Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

That’s a wall hanger- I mean the picture itself! What a shot! That is why I hunt in the snow - what a view- good luck hanging him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, they look awesome with a snowy landscape background. I took this pic with my phone of these 3 doe yesterday at about 10 yards from my stand.

20171217_094228.jpg

Edited by JALA RUT
Misspelling
  • Like 4

Just shot a doe and she went straight down kicked a few times and got up. She walked 15 yds and bedded. She got up again and moved then bedded again. Low shot? She was broadside at 45 yds. There are 2 doe with her and one is feeding. Can't see the other one or the one I shot.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately that sounds like guts or high in the brisket.

Not to derail the thread but what do folks do when the deer start bedding down in the really thick stuff?
i like to still hunt but I'm talking about spots where there's no way to stealthily sneak in.

You really don’t want to bump them from there unless desperate. Those beds are great for holding deer on your place but not if they keep getting kicked. They will move, just not as regularly as during bow.

Thanks everyone. First shot was Liver mostly and some guts. Went in mid body but exited just in front of right rear leg. Thought she was broadside but must've been quartering too a bit. Now to drag her up this freakin hill of blowdowns.

Well I should have read ahead before posting lol. Congrats!

• Like 1

Was out with my BIL today on state land. We were setting up to still hunt a ridge we hit some fresh tracks going to. Had a nice doe give me a shot.

84e77580a853b033531f9e353c6134b8.jpg

Shot it right where my dad used to have a watch. Figured I’d push my luck and sit last watch on another old watch of his.
First time I’ve sat all day.

• Like 22

We're gonna call this post, Redemption Road. I missed here last night at about 140 yards. I think I had a case of blue balls of my trigger finger. Went to the range this morning... It's not really the guns fault. Man up shoot straight. 40 mph winds tomorrow. Whoo ought to be a good time on stand.181141a8523aef226e66b405663edace.jpg

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Over for me. Took a Hail Mary on someone else’s wounded deer as did my brother earlier before I saw it. I think it was a buck that dropped already from the injury based on track and body size. 

Three legged “limpy” made it another day but I’m certain it won’t last too long. 

I could go for another week sighhhhh

• Like 1

I measured the chest girth on my doe and according to the charts, she had quite a rack! Big gal and the field pics make her look tiny.

And no it isn't my garage, it's my father in laws. 94f845f49ba417b67f2a471ab9fe1416.jpgf22d313f5109ef34585c4c47dcce681f.jpg

• Like 5

Zem, weigh that tub of a doe . She's a big girl for sure .   FIL has to have a scale handy and easy to find there ! By wolcs standards of chest measurement that's a 250 pound doe default_rolleyes.gif
250 with 246# of useable meat. Get Ur facts straight man !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Zem, weigh that tub of a doe . She's a big girl for sure .   FIL has to have a scale handy and easy to find there ! By wolcs standards of chest measurement that's a 250 pound doe default_rolleyes.gif
The one thing he doesn't have is a scale but oh well. She will eat just fine no matter how big of a tubby she is. Skinned her up, gonna hunt the morning, and then process her and hopefully another in the afternoon.

• Like 1

Headed to the other side of the meadow where all the action was last night and for sure was a buck chasing does around last night, I found a fresh scrape and bumped three deer 50 yards from getting to my stand, nice to have action at least this time of year was hoping for one more doe but only one more hunt so we will see.

IMG_1669.JPG

Edited by Bowshotmuzzleloader