Following in huge fantastic footsteps....the best folks!

EspressoBuzz

Hope you are doing better than my wife and sister in law . They made a trip to Lisbon , Fatima , Lordes , Barcelona , etc .. They came back sick . Picked them up at the airport lack night . Nothing but coughing and hacking all the way home . Took my wife to Urgent Care when I got back from church . She has pneumonia . Her sister went to Strong emergency and also has pneumonia . Apparently touring some of these musty and damp places and running the air conditioning did the trick . Both of them also have  laryngitis .   

Sorry to hear about your wife and I hope she recovers quickly. So far only the high speed train was air conditioned which alone can be a deal breaker, also I am not traveling in a group unless me and my wife constitute a group. My wife wipes everything down with alcohol wipes which we found essential for any travel these days.

Some info about Lake Como:

It has an area of 146 square kilometres (56 sq mi), making it the third-largest lake in Italy, after Lake Garda and Lake Maggiore. At over 400 metres (1,300 feet) deep, it is one of the deepest lakes in Europe, and the bottom of the lake is more than 200 metres (660 ft) below sea level."

i dunno about you but 660ft below sea level boggles my mind or maybe it's all the wine, I'll get back to you on that....

Edited by EspressoBuzz
  • Like 1

Yesterday I checked in to an apartment in the historic part of the hill town Orvieto. I used air BnB to find the place, not wanting a hotel or inn I opted to try air BnB and this is my first booking with them. Wow did I luck out! The apartment is fantastic it has a garden and is honestly beautifully decorated. I am also the apartment owners first client and we are both amazed at our good luck. I will try and post video of the apartment for now a view of the garden.

IMG_20170607_105837490.jpg

IMG_20170607_105832599.jpg

• Like 2