Say BS to this all......

growalot

You want but in front of a neighbors house I in my lane and another guy in his had to stop for deer. Out pops a young doe who stood doing circles in the road when she saw us...then came twinkling fawns  in full bright wht.spots and dark red coats ...if they were over 4 weeks TOPS!. I'll eat dog crap. They were easy half the size of the fawns I posted in trail cam pics...talk about a late birth...they too wondered around in front of us a bit be for hitting the woods...Then another young doe came out and crossed...Talk about a late breeding!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I once saw a fawn in the ADK during rifle season with spots.  Talk about late breading!  Sometimes in these remote area's I think even the bucks have a hard time finding doe at the right time. 

I would think she was impregnated during the 4th cycle and that would be early February, makes sense that is about 7 months.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'm still getting pics of a fawn with spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very common now.  Somewhere I have a few snap shots of a fawn with two lines of spots down it's back during archery season........

• Like 1

Lawd....I'm not talking of a fawn with just spots...That is common...especially faded one's along either side of back. I'm talking bright white all over body.on rich red fur...but also half the size of any fawn I've seen lately...tiny little things.

NOW when I told Mr B , he told me of a fawn he saw on the way to work that was huge and its 2 lines of spots were barely visible...biggest fawn he's ever seen this time of year...out in. Lima. Be. It weather or over population breeding patterns seem to have extended a bit.

Edited by growalot

49 minutes ago, growalot said:

Lawd....I'm not talking of a fawn with just spots...That is common...especially faded one's along either side of back. I'm talking bright white all over body.on rich red fur...but also half the size of any fawn I've seen lately...tiny little things.

NOW when I told Mr B , he told me of a fawn he saw on the way to work that was huge and its 2 lines of spots were barely visible...biggest fawn he's ever seen this time of year...out in. Lima. Be. It weather or over population breeding patterns seem to have extended a bit.

Lima?  Things have always been a little off in Lima..............

:)

• Like 1