Proof of new president's racist agenda

Indignation is seen over Bannon appointment.

Civil rights groups, Democrats and some Republicans on Monday denounced President-elect Trump’s decision to appoint Stephen K. Bannon to a top White House position, warning that he represents nationalist and racist views that should be rejected by the incoming president.

Congressional Republicans remained largely silent about the decision, choosing to instead praise Mr. Trump’s announcement that Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, will become the new White House chief of staff.

But on Twitter and in statements emailed to reporters, a chorus of critics lamented what they said was a frightening normalization of the fringe views that Mr. Bannon promoted as the chairman of Breitbart News.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations said Mr. Bannon’s selection “sends the disturbing message that anti-Muslim conspiracy theories and white nationalist ideology will be welcome in the White House.”

That view was echoed by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a group that tracks hate groups, which insisted that “Trump should rescind this hire. In his victory speech, Trump said he intended to be president for ‘all Americans.’ Bannon should go.”

Republicans who had long opposed Mr. Trump’s candidacy took to Twitter on Sunday night and Monday morning to warn that his choice to rely on the advice of Mr. Bannon is an indication of the way that he will govern.

“The racist, fascist extreme right is represented footsteps from the Oval Office,” said John Weaver, a Republican strategist who ran the presidential campaign of Gov. John Kasich of Ohio and previously advised Senator John McCain of Arizona. “Be very vigilant, America.”

From today's NY Times

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I find it so humorous that the clowns that are so anti gun wanna play hardball with the people that actually own  the guns. Suggestion......Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, snowflakes. 

You do know that the way the laws of NY are written I'd be willing to bet that anyone here shooting a protester would be the one facing the full onslaught of the law 

I find it quite disheartening that any American would care what CAIR and the SPLC would have to say about US governmental issues. They're both subversive groups that could easily be classified as terrorist fronts. That's why they don't like Trump.

As far as my own neighborhood, there isn't a mouthy progressive liberal within two miles of me. I like it that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

shooting a protester would be the one facing the full onslaught of the law 

1 hour ago, Uptown Redneck said:

hopefully liberal riots will find your neighborhood soon 

I believe there is a big difference between shooting someone involved in peaceful protests and those involved in liberal riots!

You do know that the way the laws of NY are written I'd be willing to bet that anyone here shooting a protester would be the one facing the full onslaught of the law 

Not if you can't retreat. Perfectly justifiable if surrounded while in your car. Check out the videos of the cars and windshields getting smashed in with bats and tire irons.

23 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Not if you can't retreat. Perfectly justifiable if surrounded while in your car. Check out the videos of the cars and windshields getting smashed in with bats and tire irons.

Thats ok i have some nice none leathel  rock salts shotgun  loads left from my gandpa still around  im sure that will do lol