Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Just had a spike go by way out. Swung behind me so I eased around to watch him and there musta been one coming the other way that saw me turn or the spike bumped and he hopped up the hill. Looked like another small buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just at close last night had a doe and 2 fawns pop out of the neighbors swamp...they walked his hedge row staying tight to the edge to block wind..would not go to his open lane way or cross to our open field they'd been feeding in all fall. I watched as they fed on wild grape then crossed to the other neighbors giant Norway, behind that is my swamp and another neighbors swamp that has pine lining it.....If they have food they are staying in cover...and low out of winds. Winds have calmed, I should head out to a blind...

26 minutes ago, growalot said:

LOL...that grew wings and flew right over my head...

BTW Merlot...I'm not out there yet not sure yet if I'm going but...Told Mr B that I will get a big one now....The Gator is getting picked up today to go get fixed and serviced..leaving me with just the tractor...

You just needed coffee to get going..lol. Nothing but fork horns so far at camp. Try again this weekend..

Let's not crucify the guy. That guy that films his hunts and just posted all his videos baits and does so legally in NJ so let's not jump to conclusions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don’t mean this scenario specifically. I’m talking the state as a whole.

Lifetime ban for cheaters or make it legal

Saw one of the 11pts that I'm after! Stepped out at 22 yards, broadside in the wide open. I drew back, but I guess my pin was,t gathering much light (gloomy morning). Decided to let him walk, rather than risking a poor shot.... Oh well, it was cool to finally lay eyes on him. Been getting pics of him all summer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 14

I don’t mean this scenario specifically. I’m talking the state as a whole.

Lifetime ban for cheaters or make it legal

I'd rather just see it made legal but that is a topic and thorough debate for another thread. This is the deer killing thread. Now someone please shoot something. I'm bored out of my skull at my desk in Midtown!

• Like 3

OK Well unless they have produced corn that is the same size and shape as fallen leaves it actually isn't. The kindle has it's faults but the dang thing can sure blow up a picture.... all that yellow is the shape and size of all the other surrounding leaf cover...

16 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

What are they gold? That would be 540 a dozen!!! Seems a little steep.

Pack of heads is 70 that's $23 bucks per...my fmj's were 90/6 so that is $15,  brass inserts a couple bucks a dollar worth of fletch and reflective tape...is $40 precise enough.

Don't worry tho the same one just keep going thru deer over and over again so money well spent.

IMG_0531.thumb.PNG.0b3ad5b5d6c436232d9085bbc49018b5.PNGIMG_0666.thumb.PNG.6b28f2e9e3f2560d741c8c50a3d2ab51.PNG

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

OK Well unless they have produced corn that is the same size and shape as fallen leaves it actually isn't. The kindle has it's faults but the dang thing can sure blow up a picture.... all that yellow is the shape and size of all the other surrounding leaf cover...
I was thinking more along the line of that dusty stuff they sell sprinkled on the leaves. Not necessarily whole kernels