Nikon bdc?

Red

Does anyone have any experience with these scopes? I've only ever used one scope and that's on my muzzle loader with regular cross hairs. 

I'm buying a rifle combo that comes with the nikon bdc I'm curious as to how the bdc scopes  are

My son has the savage model 111, I believe. It come with the Nikon scope with the bdc reticle. I am not a fan of the reticle, as I have always used traditional crosshairs. But my son loves it. My eyes don't clearly pick up the crosshairs as the circles seem too close together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does anyone have any experience with these scopes? I've only ever used one scope and that's on my muzzle loader with regular cross hairs. 

I'm buying a rifle combo that comes with the nikon bdc I'm curious as to how the bdc scopes  are

Never used it but I see you picked a rifle combo...can I ask what ya got.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I owned a few Nikon BDC and don't like them. One for the price the are other scopes in that price range that are better. What I don't like are the circles instead of lines, they seem to takeup to much. With line BDC or Mil-Dot you get a better site picture just my 2 cents.

16 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Never used it but I see you picked a rifle combo...can I ask what ya got.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I haven't picked it up yet but I'm going this afternoon ill be picking up the savage 111 308 or 30-06 i still haven't made up my mind completely ill decide last minute when I'm at the counter at dicks if i don't go today and just pick one im gonna  lose my mind lol

• Like 1

it is a functional scope...   ask your self, how many times are you going to shoot over 200 yards in NYS?    I have one on a Savage combo I bought in 25.06...    like I said, it is functional and have taken deer out to 185 yards, but honestly at my property, I can not shoot any further than that, so for my purposes it works just fine (every time I have pulled the trigger (4 times in 2 years), I have killed a deer and they have not gone very far)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, hunterdan44 said:

My son has the savage model 111, I believe. It come with the Nikon scope with the bdc reticle. I am not a fan of the reticle, as I have always used traditional crosshairs. But my son loves it. My eyes don't clearly pick up the crosshairs as the circles seem too close together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's kind of what i was thinking the circles  are to close together

I have a Nikon BDC on my Browning BAR. The scope has been good to me, has held zero perfectly, doesn't fog and has a clear site picture and seems to transmit fine in low light. All that being said, I don't ever see myself using the BDC and I wish it wasn't there. If I ever get another scope, i wouldn't have a problem getting a Nikon but it won't have BDC. ( I don't know if the make them without BDC and more) I have never shot at a deer more than 75 yds away so the BDC is useless to me and just takes up site picture.

• Like 1

I have the 3-9x40 BDC 250 on my Triumph muzzle loader.  I took a large doe at 245 yds . I use the Nikon Spot On website to set up the circles to useable yardages. With my range finder I knew the doe was at 245 yds, I shoot out to 250 Yds  for practice. The reticle takes a little to get used to , but if you use Spot On and shoot regularly it can do way more than standard cross hairs. I'm going to put one on a 300 win mag to shoot out to 600 + yds. in west Texas next fall.

I have the Nikon bdc on my semi auto shotgun. Don't really need the circles because I'm not taking very long shots with it.  Also have the Nikon bdc on my 700 30-06. There is good support to help calculate the bullet drop. For the money it is a great scope and most of my friends use it too. No fogging and very good in low light. The combo with the trophy hunter is a solid bargain if you're on a budget (less than $500)

On 10/23/2016 at 7:16 PM, eagle rider said:

Its a busy reticle with the title bibbles in it, not horrible, I have them on two TC muzzle loaders, a 12 ga slug gun, and a couple of bolt guns (those are Monarchs).  Optically they are a  great scope, just the reticle isn't my favorite.  

I agree with Eagle rider on the busyness of the reticle. I have an older BDC slug hunter on my 870 SPS Super Slug and I like it a lot more than the newer one I have on my Savage 220. The difference between the two being the older version only has two "bubbles" and the newer version has 4 bubbles I believe. Both pretty decent glass for the $$ and have held zero even with my trigger happy self behind the trigger.

• Like 1