Severe weather tonight in the Southern tier.

First-light

I would have preferred that our government kept the money for better purposes here than carrying out senseless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan all these years.  And it hasn't been chump change that has been spent over there either.  Of course we are told that they are doing it to protect our freedoms here.  I say BS to that.

I would have preferred that our government kept the money for better purposes here than carrying out senseless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan all these years.  And it hasn't been chump change that has been spent over there either.  Of course we are told that they are doing it to protect our freedoms here.  I say BS to that.

Steve, I agree, funny how they always find money to go to war. Then tell the seniors there is no money for social security. Where did we find the money to attack Libya. Watched fox news and they were saying 45% of workers pay on federal tax. How is that possible that means that 55% of workers are paying the whole nut. It looks like they will raise our taxes to pay for more mismanagement of our country. What pisses me off is Obama saying we most invest more in education, my school tax went up $1600 this year for a total school tax bill of $8500 what a joke , he wants more. I am retired and have no one in school, they think we should pay more. Looking to move to Pa. where they are less taxing than Long Island.

Dave

We could have paid for a whole LOT of public education with the money that has been spent in Iraq and Afghanistan.  We went to Iraq because of WMD that were never there and went to Afghanistan to find Bin Laden who still hasn't been found.  I guess that's why they then try to brainwash us into thinking that they went there to protect our freedoms.  Surely can't be for any other good reason, can it???

We went to Iraq because of WMD that were never

Think the world of you brother....but disagree on this one. THey were there at one time. He used them on his own people. But we didn't come up with what we thought was there and I really question the conveyed motives that were sold to us. I personally think Iran has and continues to be a bigger threat than any thing in Iraq or Afgan.

As far a Bin Laden. If they had taken 1/10 of what we have spent over there and put a publicized contract on his head he would have been gift wrapped in about an hour. Really does make me question our true motives...feed the machine

I always believed that some country was going to pay for 9/11. The U.S. was not just going to hunt down the Taliban but was going to take out some country that was a threat or had close ties with the Taliban. Someone would pay and the world would see how the U.S. would crush anyone that brought terror to its homeland.

I'm not a Bush lover but I think he had no choice. Just one of my thoughts on the subject.

Think the world of you brother....but disagree on this one. THey were there at one time. He used them on his own people. But we didn't come up with what we thought was there and I really question the conveyed motives that were sold to us. I personally think Iran has and continues to be a bigger threat than any thing in Iraq or Afgan.

As far a Bin Laden. If they had taken 1/10 of what we have spent over there and put a publicized contract on his head he would have been gift wrapped in about an hour. Really does make me question our true motives...feed the machine

The WMD that Iraq had used against it's own people wasn't anything so sophisticated where we needed to go to war and occupy the country for as long as we have.  Absolutely nothing they had could not have been had by anyone else in the world, many of whom also see the US as their enemy.  So the question will surely remain to the real reasons behind it all.  In my mind it will forever be a waste of money and American lives.  Not that history has shown that any regime change in that area has been for the better.  I would let them all lob each others heads off to their hearts content and not get in the middle of it.  Hopefully they can all kill each other without our help.

I agree with what you say about Bin Laden.  The same could be said about Saddam Hussien also.

Ok hold on a second guys, the welfare I was referring to is the funds & resouces poured into other countries, the big give away. It's disgusting. Attention is needed at home before our country bleeds itself to death and given to our own states & citizens for people hit with disaters, people not realy looking for a welfare check but how about a helping hand from local government getting back on their feet, burring their dead, getting back to work and rebuilding their lives.

The national debt? Oh my god, yeah so lets borrow more money to give away while corporations sell out to foreign interest and we are owned by foreign oil. It burns my @ss to be disgusted with our own government.

You guys are right, what's wrong with our country always willing to send aid and money to foreign counties but not at home. All we get from our government is the bill. Tax and spending our hard earned money, when will Washington wake up. I think it is already too late. Where is the president's leadership there is none and no one holds his administration accountable.

Dave