Evercalm

Swamp_bucks

On 10/26/2017 at 5:40 PM, stubborn1VT said:

Let us know what you think.  I'm a believer in Evercalm, although I forgot to buy some before the season.  Never tried the VS1, but I may give it a shot.

Just bought a new regular version at Dicks for $20. The VS1 was $45. Wife chuckled at it said with real vaginal secretion. As opposed to the fake vaginal I guess 

Edited by turkeyfeathers

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just bought a new regular version at Dicks for $20. The VS1 was $45. Wife chuckled at it said with real vaginal secretion. As opposed to the fake vaginal I guess 

I found it on amazon for 44 dollars and it came with the original evercalm also . My wife yelled at me the other day to get my deer vagina juice off the counter.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I put a bottle of Still Steamin’ Buck Semen in my friend’s Christmas stocking one year. Ruined Christmas, New Years, and possibly the entire next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 9:00 PM, Papist said:

My homebrew acorn cover scent has been working well it seems. 4 deer at 10 yards this evening. Not a peep from them. Will cost you a bottle of distilled water 

I'm intrigued as I'm currently get ready to process some acorns into flour... Care to share how you made this? Maybe I can use the leftover acorn shells from processing?

1 hour ago, Artemis said:

I'm intrigued as I'm currently get ready to process some acorns into flour... Care to share how you made this? Maybe I can use the leftover acorn shells from processing?

I cracked the acorn casings open a little and threw a bunch of 'em in a pot of purified water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 or 20 minutes. On some batches I added magnolia seed pods (very strong aroma) and hickory nut pods. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It will go moldy if left too long at room temp.  Has a sweet aroma when cold. I guess from the starches. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Papist said:

I cracked the acorn casings open a little and threw a bunch of 'em in a pot of purified water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 or 20 minutes. On some batches I added magnolia seed pods (very strong aroma) and hickory nut pods. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It will go moldy if left too long at room temp.  Has a sweet aroma when cold. I guess from the starches. 

Perfect! I'm going to give that a try. Purified = distilled?? Was there a ratio of acorn shell to water? Does it work better with the magnolia seed pods?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Artemis said:

Perfect! I'm going to give that a try. Purified = distilled?? Was there a ratio of acorn shell to water? Does it work better with the magnolia seed pods?

The Magnolia dominates if you use too much. I just covered my acorns with an inch or so of water. Distilled . I use the whole acorn btw. Havent tried with just shells

Edited by Papist

I had Evercalm from last year and just a heads up they definitely lose a lot of the potency... It does work but it has to be freshly opened cause my stuff from last hunting season barely even stinks anymore.  I use it on my boots every time in and out of my stands, and also on scent drags hanging around my stand

First year using evercalm. I was in the same bow stand for 6 straight days. Not once did I get winded by a deer and there were plenty. Weird thing was the woods by my stand had bright white lines on the trees! lol You see that stuff after it dries its super white on a tree trunk. I'm a believer and will use it again.