What happened to the Xbow inclusion thread?

Steuben Jerry

53 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Sorry to hear that dbHunterNY, hope it heals up fast.

As for this thread, I still say there are no facts about it being as bad as so many think it will be. It's opinionated fear. I asked a question in the other thread:

If you hunt private land, why would full inclusion impact your area?

This subject is getting as old and stale as the Clintons lies. Just sayin'. 

Yea exactly it only makes a difference if your on public land . For the most part .

Edited by LJC

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

The way I look at it, we currently have historically low hunter participation numbers...why would we shut down a channel to bring in more hunters. I'm pretty sure we all started it at gun hunters and then decided to try a bow. Crossbow can do the same...eventually people will want to add more of a challenge and switch to a vertical bow. I think at this point we are losing more than gaining. I'll never touch a crossbow if I can draw a bow, but I'm having a hard time telling someone they can't use a crossbow because I feel it's too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea this is true but they don't need all of archery season to get more people into hunting 

17 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Never knew how much of a battle hunting public land was until I read this thread lol

Depends where your  at in the state some places it's only the locals that hunt the public land there  does not get hit as hard .  And others like near NYC are like  a shooting gallerys  lol none stop gun fire from the small game guys archery gun muzzleloader . There is To much population concentrated all in that part of the state  and not enough public land near  NYC  . ItS  totally different when you get up farther north but what ever .  

it is what it is . Anyway lately   its been getting better just less hunters around .

20 cars instead of 120 cars  helps lol on opening  day .

Edited by LJC
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, LJC said:

Yea exactly it only makes a difference if your on public land . For the most part .

I am still not agreeing with you LJC, you say you have private land to hunt, but don't want too. Why, I have no clue. If inclusion bothers you so much, go hunt your own land instead of public land.

My question was to those who are against it who own their own land, and only hunt their own land. What difference would it make if it was full inclusion? You have the say on who hunts your property. 

5 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I am still not agreeing with you LJC, you say you have private land to hunt, but don't want too. Why, I have no clue. If inclusion bothers you so much, go hunt your own land instead of public land.

My question was to those who are against it who own their own land, and only hunt their own land. What difference would it make if it was full inclusion? You have the say on who hunts your property. 

Which would you rather drive 15 miles or 100 miles?

That's why 

9 minutes ago, LJC said:

That's why 

I would put the effort in to hunt where I thought I would have the best odds of achieving my goal - whatever that is.  You, on the other hand won't put that effort in and want to hunt your backyard public grounds, yet keep those nasty cheater xbow hunters out   Whatever.  

I don't agree with most you post LJC, but you do wear most out with your obstinance, me included.  Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I would put the effort in to hunt where I thought I would have the best odds of achieving my goal - whatever that is.  You, on the other hand won't put that effort in and want to hunt your backyard public grounds, yet keep those nasty cheater xbow hunters out   Whatever.  

I don't agree with most you post LJC, but you do wear most out with your obstinance, me included.  Lol

Most guys here are not driving  100 miles to hunt   at least not on a regular basis Im pretty sure of it just saying .

Especially when you can just hunt 15 miles down the road 

I like spot and stalk  more then any other type of hunting . Large public land is what you want to do that on just what I like just more exciting to me . Just like you like recurve.  Everyone has there own style reason to hunt the way they hunt not everything is about horns . And  just trying  to figure out the easiest way to kill something .

34 minutes ago, LJC said:

That's why 

If I owned land, I would have a camp ( even a wall tent would do ) and get as much time as possible on that land. Even if it was 100 miles away. The private land I hunt used to be 30 minutes away, now it's an hour. You think I will not be hunting that this season now that the logging is done? I will hunt that area every chance I get, and will use that land to 'cut the teeth' teaching the g/f.

I have state land close to me, about 6 places less then 30 minutes. I bet not one of the hunters in those areas give a rats backside if the crossbow has full inclusion.

This just keeps going. I asked for facts about it "ruining" the bow season, nobody seems to have any. So....

Here's a thought, go hunting instead of debating. It's much more fun over all. At least to me. We will never control what regs the DEC passes, so why keep arguing?

In fact! Just to toss a wrench in the works, I think I will take my M&P .22LR out tomorrow and hunt bushytails. Why? Because I have a license to hunt small game and I think I will use that privilege.

Edited by ....rob

On 10/28/2016 at 5:37 PM, LJC said:

All that poll showed is there are more gun hunters then bow hunters .

People that actually can shoot a bow don't want a crossbow or want them hunting there season you don't need a poll to figure it out .

I guess the same could be said my long bow hunters about the compound bow hunters. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

And growing every year starting from 0 a 58% growth rate is alot  but  I just looked that up I can't find any such stat more bullshit as usual  please post a source link  or cut the bs please . If that were true then why are so many pushing for it just get a bow then . kolobok_mda.gif

Ohio posts that information each and every single year in their annual report.

It's not that hard to find. Ohio is ground zero for Xbow. It's pretty much THE state to compare to. It's been available as a tool for decades - 30 or more years. Xbow companies are based there - including excal and ten point.

And they still aren't at 95% harvest rate of archery. Your banging of the head against the wall is impressive.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dave said:

I guess the same could be said my long bow hunters about the compound bow hunters. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

I'm sure some would but at least there still bows 

Xbow is not a bow it's a gun that shoots a bolt  same with a airbow there not bows at all . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phade said:

Ohio posts that information each and every single year in their annual report.

It's not that hard to find. Ohio is ground zero for Xbow. It's pretty much THE state to compare to. It's been available as a tool for decades - 30 or more years. Xbow companies are based there - including excal and ten point.

And they still aren't at 95% harvest rate of archery. Your banging of the head against the wall is impressive.

Really so post the link because I looked found nothing . 

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I'm not a fan of full inclusion but saying a Xbow isn't a bow is pure ignorance.

You can fire a bolt from a firearm a spear gun and even a slingshot  those are not bows bows don't have gun stocks and rifle scopes attached to them it is  not a bow . 

These are not miracle weapons you still have to have a deer in front of you and make a good shot.. They may be easier than a compound because you don't have to draw back but using a crossbow isn't shooting fish in a barrel for most hunters,, the experienced bow hunters with years of bowhunting will be far more proficient with the crossbow,, you still have to be a good woodsmen to kill a deer with a crossbow,, shot placement, knowing where you hit the animal before you proceed tracking . This great state of our is very diverse as far a deer population,, I hunt property as close as 2 miles  to 30 miles from my house and they vary tremendously as far as deer density and population, I also know people who go entire seasons without shooting a deer and know people that can shoot one doe and be completely satisfied for a season,, my point is work, family and life gets in the way for a lot of hunters cutting down there time or opportunity to be in the woods, I'm just not convinced full inclusion will decimate the deer population like people are thinking at least it won't where I'm hunting or my fellow hunters I hunt with in my area...

17 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Have you seen those slingshot bows... I want 1

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is this bald German guy on youtube that makes them .

https://www.google.com/search?q=slingshot+crossbow&safe=off&prmd=snvi&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQz8XQ8ojQAhVjjFQKHSuwCnwQ_AUICigE&biw=360&bih=512#imgrc=6PCOrT3xqkjw5M%3A