A kick in the nuts...

NonTypical

So I made the trip upstate for opening weekend. I passed on some small bucks and a few does. Then I got home last night and decided to check my camera in the backyard. Rarely will I get daytime pics, and if I doe it's always does. Then I get a pic of this buck, who I've never seen before, at 7:24 Saturday morning. I'd say he's definitely out of his core area. Maybe we are now in the post-rut phase. I think he's only 3.5. Hopefully he makes it another year. 

image.jpeg

• Like 13

I know the feeling, I skipped Sunday morning hunt the last Sunday of bow season for a law enforcement appreciation mass& brunch. When I hunted Monday afternoon and pulled the trail cam card I've got video of a 10 pt buck that walked in and bedded down 18 yds from my tree stand. He was there for 2.5 hrs ... from 10:50 - 1:30. Well he was a 10 pt as late as 11/6 on trail cam but by 11/13 when he bedded by my tree stand he was in a fight and one whole side of his rack was broken off ... so technically a 5 by then. I've got the video posted in trail cam threads.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 6:22 PM, NonTypical said:

So I made the trip upstate for opening weekend. I passed on some small bucks and a few does. Then I got home last night and decided to check my camera in the backyard. Rarely will I get daytime pics, and if I doe it's always does. Then I get a pic of this buck, who I've never seen before, at 7:24 Saturday morning. I'd say he's definitely out of his core area. Maybe we are now in the post-rut phase. I think he's only 3.5. Hopefully he makes it another year. 

image.jpeg

Frame that picture...really nice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Merlot said:

Frame that picture...really nice.

Thanks. When I first saw the pic, I almost thought it was fake. Between the antlers glistening in the sunlight and him posing just right, I thought for a second that somehow my gf was somehow playing a trick on me. 

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:22 PM, NonTypical said:

image.jpeg

Nice !!