winchester bows

doebuck1234

Anyone have any experience with any winchester bows.i believe its a thunderbolt.my grandfather bought a bow last year.i believe it may be a youth model as it was easier to draw for him being in his 70's.its a 50# draw weight .was talking to my grandmother this morning about the brand new bow he got before he passed and only took it out once or twice.told her id love to use it.she said"well u better not just let it sit in the case!!"so that will be my bow.would love to wack one for him with it.never shot it so not sure.just curious to if anyone has had/shot one ot any info on them

• Like 1

before you get to excited will the bow fit you? what's your drawl length  and will the bow adjust to your draw length? I hope it does because it would be great for you to shoot a deer with it...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rob-c said:

before you get to excited will the bow fit you? what's your drawl length  and will the bow adjust to your draw length? I hope it does because it would be great for you to shoot a deer with it...

Good point . It the draw length is off , the OP should be able to have it adjusted at a Bow Shop .

21 minutes ago, grampy said:

Will be so cool if it fits perfectly, and you are able to finish what your grandfather started. Talk about making some memories! 

He also bought a crossbow never got to use.not sure of make on that.like said.will have get some info.i took off wednesday to try diagnose problem with vehicle(02 sensor) before inspection but really starting to think it will be an early rise to go sit in the woods before i do that!!!haha

Edited by doebuck1234

i haven't had my hands on one and don't know anyone that has them.  pretty small work force that was putting them together with parts locally sourced.  seems like it could be well made anyway.  my first actual deer hunting bow was a compound from walmart that didn't even have a machined riser and i took deer and predators with it for a short while.  that winchester will definitely serve the purpose.  parts will be hard if not impossible to get but take care of it and it should last a while.  no high end bow will give you the satisfaction of filling tags with your gramp's bow, even if it was barely used.  i agree don't let it sit in a case or on a bow hanger.  wear that thing out and make memories.