I Know Someone Who Will Be Playing On Doubleday Field!

grampy

Cool experience. I played a game there in 1995.

then in 1996 played like 8-10 games at Cooperstown Dreams Park in a week. That was the first year, now its massive from what I've read online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Weather looks great! First game tomorrow morning at 10! Second game starts at 1:30. He will most likely catch, all of both games. He has loved being behind the plate, since LL minors. He's gone to camps and has had help from D1 college players. His bat is on fire now too with the best average in the league. Going on 6' 2" at 205 lbs. at 13 years old. Size 15 shoe. He'll play about 75 to 80 games this year between Travel, Rec.and fall ball, maybe more if he's called up to the other travel team as a fill in. His goal is to play school ball next year as an eighth grader. He is also a hard worker, with a 90+ school average, and very down to earth, and helps and encourages his friends and team mates. Since my shoulder surgery he has cut grass and done my share of farm chores without asking. He's a special kid. And I am so proud of him.

He will also be twice the hunter I am. He can move like a ghost in the woods and sit quietly, a lot longer than I ever could have at his age. 

• Like 4

Weather looks great! First game tomorrow morning at 10! Second game starts at 1:30. He will most likely catch, all of both games. He has loved being behind the plate, since LL minors. He's gone to camps and has had help from D1 college players. His bat is on fire now too with the best average in the league. Going on 6' 2" at 205 lbs. at 13 years old. Size 15 shoe. He'll play about 75 to 80 games this year between Travel, Rec.and fall ball, maybe more if he's called up to the other travel team as a fill in. His goal is to play school ball next year as an eighth grader. He is also a hard worker, with a 90+ school average, and very down to earth, and helps and encourages his friends and team mates. Since my shoulder surgery he has cut grass and done my share of farm chores without asking. He's a special kid. And I am so proud of him.
He will also be twice the hunter I am. He can move like a ghost in the woods and sit quietly, a lot longer than I ever could have at his age. 

Give him a small ziplock baggies and have him throw say dirt/clay in there before or after the game. Cool keepsake.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Give him a small ziplock baggies and have him throw say dirt/clay in there before or after the game. Cool keepsake.

Great idea! Thanks Biz!

• Like 1

20170603_112138.jpgWhat a great day! Even though they lost both games, the team played hard and had a really good time. Zac caught both games. He went 6 for 8. Hit the ball hard at each at bat. 2 doubles 4 singles with 5 RBI's over the two games. Threw out a couple of runners, in each game and was part of a sweet double play at the plate. He was still smiling at the end.20170603_100352.jpg20170603_104938.jpg20170603_104948.jpg20170603_101157.jpg20170603_101017.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

Congrats what a great memory. My son and I still reminisc when he played there. Your son had a great 2 games. Something to talk about for years to come.

Thanks, he got a handful of dirt from the field. Some great memories made today, for all the kids playing. Got a good baseball story to tell his future kids and grandkids! We will talk about this forever! But on to another two games tomorrow, at home. Trying to make up some of the rain outs over the last month. As long as he keeps playing, I'll keep cheering him on!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thanks, he got a handful of dirt from the field. Some great memories made today, for all the kids playing. Got a good baseball story to tell his future kids and grandkids! We will talk about this forever! But on to another two games tomorrow, at home. Trying to make up some of the rain outs over the last month. As long as he keeps playing, I'll keep cheering him on!

I cheered my son until he turned 19 he's 29 and married now. Hurt his arm and that was it unfortunate at the time. Now he's got his own little ball player and I think that's swell. Best of luck with your son's future enjoy every minute. Wish him a great career from an old coach and manager. 

• Like 1

The boys of summer are back at it, at home. First pitch at 9:30. Have another game scheduled for 3 today, although it looks like rain moving in by then. Gonna be some tired arms and legs by the end of the first game this morning, after the doubleheader yesterday! "Lets go Red"!

• Like 1