Climbing Stand

Big Indian

I had a couple Summit stands.  No flies on them but after using a Treewalker for the last 6 (I think) years you couldn't give me another.
Thank me later...................
http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/detail.asp?sku=ProMag&r1=chillpad&r2=gunholder&r3=padstrap-upgrade
I take the gun rest off the front for bowhunting.

Not the first accolade I have seen for those. It looks pretty interesting. I wish I could see them in stores though, but never have. Same for x stands, I don't see those.

4 hours ago, chrisw said:

The classic vipers are steel and a fair amount heavier..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They are but considering what we carry it shouldnt be a big deal. And the price is great. Just a consideration for the op. Id still get a lone wolf though. 

15 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

I had a couple Summit stands.  No flies on them but after using a Treewalker for the last 6 (I think) years you couldn't give me another.

Thank me later...................

http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/detail.asp?sku=ProMag&r1=chillpad&r2=gunholder&r3=padstrap-upgrade

I take the gun rest off the front for bowhunting.

Expensive but I like it.

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Now you guys have me wanting a viper, especially for all day sits. I'm starting a gofundme page

Want to borrow mine ? I won't use it til gun season . Or maybe it's not a Viper as I was pretty sure it was. But there's no rail to contend with at least. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Expensive but I like it.

Yes, not cheap but really comfortable and grips the tree like a SOB. 

Another huge deal is you don't need no stinkin' stirrups like the Summit. 

I've spent as much as 11 hours in it during an opening day and only came down once for call of nature break.  

I bought a couple Summit saddle bags for it and used an old Summit front bag for the front bar.  I carry a back pack for all day sits and lower it to the ground with a haul rope if I need extra clothing.  I also have a cup holder for my hot cocoa or soup when on this long sits. When bow hunting, the cup holder isn't on board.  A Real Tree Bow/Gun holder, folding saw and safety line reside in the front bag all the time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yes, not cheap but really comfortable and grips the tree like a SOB. 

Another huge deal is you don't need no stinkin' stirrups like the Summit. 

I've spent as much as 11 hours in it during an opening day and only came down once for call of nature break.  

I bought a couple Summit saddle bags for it and used an old Summit front bag for the front bar.  I carry a back pack for all day sits and lower it to the ground with a haul rope if I need extra clothing.  I also have a cup holder for my hot cocoa or soup when on this long sits. When bow hunting, the cup holder isn't on board.  A Real Tree Bow/Gun holder, folding saw and safety line reside in the front bag all the time.

Geeze even I could do an all day sit with that set up.  

Haven't used it in awhile but I have the API grand slam deluxe climber. Picked 2 of them up dang near new for 40$ a piece. They are light and simple

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My api bowhunter was my favorite stand to date. Worked great with no bar in front was perfect for bowhunting...ended up selling get years back. Regret it don't like my new one near as much

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My api bowhunter was my favorite stand to date. Worked great with no bar in front was perfect for bowhunting...ended up selling get years back. Regret it don't like my new one near as much

I was going to post the exact same thing. If I had the Thirdhand straps back then that stand would have been perfect.
  • Like 1

The grand slam has the bar and I like even with archery. I just rest my hip against it as I draw and lower so I know I won't hit it with the bow limb. The only thing I don't like is the cheap foot straps for climbing. Def get the better ones and install them

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A lot of the guys I hunted with in Florida used the Gunslinger stands. I bought one and I love it. It has a canopy seat that you can sit in for hours and hours comfortably. It's different because it faces the tree, but it provides some cover and stability for shooting that way. They also make a stand that can face away from the tree. The stands are super lightweight and are easy to carry.

http://deercrossingtreestands.com/The Gunslinger.html

Might be too comfortable. I've taken some of my best naps in this stand.