Deerpassion 16/17 deer season (FL)

deerpassion

Hopefully soon man! Settled in for the evening after about a 2 mile hike. 89 degrees, 80% humidity .... Saw a buck way down the levy doggin a scent trail back n forth like a crack head on the walk in n seen 2 doe's n a small fork horn so far , shaping up to be a good evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hopefully soon man! Settled in for the evening after about a 2 mile hike. 89 degrees, 80% humidity .... Saw a buck way down the levy doggin a scent trail back n forth like a crack head on the walk in n seen 2 doe's n a small fork horn so far , shaping up to be a good evening

Sounds like we need to get live from the stand started early just for you

• Like 2

On September 2, 2016 at 7:10 AM, deerpassion said:

Few feeder bands came through this area and dumped a bunch a rain from that hurricane that went north of me to the panhandle ... Hopefully my hunting grounds aren't a friggin lake by now. We'll see tmorrow

good luck with that.  I'm down that way this week.  Will be fishing out of Hillsboro Inlet for a few days.

• Like 1

Why don't you bring a light weight kayak or canoe with you so you can reach those places way in the back? Or is there any other way to get out there?

I've done it in the past with the kayak, but can't get too far, it fluctuates between water n dry trail , really a distance thing but need to buggy to handle the intermittent water holes n nasty trails .... Really hard to explain until ya see what we deal with

3 minutes ago, deerpassion said:

I've done it in the past with the kayak, but can't get too far, it fluctuates between water n dry trail , really a distance thing but need to buggy to handle the intermittent water holes n nasty trails .... Really hard to explain until ya see what we deal with

can only imagine what lurks in those areas as well, I'd want to be as high up and out of the way as possible...........couldn't imagine wading through those marshes, or whatever the proper term is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
How you doing down there with the deer hunting ?

Not great , no time to scout or set stands , pretty much goin in blind based on past ( 5 years ago) knowledge ... However, missed a nice buck in the middle of a big cypress strand last weekend cause I hit a vine that was 10 yds or so past the whole I had to shoot through , grrr... Now this!!!

feec68dd84907a647503775876f190e0.jpg

F me n my season

8 minutes ago, deerpassion said:

Not great , no time to scout or set stands , pretty much goin in blind based on past ( 5 years ago) knowledge ... However, missed a nice buck in the middle of a big cypress strand last weekend cause I hit a vine that was 10 yds or so past the whole I had to shoot through , grrr... Now this!!!

feec68dd84907a647503775876f190e0.jpg

F me n my season

That blue dot you?  Stay safe.  I think hunting would not be my concern until it passes.

All good , never lost power, the eye just missed me by a mere 10-15 miles just northeast of me... got some good wind n a little rain but nothing like what the panhandle is getting now... few models project it circling back around for round two , hopefully not ! As for now, I have a bunch a hurricane beer to drink ...

• Like 3