I'm Annoyed !

Salmon_Run

41 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

I was wrongly under the misconception it was a "refund" for the taxes paid in and how is it that some get a big amount back when the never paid that amount in by them ?

earned income credit and child tax credits - 

My GF has some horrible family members - anyway 6 months of the year in jail + yet another kid = $10,000  plus free medical all year, assistance etc. ( worked just enough to say so) 

Makes her want to scream -      

1 hour ago, Salmon_Run said:

I was wrongly under the misconception it was a "refund" for the taxes paid in and how is it that some get a big amount back when the never paid that amount in by them ?

It's considered taxable income and with their 5 kids and themselves they get a lot in back being they don't work and get a huge tax break for being in the poverty level of income. It's a screwed up system.

The above leads me to what grinds my gears, people living off the backs of others that actually work for their money. 

Welfare abuse, people driving 10 or more under the speed limit but refuse to pull over and let the train of cars behind them pass, ignorance on any level, and lastly people that can't do their job or refuse to do it. 

The latest one that pissed me off is waiting in the plumbing section in HomeDepot for 20 minutes for someone to come and some teenager tells me "Those are the only 3/8" copper fittings we carry" pointing at a box of couplers then walks away so I wasn't able to ask where some of the other copper fittings were. Went 2 minutes down the street to ID Booth walk out with something that would work, they also didn't stock much in terms of 3/8" copper but offered a solution instead of just walking away. I have worked retail at a few different places over the years and never gave only the excuse "we are out of XXXX item" and offered a solution. Today's society and the future of the human race is in big trouble.

why-the-hell-are-millennials-eating-tide

50 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

The latest one that pissed me off is waiting in the plumbing section in HomeDepot for 20 minutes for someone to come and some teenager tells me "Those are the only 3/8" copper fittings we carry" pointing at a box of couplers then walks away so I wasn't able to ask where some of the other copper fittings were. Went 2 minutes down the street to ID Booth walk out with something that would work, they also didn't stock much in terms of 3/8" copper but offered a solution instead of just walking away. I have worked retail at a few different places over the years and never gave only the excuse "we are out of XXXX item" and offered a solution. Today's society and the future of the human race is in big trouble.

Give me  a break . You can put a Home Depot or Lowes ap on the phone and find anything in the store . You can locate  the aisle and bin that it's it . Just make sure the store you shop at is the store you put on the ap . You can change stores . It's a real time saver ! :drinks:

42 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Bicyclist. They impede traffic, and do not obey any of the traffic laws.

Most adult bicyclists are curtious and obey the laws . The kids are the ones to watch out for as when there are 2 or 3 riding , they might split up and have have riders on both sides of the road which is dangerous . What ticks me off is to see a couple kids riding and wearing a safety helmet but the parent not wearing one . Some parents don't lead by example !

10 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Most adult bicyclists are curtious and obey the laws . The kids are the ones to watch out for as when there are 2 or 3 riding , they might split up and have have riders on both sides of the road which is dangerous . What ticks me off is to see a couple kids riding and wearing a safety helmet but the parent not wearing one . Some parents don't lead by example !

I disagree its the idiot adults, not the kids on the roads.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Aren't you worried that you'll kill somebody?!

Well, if they crash there they won't have far to go cause I live on the corner and they currently have to slide the tires to try and stop at the T intersection.  If it has to come down to them or my family, well what can I say it sucks to be them...

8 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

It's because of tax credits.  You don't have to pay one dollar into the system to be eligible for tax credits that are a direct "refund".  There should be absolutely NO tax credits, only deductions, that way you could never get back more money than you paid in.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

I disagree its the idiot adults, not the kids on the roads.

I agree it's the "professional" looking riders in their form fitting riding gear that just have to be in the traffic lane no matter what roadway they are on. They refuse to move over even if the shoulder is very wide. They simply have to be to the left of the white line. They're all dressed in form fitting gear with their heads down peddling away and oblivious to vehicle traffic. I am surprised more of them don't get clipped by mirrors.

Kids I fully expect to be oblivious to traffic and respond accordingly..... 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2018 at 10:21 AM, Rack Attack said:

Did I state anywhere that I thought brake checking someone was the right thing to do?  I am really commenting regarding that you think it's no ones business how you drive, when I totally disagree.  What about he requirements to wear seat belts?  How does that effect anyone else, but its still a law?  Drive by my house on the back dirt road at 55-60 and see what happens to your windshield...

What an asanine thing to claim to do. Again, you could cause someones death. Over what? Them going faster than you agree with?

You must be one of those guys that says they would shoot a trespasser.

All talk.

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

What an asanine thing to claim to do. Again, you could cause someones death. Over what? Them going faster than you agree with?

You must be one of those guys that says they would shoot a trespasser.

All talk.

Nope, not all talk at all.  Read my other post in this thread, what makes you think it is ok to drive like an idiot on back dirt roads?  I notice you have children, you don't have concerns for their safety?  Like stated before I live on the corner where they must STOP, and they need to slide the tire on dry road to attempt to stop does that seem reasonable?  If you think so then you belong in the other thread about no common sense and you are the poster child...

6 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

Nope, not all talk at all.  Read my other post in this thread, what makes you think it is ok to drive like an idiot on back dirt roads?  I notice you have children, you don't have concerns for their safety?  Like stated before I live on the corner where they must STOP, and they need to slide the tire on dry road to attempt to stop does that seem reasonable?  If you think so then you belong in the other thread about no common sense and you are the poster child...

So sliding a tire on a dirt road when coming to a stop equals driving like an idiot to you, which gives you the right to throw a rock through their windshield? And you insinuate that I have no common sense?

I live on and drive dirt roads every day. My tires routinely "slide" or spin on them, and I dont drive down them in any type of an unsafe or illegal manor.

BTW, yes I do have kids, just like may other people that drive down the road. I would never purposely do something that could cause other people or families harm, regardless of how I feel about their driving. If I feel they are doing something that might be putting others at danger, Ill dial up the Sheriffs department and let them deal with the guy.

I get annoyed when people use high beams on the highway, thinking it does not blind others since they are on the oncoming side.

I also hate people using light bars in the daytime as a daytime running light.  Also, the guy I saw with a rooftop light bar plus another bar on his bumper lit up in a populated mini city in a 30mph zone.  He also had glaring HIDs in his headlights, glare glare glare. 

• Like 1