Dicks sporting goods/field and stream

Robhuntandfish

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

are they though? I'd probably own one if I could buy a 30 rd mag and it didn't look like the stock got mangled in a cnc machine. But I can't, and it does. 

so i disagree. and yes I know what a receiver is. 

I give up. you win. Dick's quit selling them 12 years ago. no one is buying them anymore in NY and the compliant guns are not even close to the same weapon as a non compliant one.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I give up. you win. Dick's quit selling them 12 years ago. no one is buying them anymore in NY and the compliant guns are not even close to the same weapon as a non compliant one.  

don't give up. Lets take it back to the beginning.

Dicks has stopped selling those mangled contraptions. Is this really a big loss for new yorkers? 

Dicks has stopped selling those mangled contraptions. Is this really a big loss for new yorkers? 

Narrow minded view. They are a national company, this is a national topic and they pulled them from national stores. NY blows. We all know that. the little views of "it doesn't effect me" is what will allow them to gain traction. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

No.  Your typical local gun shop will gladly sell you as many "compliant" rifles as you can afford.  The bigger issue is the blatant caving and pandering by Dick's to the Liberal gun grabbers who want the government to possess and control all of the guns.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Narrow minded view. They are a national company, this is a national topic and they pulled them from national stores. NY blows. We all know that. the little views of "it doesn't effect me" is what will allow them to gain traction. 

i'm with you. But it was my comment that got yall in a tizzy. Unfortunately with gander gone our options for last minute needs has dwindled. wny has cut up his cards and I'd like to do the same. My concern is that not supporting one of the last big box stores will just give us fewer and fewer options for hunting and fishing. There is no cabelas or bass pro in rochester. 

when they stopped selling these in 2012, we all still continued to shop there. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm with you. But it was my comment that got yall in a tizzy. Unfortunately with gander gone our options for last minute needs has dwindled. wny has cut up his cards and I'd like to do the same. My concern is that not supporting one of the last big box stores will just give us fewer and fewer options for hunting and fishing. There is no cabelas or bass pro in rochester. 

I'll order on line and if I really am caught short I will pay a bit higher at Runnings or make a trip down the thruway to Cabela's. Hopefully Bass Pro gets opened soon.  They've seen my last penny. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

are they though? I'd probably own one if I could buy a 30 rd mag and it didn't look like the stock got mangled in a cnc machine. But I can't, and it does. 

so i disagree. and yes I know what a receiver is. 

Having just gone through this and been educated:  2 options for compliant ARs (1) detachable mag and no features (collapsible stock, pistol grip, fire suppressor, and some others that I am forgetting but not as significant) or (2) pin the mag and have whatever you want for features.  Mag limited to 10 rds and must have a limiter (block in mag) when hunting.  Yes people buy compliant ARs and yes I bet some were sold by Dicks.  But I think the bigger issue is why support a store that is caving to the anti-gun crowd if you are a 2d amendment supporter.

Oh and I think what was hinted at is that it pretty easy to buy one without the features and add them after the purchase if one was so inclined.  In the end, I decided to pin the mag as I see no need for a 30rd mag on a hunting gun.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 6

I order online too. What I'm saying is what if your raingear tears and you need a jacket quick or you run out of doe pee or used the last bit of scent spray etc.

as a webster resident: canandaigua, brockport, buffalo and syracuse aren't quick stops for last minute items.

Edited by Belo

I order online too. What I'm saying is what if your raingear tears and you need a jacket quick or you run out of doe pee or used the last bit of scent spray etc.

as a webster resident: canandaigua, brockport, buffalo and syracuse aren't quick stops for last minute items.

I'll make the trip or go without. I've killed lots of game over the years without much of what I carry now. I think I'll make due. I am also not supporting the band wagon hoppers removing NRA support like Delta. I won't be flying them for business anymore. 

• Like 3

I get it and May struggle with that,as Dicks is about 3 minutes from my house. I used to deer hunt across 104 from it . I have  so much gear needing a last minute anything is remote but possible .

My Visa card of 25 years is no longer because it says NRA on it, now the closest store with hunting gear caved, streaming companies are under pressure not to run NRA tv and all gun and hunting shows may  well be next .

Fed Ex for now is resisting , it’s going to be hard to avoid all the companies folding to the antis , but I’m going to try .

As my Local always says, “ we support those that support us .”

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Some folks don't understand mil spec. 

I never really had much interest in one until I really started looking at one for hunting.  Besides the fact that they are fun to build with so many options, if you want a reliable and accurate semi, ARs can't be beat.  Easy to find/build one that will shoot sub moa and feed reliably.  Not the case with most other semi platforms.  That said, I am still waiting for arrival so perhaps I am expecting more than I should.  My opinion is based solely on my research.

• Like 2

For a sporting goods chain, that is in business to support "sportsmen,"  I see absolutely no reason to support them anymore.  If they want to jump on the fear mongering bandwagon, so be it. But I will not support their stand or their business ever again! 

Fortunately, we have in this area, many smaller retailers, where I can pick up hunting and fishing items, including an AR if I want. And perhaps will in the near future for predator hunting. I've been transitioning my support to these shops anyways. I'll pay a little more for the better service, knowledge and experience, I receive there.

And except for firearms, I have never had a problem ordering through BPS.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2