Taurus 709 Input

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this pistol? It has sparked my interest but have trouble trusting it, I guess because it's foreign. I do trust my Glock but I believe they are in a separate class and mine is a full size not compact. Any info appreciated.

Taurus  , is generally not well received on gun forums . That alone will keep,me away . 

Now that said I do have a Mod. 85 snubby that has been rock solid the idk 25 plus years I've owned it. Their wheel guns generally are seen as less problematic then their semis, now I bought it at a time when the price difference between them and SW was enough to sway me , today I wouldn't even give it a look .

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about this pistol? It has sparked my interest but have trouble trusting it, I guess because it's foreign. I do trust my Glock but I believe they are in a separate class and mine is a full size not compact. Any info appreciated.

I just bought the 709 slim I'm December carry it daily and love it. Easy to conceal and nice and light. Shooting is just like all the other 9s I have shot. I have had 0 issues and don't expect to have any.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

To be fair all gun manufactures will from time to,time have a bad one slip through , if not out right bad designs , or even recalls . Some however have way more the others , Taurus's issues with QC stared many many years ago and have to a degree been corrected . Some say that they have been out of touch with today's buyers , given their low sales during a time guns were flying off shelves ( Obama years ).

Ranges that rent guns , which is a great test of guns , given the amount they are shot by differant folks and sometime only basic cleaning , will tell you the little .380 Taurus makes holds up better then the other brands . They also tell you that's an exception  among the brand .

Here in lies  the rub, I no longer buy a little cheaper hoping I get the good one.

When I wanted a new pocket pistol,Kel Tec was all the rage , however back then they used their end customer as their QC dept. , about 1 in 5 had to be sent back after a trip to the range , based on forum talk ....... . Oh they came back 100% , but I wasn't willing to roll the dice to save a few bucks. Bought a Berretta Tom Cat .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lifetime transferable no questions asked warranty on them too

Didn't know this. I may just suck it up and take locally to get repaired and not deal with the PITA to send it back. There's something about shipping out a handgun via UPS that's unnerving to me 

I've looked at the Taurus pistols and have read many reviews and like Larry said most forums are not positive feedback on them. For a few extra bucks saved up, you can look at several other lines of pistols. I've been eyeing some Bersa's and some Springfield's recenTly and both have had great reviews. Obviously you should hold a few to see if they fit your hand and are comfortable as well. Hopefully by April ill have my EDC pistol but I'm still researching as well. Good luck in your search and let us know whAt you decide on. 

Taurus anything is $h!t !!!…Lifetime Warranty,but big deal…. They will fix it free , time after time, after time, after time,.after time….blah blah….you will probably pay the shipping.. Taurus is a disgrace . I have seen several Taurus models fail. Quality control at Taurus is non existent .. Save up a few extra bucks and and go with a good name. S&W…..& Ruger make comparable style and far better guns than the Taurus, might fire but might not, JUNK !!!!!!  Did I mention that TAURURS  is junk?? and I've never owned one, just going in what I have seen. 

I have never owned a Taurus handgun so I can not say one way or the other if they are worth owning. I do own two Taurus 22 rimfire rifles, a model 62 and a model 63, both are stainless steel copies of the old Winchester designs with the same model designation. I have nothing but good to say about both of these guns. I have put several thousand rounds through them and they pretty much function flawlessly and are accurate for the class they are in, have had zero repair issues. I have done a few things to suit my taste, both stocks were spruced up with a Tru Oil finish and the 62 had it's sights changed out. They are actually two of my favorite firearms and I use them a lot especially that gallery style pump model 62.

Al

002.JPG

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ants said:

Taurus anything is $h!t !!!…Lifetime Warranty,but big deal…. They will fix it free , time after time, after time, after time,.after time….blah blah….you will probably pay the shipping.. Taurus is a disgrace . I have seen several Taurus models fail. Quality control at Taurus is non existent .. Save up a few extra bucks and and go with a good name. S&W…..& Ruger make comparable style and far better guns than the Taurus, might fire but might not, JUNK !!!!!!  Did I mention that TAURURS  is junk?? and I've never owned one, just going in what I have seen. 

Junk? I've got a Taurus revolver that has functioned flawlessly and is a tight shooting gun. Great trigger and never a malfunction. probably 5000 rounds through it. 

43 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Junk? I've got a Taurus revolver that has functioned flawlessly and is a tight shooting gun. Great trigger and never a malfunction. probably 5000 rounds through it. 

Is it an older one?? Im guessing yes….

My 709 slim has at least 200 thru it in a month no issues. Guys only see or hear about the ones that don't work. Why would I tell you about my perfect working 9mm but damn right I'm going to tell about the one that don't work...for ever 1 that don't work there's 100 more that do

• Like 1