Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

My still hunt yesterday was a bust. I was doing a poor job. The first deer were right around this ridge I wanted to get around,so 3 minutes into the hunt i got busted first. Another one ran off when i crossed a gully. Then i climbed up another ridge and four deer took off. I was doing great. Then i decided to take one layer off and took my release off to do it,and then continued on. 300 yds later i realized i never picked the release back up. Moron! I backtracked and could of course not remember the exact spot. I thought the hunt was over,but I finally found it. 

Then i saw some deer first,i thought it was a doe and fawn. I was gonna shoot the doe,but realized at full draw it was two buttion bucks hanging out. Close one. Then circked back to the beginning and spooked some more deer. Next time i will sit.

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Well I’m off today and still sitting on the couch. It’s been raining since I woke up at 5. The only damn band of rain in the state is running directly across my area. The weather has not been very cooperative this season so far. 

Screw the rain we need some snow lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Well I’m off today and still sitting on the couch. It’s been raining since I woke up at 5. The only damn band of rain in the state is running directly across my area. The weather has not been very cooperative this season so far. 

Same/same. ('cept it's wet snow)

Take a look at East Aurora on the weather radar...........uggh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I have no issues with snow. Rain like this will keep me out of the stand during bow. Too big of a chance on losing a blood trail. 

That's why I stay out of the woods when it rains with the bow...but with the gun it doesn't bother me....give me fresh snow and IAM happy I've shot a couple nice deer in there bed stalking 

• Like 2

I'm not up on baits...they apparently have so many...On here.... we had a thread not long ago with at least one recipe for the spray on stuff..then saying the deer follow them in eating the leaves it was sprayed on....just as illegal

I had a neighbor tell me a few years ago how great donkey juice(?)  was. They just spay it on the vegetation as they walk in and the deer follow eating the greens...  His face went blank when I said "you know that's illegal right?" :rolleyes:

My broadheads (Wasp Boss 100gr are made 100% in America!) Didn't know that, been using them since I started hunting. Will continue using them forevermore! The reason? They just plain old work and work well

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1