So what are your thoughts on Oliver North fore fronting this?

We all know Olivers past. Do you think he stands a chance against the army of anti-gun moguls after supporting terrorists? How he got the 'Top Spot' in the NRA is beyond comprehension. 

Edited by Rob...

16 hours ago, Rob... said:

Do you think he stands a chance against the army of anti-gun moguls

Jesus Christ could be installed as the President of the NRA and it would make zero difference to the anti gun moguls, they will stick it to  anyone that has "any" affiliation. 

I like North and will support him because he supports me, he is a Marine and knows how to fight the fight!

Edited by airedale
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, Rob... said:

So what are your thoughts on Oliver North fore fronting this?

We all know Olivers past. Do you think he stands a chance against the army of anti-gun moguls after supporting terrorists? How he got the 'Top Spot' in the NRA is beyond comprehension. 

Its just a media/ publicity position...Just like Charlton Heston and his, "cold dead hands" deal.....CEO is where the power is in the NRA and LaPierre ain't gonna give up his millions in pay and benefits.

The former president was a businessman, and unless you bought from Brownells and connected the name,  I'd doubt most members here even know Brownells as they cater to gunsmithing/parts and not hunting.

They had been trying to get Tom Selleck for years to take a position, but he turned them down and re kindled his acting career.

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Rob... said:

So everyone is OK with the fact that North made deals with terrorists that he funded and gave them weapons. Now that's interesting. 

Aside from hiring a criminal;  One upside would be that the NRA actually did anything in this state using their own name and not hiding behind NYSPRA like they usually do. They raked in lots of $$$$ from NY membership increases after SAFE act, maybe they'll actually do.....well....anything here.:rofl:

But its the NRA so they'll tuck tail and run at some point.:rolleyes:

Lots of overlap with the SCI big wigs now who also make poor out of touch decisions based on $$$. Birds of a feather.

:bad:

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 3:57 PM, Dinsdale said:

But its the NRA so they'll tuck tail and run at some point.:rolleyes:

:bad:

The NRA is more like a boxing coach than a fighter.  They prefer to fight anti-gun laws with legislation, rather than lawsuits.  That means they need grass roots support and votes to accomplish change.  They don't run from a fight.  They give up on fighters who have no heart and turn tail and run from a fight, like many here in NY who expect the NRA to do all their fighting for them.

In a way, that's my point; they are the biggest advocate for gun owners and with that, I feel, comes the responsibility to make solid decisions based on a coherent thought out plan. Always seem to be reactionary IMO.

And I'm a member, usually just yearly, started out when I was looking at gun clubs 30 years ago and all in my area require membership; although never did find one to join.

Member of SCI too.:rolleyes:

So I believe that if you want to express an opinion, you should have a vested interest.

I think if they had a better plan, they'd attract more gun owners; many of whom think idiots like Ted Nugent or convicted felons, are not the best faces of the cause.

• Like 1

"They have the numbers here but provide crappy LEADERSHIP that's more interested in double dipping their expense account."  What leadership are you referring to?  Those in National NRA positions or those in NY State positions?  I hope you can provide proof of that statement, otherwise you are simply helping the anti-gun cause with your undocumented opinion.

OK, since you feel OK with criticism, what's your suggestion?  Someone once said criticism without a solution is just whining.  I agree with that.  Let's hear it.  If you could have the NRA do your bidding, what would you have them do?

Also for your edification regarding felons.  I assume you are referring to Oliver North.  Where do you get your info?  He was convicted in the Iran–Contra affair of the late 1980s but his convictions were vacated and reversed, and all charges against him dismissed in 1991.   Be careful how you make accusations without merit.

Edited by Rattler

"They have the numbers here but provide crappy LEADERSHIP that's more interested in double dipping their expense account."  What leadership are you referring to?  Those in National NRA positions or those in NY State positions?  I hope you can provide proof of that statement, otherwise you are simply helping the anti-gun cause with your undocumented opinion.
OK, since you feel OK with criticism, what's your suggestion?  Someone once said criticism without a solution is just whining.  I agree with that.  Let's hear it.  If you could have the NRA do your bidding, what would you have them do?
Also for your edification regarding felons.  I assume you are referring to Oliver North.  Where do you get your info?  He was convicted in the Iran–Contra affair of the late 1980s but his convictions were vacated and reversed, and all charges against him dismissed in 1991.   Be careful how you make accusations without merit.

So what's being done to repeal the Safe Act? Who cares about stupid numbers! Make as much sense as polls on a hunting site. Action speaks loud and clear on how any of these organizations are dealing with anything. NYS seems to on the low end of fending off these crappy laws. So someone's getting paid while law abiding, gun owners who are residents across the state get hammered by the chicken $h1ts making laws in NYC.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

NY gun owners had the chance to vote Cuomo out of office.  The NRA supported Astorino and made every NY gun owner aware of the absolute need for every one of them to vote for Astorino.  Many of them didn't vote.  Some Fudds actually voted for Cuomo.  What do you think the NRA can accomplish in a state with gun owners like that?

• Like 7

People look at the NRA like it's this gigantic institution with unlimited funding and power. It's not. That it can't move the world on it's own shouldn't be a surprise. I'd have to check the numbers, but I think "Media Matters" , "CPA" (Communist party of America), and "'Antifa" each have more members than the NRA.

It's a matter of perspective. A group with five million members is not going to change the world overnight. I pay my dues and I work hard for the NRA when I can, but I don't have unrealistic expectations.

• Like 3

I don't know how many times this has to be said before the whiny gun owners get the message. 

If the NRA had 50 million members, we would not be seeing any of this anti-gun hogwash happening.  So, if you are not an NRA member, you are helping the anti's.  

I don't care what your excuse is.  If you are a gun owner and not NRA, I don't have any respect for you, nor will I hunt or shoot with you.  You're nothing.  If you are an NRA member and trash talk them, you need to be slapped.  IMHO, being an NRA member is the minimum level of commitment to the 2nd Amendment you must possess to consider yourself in the fight to preserve our rights.  If you can't even commit to NRA membership in this fight, you really need to reevaluate your priorities.

I'm not saying the NRA is perfect or without flaws.  I'm saying they are your only choice if you want to protect your rights.  Make no mistake.  There are plans to remove your rights and time is on the side of those who wish to take them.  ALL of them!

If the current attacks on the NRA succeed in marginalizing their power, anyone who didn't support them must accept responsibility for the demise of their rights forever after.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Rob... said:

So what's being done to repeal the Safe Act?

Some of my response will echo parts of some of the responses above.

The Safe Act is a state law. NYS gun owners could have voted out Cuomo last time around and that would have sent a clear message to state legislators. From the outside of NYS looking in, it appears that NYS likes their gun laws, as we keep re-electing the "leaders" and legislators right back into office. The NRA has limited resources and do not spend them on lost causes. NYS appears to be a lost cause.

And again, somebody tell me who is fighting harder for my gun rights, and I'll send them the money instead.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I don't care what your excuse is.  If you are a gun owner and not NRA, I don't have any respect for you, nor will I hunt or shoot with you.  You're nothing.  If you are an NRA member and trash talk them, you need to be slapped.  IMHO, being an NRA member is the minimum level of commitment to the 2nd Amendment you must possess to consider yourself in the fight to preserve our rights.  If you can't even commit to NRA membership in this fight, you really need to reevaluate your priorities.

So, if someone just recently bought a gun for the first time, but would prefer not to become an NRA member for reasons they prefer not to explain, you think this person deserves NO respect and you want no part of?

What makes you think that everyone who already owns a gun is as passionate as you about guns and the 2nd amendment?  You are taking a swipe at a lot of people with your statement.  How many members does the NRA have now?  5 million?  Maybe that's as far as you will get in terms of the passionate ones while the rest own guns for various other reasons but are hardly passionate about them.   The guns they own may have been passed down from family members or they may only have them to hunt or target shoot occasionally, etc.  Their entire being may not revolve around thinking about guns or the 2nd amendment.  They probably don't go to sleep worrying about the government confiscating them like you probably do.  Maybe the truth is that some gun owners wouldn't be bothered with some more gun regulations?  You clearly witness on this forum that all hunters don't agree on various hunting regulations, so what makes you think gun owners are in agreement on gun laws?  Maybe others are offended by some of the clowns the NRA allows to represent them like LaPierre and Nugent and don't want to be associated with such folks?  Maybe some think the NRA is full of it and themselves with some of their rhetoric?  What makes you think all gun owners think like you?  They obviously don't for one reason or another.

If the NRA can get only 5 million people to join, maybe that is more their own fault and NOT the fault of the MAJORITY of gun owners you are taking a swipe at here?  Did you ever think of that??  I'm pretty sure you will continue to harp on your same old story about everyone else being lame while you are the hero here, but maybe you should just stop and think about things from someone else's perspective at least once in a while.  You surely will NEVER get these people to listen to your point of view if you take the type of swipes at them as you have with your statement here.  They will simply look at you as another know it all blowhard, the type they see ,hear and read daily on TV, radio, internet, etc from ALL the different political ideologies.

• Like 1

It has less to do with passion about guns than it does to do with passion about your RIGHTS!  If people cannot get that through their heads, I have no respect for them, because if they don't cherish their rights, they're not worth the air they breath.

I don't expect everyone to think like I do, but I do expect people to believe in their rights, because if they don't, they're a threat to mine!

I've been trying to talk sense into these people for decades.  I'm done with them.  I no longer believe their minds can be enlightened.  They will come to realize the truth when it's too late.  To me, they are no better than the people who are striving to remove our rights.  They are the ignorant electorate, the useful idiots, the apathetic minions tyrants love.

I stand by my opinion and will continue to say it to everyone who helps to destroy the rights Americans have died for.  And I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my position.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

I don't know how many times this has to be said before the whiny gun owners get the message. 

If the NRA had 50 million members, we would not be seeing any of this anti-gun hogwash happening.  So, if you are not an NRA member, you are helping the anti's.  

I'm not saying the NRA is perfect or without flaws.  I'm saying they are your only choice if you want to protect your rights.  Make no mistake.  There are plans to remove your rights and time is on the side of those who wish to take them.  ALL of them!

If the current attacks on the NRA succeed in marginalizing their power, anyone who didn't support them must accept responsibility for the demise of their rights forever after.

please don't take this as a personal attack or anything.  i mean i don't know who the hell you are. you might very well be a guy i'd happily share a beer with any day of the week. that said the divisive horsesh*t that you typed and i made bold isn't doing the NRA any favors. i get that it can get emotional. not to seem insensitive to those who knew him, but justice scalia's death severely screwed legal efforts to get the SafeAct snuffed out to something rational and better. always seems you can never cover your ass enough being a legal gun owner. don't alienate your peers. we need more than just those who own guns on our side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It has less to do with passion about guns than it does to do with passion about your RIGHTS!  If people cannot get that through their heads, I have no respect for them, because if they don't cherish their rights, they're not worth the air they breath.
I don't expect everyone to think like I do, but I do expect people to believe in their rights, because if they don't, they're a threat to mine!
I've been trying to talk sense into these people for decades.  I'm done with them.  I no longer believe their minds can be enlightened.  They will come to realize the truth when it's too late.  To me, they are no better than the people who are striving to remove our rights.  They are the ignorant electorate, the useful idiots, the apathetic minions tyrants love.
I stand by my opinion and will continue to say it to everyone who helps to destroy the rights Americans have died for.  And I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about my position.

This is an issue. I'm a "NOTHING" and you want to "SLAP" me? LOL! It's this way of thinking and acting that will drive people away. Keep up the fight! You are certainly winning me over.

Here's my problem, and if you don't get it, that's fine by me.

If I pay for a service, I would expect those whom I pay to be living up to the promises/expectations. I don't care who they are.
Years ago, the NRA had more pull and fight then they do now. Take the Safe Act out of the equation, and please, tell me one thing they have done to combat Cuomo's nonsensical attacks on the Second Amendment?

Let me also explain something else, no organization will be able to stand up to the new anti gun protesters. Kids! Why is it so difficult for some to grasp?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Rattler said:

They are the ignorant electorate, the useful idiots,

Says the guy who try’s to pass memes, fake quotes as fact and believes in wild conspiracy theories. 

Maybe the problem is you? Nah couldn’t be. Lol

The NRA has become a money machine for the leadership that is delighted at each shooting that happens because they know it means more attacks on guns means more donations from members. I have no doubts that they help pour gas on the fire to get more hate from anti gunners because they have guys like you figured out. They know you will send that check in the mail to help out. 

Why do their leaders rake in millions? 

PS I know the answer you will give already. 

• Like 1

Been busy with much more important things than a reply to people on here.

I'll just say this, and then I'm done with this thread.  The replies posted after my last post just prove how whiny some gun owners are, and how they are of no value at all in the fight to preserve our rights.  And I mean all of our rights  A bunch of excuses about why the fight is lost, or pleas to placate the enemy.  Just verifies everything I posted about being done with them.  Never have our rights been under greater attack, yet some people still think the NRA and those who stand up to fight the attacks are the problem.  Clueless.  

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 5