Good Times?!?!

Lawdwaz

I guess I'm officially an Old Bastard as I CAN'T stand driving at night, especially on the Governor Thomas E. Dewey Thruway. :notme:

We had to go to a wedding in Geneva yesterday afternoon and had a great time, our old neighbor's son got hitched.  Normally we'd get a room near the venue but we have a commitment this morning and more importantly, didn't want to spend $200 for a room.

Google and the GPS said 1 hour 37 minutes.......Man O man do folks fly these days on that road! I guess the police have given up on policing it??  75-85 mph doesn't phase people but I'm frazzled at the end of the drive! (ya have to go that fast or you'll be steam-rolled......)

I had my contacts in for the day and yanked them out when we left, I feel like I can see better at night without them.  It wasn't fun but we made it back by 12:30am, fat & happy.

Beauty & The Beast........

image_zpskekajfqn.jpeg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Kathy knows he's a good catch..

He still has some of his hair, most of his teeth, and all of his social security.

for a second I thought that was you with him, and that you were much better looking then I had thought.....thanks for clearing that up.

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'm with ya on driving the Thruway! Drove to the State Fair on Thursday. Two hours each way. Had as many thrills and chills on the drive as anything at the fair.

White knuckle all the way!  I remember in my younger days in the late 80's when my buddy and I would drive 24 hours straight through to Colorado like it was almost nothing.  We'd take a Thermos of coffee and hit the road......if I did that today I'd be hitting every rest stop/pull off etc starting at the Hamburg exit.  Hell, it'd take us three days......:negative:

• Like 3

I drove thru Atlanta GA last week what a riot I loved it had my parents in car and told my mom I didn't need to hear anything from her and that she wanted me to drive for a reason...crazy going 85 past cops in the flow of traffic...

My uncle was on his way thru Atlanta and some 22 year old drunk was going wrong way on Highway hit him and he rolled it a few times...thank God he didn't have his k8ds with him and walked away unharmed

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk