1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

d1471168b7a6d02457e7c4eaa4672e7b.jpgcf391686ecaf96d5096d8269f440aff0.jpg
5 shots cold this am in hunting jacket and sweatshirt 2 broadheads 3 fp...all the new arrows from Walmart deal. Hunting arrows are set proven and ready to go. I'm ready. Broadheads punch straight thru target. Ruined 2 arrows with fp on them took fletching off/cut it. 35 yards

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The trick is to shoot your broadheads first,then fieldpoints..

Yea learned that the hard way lol...not that I would have anyway but I specifically shot fp first to make sure they hit target bc these arrows are 3 in longer than mine from walmart. Seem to fly good. Should be about same weight

Here's my first post in this thread of an actual, real 1st shot. The only one I took today. The way I lashed the broadhead together creates a touch more air resistance so I think I can even excuse a small bit of vertical drop because of that ^_^ Target is trashed so I was shooting from the side, to the side.

1stshot.jpg

• Like 1

September 20th I was aiming for the bottom corner, I think this was 20 yards.

Second picture is Sep 27th bottom right was my first shot on target # 3.  25 yards or possibly 30 not sure sorry I have been busy, lol trying to get everything ready.

sep20.JPGSep27.JPG

I shot three BH's today. I hope it was opening day jitters, but I was not 'on' today. 26yds, no pics, sorry. 1st was 2" high but center, 2nd was center but 3" left, and last was center but 3" right. I had to be shaking a bit. I swear, I almost went and bought a pack of smokes. I guess the best time to quit smoking isn't just before the bow opener. LOL

• Like 2

Today was rainy as most know.  Well I had to go to the archery range to help a friend so I shot also.  First shot was good 30 yards.

30yards.JPG

Next 4 shots where good but I always shoot the shoulder on the coyote so I took a second for the 10 spot, the next 2 deer shots are about 25-26 yards the coyote was 38 yards. 

25yards.JPG

26yards.JPG

38yards.JPG

Then I shot at 48 yards and hit low and did not think much about it and took another shot and aimed higher, no big deal I thought.  Then I tested my broadheads yes in the rain, why not I am hunting in the rain...  Wow was I hitting low!  I found out when I got home my peep slid down when I was adjusting it, lucky for me I did not play with the sights!  Now I have to reshoot tomorrow before we do an afternoon to dark hunt.  Glad I tested, now I have to retest at least it's an easy fix as I already put it back and it slide in a notch on the string so I am pretty sure tomorrow will have me back on target.  My 39 pin went to 35 I was like WOW these broad heads are heavy, then I remember I weighed them!  Last minute struggles, lol.  PS: Shooting in the rain sucks!   

48yards.JPG

• Like 1

I shot three BH's today. I hope it was opening day jitters, but I was not 'on' today. 26yds, no pics, sorry. 1st was 2" high but center, 2nd was center but 3" left, and last was center but 3" right. I had to be shaking a bit. I swear, I almost went and bought a pack of smokes. I guess the best time to quit smoking isn't just before the bow opener. LOL

Any of those shots are dead deer. I am joint you. Fishing for me this weekend woods ok Monday. Keep at it rob

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Any of those shots are dead deer. I am joint you. Fishing for me this weekend woods ok Monday. Keep at it rob

Not hijacking the thread, never meant it that way. Just an observation on my last 3 shots with the bow. Added the smoking part as a joke. Just wasn't happy with three shots today.

• Like 1

Not hijacking the thread, never meant it that way. Just an observation on my last 3 shots with the bow. Added the smoking part as a joke. Just wasn't happy with three shots today.

Yea I hear that we all have off days. This thread can't be hijacked. Lol...good luck if you go out... Sunday am looks real nice

• Like 1

I shot today after getting a pair of rubber boots at the new Field and Stream.  Used the boots I sprayed with tick spray anyway.

I was rushed a bit so after getting to the range I did a 50 yard shot and missed low!  I said WHAT THE?  Dam I used my 40 pin, ARG!  Then I almost dry fired!  Arg!!!  Rushing things messes me up so I slowed down a bit...  So second shot of the day because the first was a miss.  48 Yards with my 50 pin.  I was happy and did a few shots from 20-38 yards and was off to hunt.    

`Oct1.JPG

Edited by NFA-ADK

Today was rainy as most know.  Well I had to go to the archery range to help a friend so I shot also.  First shot was good 30 yards.
30yards.JPG
Next 4 shots where good but I always shoot the shoulder on the coyote so I took a second for the 10 spot, the next 2 deer shots are about 25-26 yards the coyote was 38 yards. 
25yards.JPG
26yards.JPG
38yards.JPG
Then I shot at 48 yards and hit low and did not think much about it and took another shot and aimed higher, no big deal I thought.  Then I tested my broadheads yes in the rain, why not I am hunting in the rain...  Wow was I hitting low!  I found out when I got home my peep slid down when I was adjusting it, lucky for me I did not play with the sights!  Now I have to reshoot tomorrow before we do an afternoon to dark hunt.  Glad I tested, now I have to retest at least it's an easy fix as I already put it back and it slide in a notch on the string so I am pretty sure tomorrow will have me back on target.  My 39 pin went to 35 I was like WOW these broad heads are heavy, then I remember I weighed them!  Last minute struggles, lol.  PS: Shooting in the rain sucks!   
48yards.JPG

I just bought those arrows this year.... How have they been working out for you? Good penetration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:36 AM, chefhunter86 said:

I just bought those arrows this year.... How have they been working out for you? Good penetration

So far so good, they penetrate almost as much as my heavier arrows, hope to test them on a deer this season if I can find one I want to shoot.

So far so good, they penetrate almost as much as my heavier arrows, hope to test them on a deer this season if I can find one I want to shoot.

Yea I've been shooting them this week out of my new halon 6 and holly crap are they fast and hard hitting

• Like 1