Knockoff Rage and Swackers

eagle rider

14 hours ago, TurtleFace said:

I understand the need to recover from the spending that was done on RnD but the real problem with that is that it seems that there's never is a desire to bring the price down after the investments have been returned.

let me introduce you to corporate america. Once your initial investment is returned, we enter into what we call "profit making". Every companies goal is to maximize said profit. Have you seen head and shoulders decrease in price? No, they keep raking it in as they have every right to. Remember not all products are a hit either, some never recover their R&D, so you make it while you can.

The beauty in fair capitalism is that it drives competition and better products for us. Buy all the Chinese stuff and we wont continue to see advancements in broadheads. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Some of you fellas are just all mixed up I kill deer in bow every year can't remember when I bought heads last, but I use cut on contact and just resharpen them . In 30 years I've bought two,bows the most expensive one was less then $500 . Many of you guys spend thousands on bows for some odd reason . But bitch at $15 heads ......

Add up the hours spent scouting , working on the land , hanging stands, sitting in them, I could make thousands of dollars working a side job in all that time , and dine on steak and lobster . Buy the real thing don't support crooks .

amen. My time alone is so valuable that after all is invested, I'm not leaving the final outcome up to something from the dollar store. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisw said:

Because a bow is a one time investment, buying $100 worth of broadheads every year isn't. I spend a thousand bucks on rifles and pistols too, and I wouldn't spend $15 on a bullet either, neither would you. I don't hunt because i "need" to, it's not about money, it's the principal that these companies are price gouging. How are these companies any different than the "crooks"?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

so buy from a competitor, not the knockoff. wasp, nap, g5 etc. see all the new competition to the shaving world? You know what happened? Gillette lowered their price on blades for the first time in decades. support the legitimate competition. 

Edited by Belo

14 hours ago, tommyc50 said:

yeah im a little leery of anything made in china go into the .99 cents store and get some razors and shave with them and tell me how good they are and use their shaving cream. and the screw drivers that twist at the blade ,allen keys that dont fit and pliers that fall apart i could go on and on and its not 99 cents any more. look at a sks and see how well made they are never mind shoot one.the chinese are not know for their quality control look @ the kids toys a few years back with the lead issue and other chemicals in the paints they use. and just my humble opinion. now about the rage[which i use] they had their quality issues too they open at the worst time and were hard to keep closed.you shoot it and the 'o' ring would break and had to replace it, i spent $22 on the replacement blade WOW what a waste of money it was impossible to get the pins out and when you did and put the pins back in they never opened right [it fixed the problem of them opening though]and to pay$40-$54 for three is insane.oh and look @ the yeti coolers $400 and you cant fit anything in them except ice

Yeti coolers are hilarious. Some people spend money on the stupidest stuff, really they do. 

Generally chinese quality is poor because it's what US distributors and manufacturers ask for (and pay for). I have gone through a bin of pliers before at harbor freight looking for a pair that actually were not offset. Pathetic quality, just pathetic. But I can also buy a $20 drone that has a radio receiver, battery, four motors, and a microprocessor and gyroscope and it works amazingly. Chinese manufacturing, like any other, creates exactly what is demanded of it. And sometimes we demand garbage, so it's what we get. China produces from the most garbage quality junk metal tools that snap when you pick them up to finely crafted smart phones.

I also know they can create a very good broadhead for well south of a dollar and that the margin on these broadheads is stratospheric. Apparently lots of brands agree, because I was in field and stream yesterday and found some that are $50 for a pack, and at least a dozen different brands. If I can buy a cheap cordless drill for $15, don't tell me it costs the same amount for a tiny knife.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

The beauty in fair capitalism is that it drives competition and better products for us. Buy all the Chinese stuff and we wont continue to see advancements in broadheads. 

I wonder though at this point what advancements are left. Is the broadhead world more like the fashion world that just arbitrarily changes over time? I consider these the two essential qualities of a broadhead:

1) Consistent, repeatable flight
2) Maximum damage to target

I wonder if you were to buy all the brands at field and stream and put them in a hooter shooter if you could even detect much difference at all out to 30 yards on the first criteria. And if you were to try and measure the second by lining up a thousand deer and hitting 100 of them each with one of 10 different broadheads if you could even find a statistically significant difference in fatality between any of them as well.

How much of the different broad heads is worth a damn and how much is like saying nike sneakers make you a faster runner than new balance?

3 minutes ago, Core said:

I wonder though at this point what advancements are left. Is the broadhead world more like the fashion world that just arbitrarily changes over time? I consider these the two essential qualities of a broadhead:

1) Consistent, repeatable flight
2) Maximum damage to target

I wonder if you were to buy all the brands at field and stream and put them in a hooter shooter if you could even detect much difference at all out to 30 yards on the first criteria. And if you were to try and measure the second by lining up a thousand deer and hitting 100 of them each with one of 10 different broadheads if you could even find a statistically significant difference in fatality between any of them as well.

How much of the different broad heads is worth a damn and how much is like saying nike sneakers make you a faster runner than new balance?

you may not be wrong, but we keep advancing in areas where we never thought it could be better. so why just "give up"? I mean, we all know a recurve can still kill a deer, but we advanced just the same. 

I just don't like supporting what is basically patent infringement. I agree with what you said about Chinese manufacturing and what we ask for is what we get. This is different. this is just copy paste and it's illegal. 

• Like 1

I'll have to check them out that's a price I would pay and don't really care about blades as it's one and done for my bh.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They also went on sale at dicks last year...19.99
Then there was a 5 dollar instant rebate and my 5 dollars dicks reward I had
Got em for 9.99

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If you're buying a known knock off product you are a thief. An American company paid for the patten, paid engineers to design and paid $$ to market. You're stealing from a company. You guys can call it what you want but it is illegal to knowingly be in possession of a counterfeit product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty sure it's not, I believe what's illegal is to sell a product under another company's legally recognized logo....it's called trademark counterfeiting.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, eagle rider said:

Supposedly the factory in China that makes the Rage heads and the Swacker Heads in China has some kind of licensing dispute with Field Logic. They are now selling the heads as unbranded allover ebay for about $1 / head. People tell me that they are exactly the same quality, toughness, sharpness. Same line and process. Just different packaging. Someone gave me a hypodermic style head. It mics' and flies exactly the same as the branded one. Blades deploys and operate identically. Im gonna order a full 12 for the $12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what would I search on ebay? I want to look this up and give them a shot