So how about these gas prices?

Geno C

almost $4 a gallon are they serious?! 216 gallons of oil also, 715 bux, WTF is wrong with country? How does that benefit in anyway? raise prices on everything... Its getting out of hand, no caps the skys the limit. I wonder if they thought about lowering this shit so some money can be spent leisurely and mixed back in to the economy.

man if fuel prices went down maybe some can get those new guns or bows most of us have an eye on lol

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a flex fuel Taho. This is the first year where it make sense to use the flex fuel. I'm getting it at .80 cents cheaper than regular. Still it's,over 3 bucks a gallon!

wow really! I will have to look into it for the wife and her Suburban. Does it worsen the milage by alot?

I have a flex fuel Taho. This is the first year where it make sense to use the flex fuel. I'm getting it at .80 cents cheaper than regular. Still it's,over 3 bucks a gallon!

yep, and buying more fuel to get the same mileage. The flex fuel hype is right up there with Obama Care thinking..................................

FDXX75

I had to turn down a job this week because of the jump in the fuel prices.........................It is 3.80 p/g, if I took the job (60 miles from home, 1 way) after my taxes and fuel costs I would make @ $45 a day for an 8 hr days work. ($35 + a day in fuel alone) Not to mention 3 hrs of my time to get there and back.

It is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDXX75

i am currently changing my Supra over to E85 rather then spending $400 on like 20 gal. of C16. I just bought 1600cc injectors to use, rule of thumb is 35 - 40% more fuel needed for E85. Cant wait. Id rather pay 2.70 a gal for E85 then use C16 at almost 13 a gal lol. no brainier...

wow really! I will have to look into it for the wife and her Suburban. Does it worsen the milage by alot?

I worked it out. If the flex fuel is .25 cents cheaper it's  a wash between less milage and price. Anything over .25 cents it's worth it. I do see less miles per gallon in the Tahoe. At .80 cents cheaper it's a no-brainer.

I'm worried about what a gal. will be by the end of September.

This will drive up prices on other camping basics. So then basicly when you need to run for propane, ice, etc., add up the extra overhead, sweet. Something tells me I'll be using the firepit to cook more.

Anyone price a propane or DC powered freezer lately?  ???

a hike in gas prices also means a hike up in food ect... they get you anyway they can but atleast this boosts the economy. ::)

this is why there are so many foreclosures going on, everything outside ones normal monthly bills are astronomical.  Live out on the Island youll know where im coming from lol

I worked it out. If the flex fuel is .25 cents cheaper it's  a wash between less milage and price. Anything over .25 cents it's worth it. I do see less miles per gallon in the Tahoe. At .80 cents cheaper it's a no-brainer.

I am gonna have to disagree with the math here..............................It is a known fact that it takes @ 40% more flex fuel to generate the same results as regular fuel. So let say a gal. of reg. fuel is $3.80 per gal, Flex fuel is $3.00 per gal...........................flex fuel 1.4 gals = 1 gal. reg fuel......................1.4 x $3.00 = $4.20 to accomplish the same result. You would need to be able to buy flex fuel for $2.28 per gal. just to break even with reg. fuel prices.

I have yet to find a single car, truck, or any vehicle for that matter that has shown a positive gain by running flex fuel. It just isn't in the cards....................

FDXX75

I viewed a video last week about an engineer who by accident figured out he could get sea water to burn and generate enough heat to power a steam engine............by subjecting the water to radio waves. Yep, he did it, made water burn. Problem is................it took more electricity to produce the radio waves than the heat generated by the burning water.

Great tech., poor cost efficiency.........................That is the problem with most of todays high tech. solutions, the cost to make it happen far out weighs the result and the fact that all the big oil companies and affiliates don't want to see that progress happen.

FDXX75

i have a drag/street car. the gains from E85 will benefit me on each fill up but thats comparing me buying race gas at 13 a gal.

besides gas prices now are around 3.75 for reg around by me and E85 is 2.70 thats a 1.05 difference even if its a minor difference in a regular stock car from the factory it might benefit a driver who commutes to and from work MOSTLY rather the guys traveling long distances to and from work and where ever else he or she drives. fill up will be cheaper but yes gas mileage will be reduced.

for my E85 use in my car will save me coin in my pocket by far. To fill up on E85 will cost me on average 35-40 bux to fill up on C-16 will cost me around $700 and wont last me much boost time.

i have a drag/street car. the gains from E85 will benefit me on each fill up but thats comparing me buying race gas at 13 a gal.

besides gas prices now are around 3.75 for reg around by me and E85 is 2.70 thats a 1.05 difference even if its a minor difference in a regular stock car from the factory it might benefit a driver who commutes to and from work MOSTLY rather the guys traveling long distances to and from work and where ever else he or she drives. fill up will be cheaper but yes gas mileage will be reduced.

for my E85 use in my car will save me coin in my pocket by far. To fill up on E85 will cost me on average 35-40 bux to fill up on C-16 will cost me around $700 and wont last me much boost time.

Geno, your stats are not relative to the average driver..........................I will bet not one single member on this site including me has ever paid $13.00 for a gallon of gas and I ran race fuel for yr. in my bikes during the race yrs.

The average guy, with todays posted prices will not benifit by buying flex fuel...........................................all it is doing is raising the price of corn on the other end.

There is no winning this fuel cost battle, the general public is slowly being crippled economically every day........................................The downward spiral has already started and the crash is near.

FDXX75

I am gonna have to disagree with the math here..............................It is a known fact that it takes @ 40% more flex fuel to generate the same results as regular fuel. So let say a gal. of reg. fuel is $3.80 per gal, Flex fuel is $3.00 per gal...........................flex fuel 1.4 gals = 1 gal. reg fuel......................1.4 x $3.00 = $4.20 to accomplish the same result. You would need to be able to buy flex fuel for $2.28 per gal. just to break even with reg. fuel prices.

I have yet to find a single car, truck, or any vehicle for that matter that has shown a positive gain by running flex fuel. It just isn't in the cards....................

FDXX75

I get about 3 miles less per gallon with the flex fuel. Do all the math you want but for it's a win for me. If I fuel up my truck and leave for camp it's 325 miles. If I do the speed limit I end up with a little under a quarter tank. Flex fuel I end up under an 8th. It's nice that the fueling system knows that your putting in E85 and adjusts

your distance you can drive.

full draw, read what i wrote. i never said my setup was relative to anyone's on here... and i take that back, its 18 a gallon for C-16 right now. $90 for 5 gallons. when was the last time you ran race gas and what octane? i remember when soda cost a nickle too but those times are long gone. well i dont remember when it cost a nickle lol  :)

FDXX75

I get about 3 miles less per gallon with the flex fuel. Do all the math you want but for it's a win for me. If I fuel up my truck and leave for camp it's 325 miles. If I do the speed limit I end up with a little under a quarter tank. Flex fuel I end up under an 8th. It's nice that the fueling system knows that your putting in E85 and adjusts

your distance you can drive.

So it takes you 9 tanks of flex fuel to do the same as 8 tanks of reg. gas?????  Hmmmmmm, yep sounds like a winner to me.

LOL

FDXX75

But your fuel mileage goes down the tubes, and you cant tow anything using the E85. It doesnt actually work out.

And your car doesnt know you put E85 in the tank, it calculates your range by looking at how much fuel you are consuming per mile and how much fuel you have in the tank.

But your fuel mileage goes down the tubes, and you cant tow anything using the E85. It doesnt actually work out.

And your car doesnt know you put E85 in the tank, it calculates your range by looking at how much fuel you are consuming per mile and how much fuel you have in the tank.

deadhorse.jpg

LMAO

FDXX75