Bear Down

moog5050

This guy just flat out gets it done on bears and big whitetails.  This summer he said he wanted to kill a bear from the ground with a recurve.  4 hunts later ..... heart shot from the ground with a recurve.  Impressive hunter and really nice genuine guy.  Sent me a bow when my bow delaminated.

• Like 3

nice man i got the samick sage w/ 60 lbs limbs with the intent to hunt with it and bought 50 lbs just to practice the 60 lbs limbs were too much after a while. whats the poundage hes shooting. beautiful bow nothing more rewarding that shooting traditional beautiful bear too congrats 

2 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

nice man i got the samick sage w/ 60 lbs limbs with the intent to hunt with it and bought 50 lbs just to practice the 60 lbs limbs were too much after a while. whats the poundage hes shooting. beautiful bow nothing more rewarding that shooting traditional beautiful bear too congrats 

51lb Covert hunter.  50lbs from any bow is plenty with a good shot, tuned bow and sharp BHs.  Heavy arrows don't hurt either.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I know a guy that just moved to WI and set up a bear bait he had some good pictures of bear.  He always posts some dandy bucks from that state!  

No doubt one of the better states for whitetail and bear.  And Cheese.

Edited by moog5050

Congratulations to your buddy! That's a nice bear! Taken with a beautiful recurve! We have a good population of bear in this area. And every year I ask myself, should I shoot one? So far the answer has been no! Upping it to a maybe for this year, for the right bear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grampy said:

Congratulations to your buddy! That's a nice bear! Taken with a beautiful recurve! We have a good population of bear in this area. And every year I ask myself, should I shoot one? So far the answer has been no! Upping it to a maybe for this year, for the right bear.

Do you see bear every year?  I have had thenm on trail camera but have yet to see on in the woods!