when that bird is vulnerable.

• Like 1

Took today off to catch up on some sleep. The birds haven't been wanting to play at all at every spot I had hit so far. Giving them a couple more days before venturing out again.

Have a lot of work to do around the house to keep me busy.

if you judge hunts by the outcome you should've been a golfer instead

Why is that....?

If there's one thing hunters and golfers can agree on, is that any day you can get a "hole in one" is a good day,lol

• Like 2