Power outage from northeaster 24 hours no power no heat

Hunter007

3 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Yes, It has, and you know how it goes.  Still here cleaning up roads, and parking lots.  Girlfriend texted me just prior to midnight, that power out again, still out now.  Im patient with these things, since I work long hours myself, and people dont think we do anything either lol.  Im getting frustrated now, it will all be past us soon enough.  I cant wait for bbq xd. I joke with my girlfriend, and said this is what I get for buying a deeo fryer, i was so excited to try it out last weekend, then we got that big storm, haha.

I used to work for the NYSDOT snow and ice. I remember one time with a big storm they were short and asked people to stay over for the next shift.  So i stayed and worked the whole next shift too and then into  my shift again.  Foreman came up to me and asked ....Have you gone home?  how long have you been here damn - go home. - lol .  yeah gets to be some long days.  Staring at snow for hours sucks.

also remember one time a big ice storm was supposed to hit though.  It never did and we sat there for 12 hours with the trucks loaded with salt and running.  Never left the barn.  We loaded/unloaded them and washed them and sat for 12 hours on a saturday. 

Better days are coming - that fryer will be in use soon!  

• Like 2

After nearly 50" in 5 days we never lost power. Lights flickered a few times, but never went out. Wires and trees are really hanging low this morning though!  Got mine and our elderly neighbors driveway done last night after 11pm. Tonight after work it's back up to the farm, to get that cleaned up. Back, shoulders and knees are protesting big time!  Aleve is my best friend lately!!!  But I really feel alive! Hard work keeps me young!

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I used to work for the NYSDOT snow and ice. I remember one time with a big storm they were short and asked people to stay over for the next shift.  So i stayed and worked the whole next shift too and then into  my shift again.  Foreman came up to me and asked ....Have you gone home?  how long have you been here damn - go home. - lol .  yeah gets to be some long days.  Staring at snow for hours sucks.

also remember one time a big ice storm was supposed to hit though.  It never did and we sat there for 12 hours with the trucks loaded with salt and running.  Never left the barn.  We loaded/unloaded them and washed them and sat for 12 hours on a saturday. 

Better days are coming - that fryer will be in use soon!  

Yes sir, sucha vast array of scenarios.  We are a township, with a lot of square miles for the numbers of employees.  We have a couple great features in our contract for such events where we work through the night, along with meal tickets, etc.  If we work over 16 hrs in a 24 hr period, the following shift continues at our overtime rate,  or you are allowed to go home, and earn regular rate until the end of shift.   I always stay, I take their money.  

Last year we had a storm like that! The 30" blizzard that never came! We stayed after 3:30pm on OT, all loaded up waiting, stayed ALL night WAITING for the snow to dump on us.  It never even flurry'd.  They were afraid to release us.  

Wings and friesssss xD

• Like 2

86a93dd9bd0c99db55f7da98150b3ddb.jpg&key=d6d346e954ee06bcacea8adccd430bb0808f489ff6312f65565501f473800d09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel for ya guys, snow days are nice but digging out sucks....but that's just another winter in Western New York. Lake effect is no joke and will shut things down instantly.
The 86" inches we got in 14' was a real eye opener....it put even piece of snow removal equipment to the test.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I am all back to normal here, home finally.  Snowblowed the driveway, dragged off as much snow off my roof as I could, and packed uo thr generator, and things like that.  Saw electrical trucks still working in the area, HydroQuebec, and HydroOttawa, National Gaurd is still here as well, unreal.  Never experienced this type of severe storm, they said tthe damage was more destructive than hurrican Sandy here.

Hope all members have  power too.....

• Like 2

local weather station meterologist posted that the likelihood of a nor easter for tues is increasing.  Computer models are starting to come together for a track up tight to the coast and for a significant snowfall but of course it is a few days out yet.  :Lets hope not !  its getting depressing.....ugh 

http://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/outlook-new-snow-maker-on-the-horizen-for-cny/1046103306

12 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

local weather station meterologist posted that the likelihood of a nor easter for tues is increasing.  Computer models are starting to come together for a track up tight to the coast and for a significant snowfall but of course it is a few days out yet.  :Lets hope not !  its getting depressing.....ugh 

http://www.localsyr.com/news/local-news/outlook-new-snow-maker-on-the-horizen-for-cny/1046103306

I'm ready to see grass, this is our first winter in our new house and compared to the areas around they have had grass showing in most their yards but we still have 3"+ of settled snow. Kind of sucks, but it does make shooting coyotes off the bait pile a lot easier with some snow .

• 2 months later...
O so that is what happen. 
All at once it went from total com to windy like hell for 5 10 minutes sounded  like a train passed by .

Any updates on power restoration?

Yeah 7:45pm YESTERDAY is the current estimated resto time....

Based on my security system, we lost power at 438pm yesterday and just got it back at 1031am today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Based on my security system, we lost power at 438pm yesterday and just got it back at 1031am today

Oh good,  I'm still waiting, hopefully soon.