Hunting organizations - who belongs to what and why?

burmjohn

Hunting organizations - who belongs to what and why?

When searching around today, there seems to be so many out there.  Some counties have their own, some towns, etc etc.  I wish there was some kind of list out there. 

Anyways, just curious how many of you guys below to them and why or what do they represent?

I belong to the Niagara Frontier Chapter of the N.W.T.F.   belong to this chapter and the nwtf as they are committed to creating habitat for the wild turkey as well as other game. Plus the push for childern and women to become involved in the outdoors.

I am on the board of trutees of the Black Lake fish and game club.  I have been a member for quite a few years.  They have 300 acres for members to hunt by reservation as well as shooting ranges.  We do a walleye stocking program in black lake and I use the club house and range to teach sportsmans education programs. 

Navhda, which stands for North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association, its a internation club as well as local chapter and we get together to train and test our dogs. Its a great way to learn how to train a bird dog to do a long list of task's including tracking wounded game.

NYB and NRA.

NYB is the only organization that is an advocate for my bowhunting issues in NYS.

The NRA is a time-proven effective advocate for gun ownership and 2nd Amendment concerns. I also consider them the only reason that the Kennedys, Schumers, Boxers, Fiensteins, Bradys and scores of other gun-hating nuts past and present, have not succeeded in eliminating or making impractical the private ownership of firearms.

NYB and NRA.

NYB is the only organization that is an advocate for my bowhunting issues in NYS.

The NRA is a time-proven effective advocate for gun ownership and 2nd Amendment concerns. I also consider them the only reason that the Kennedys, Schumers, Boxers, Fiensteins, Bradys and scores of other gun-hating nuts past and present, have not succeeded in eliminating or making impractical the private ownership of firearms.

your choice of organizations shows quite a contradiction there ole Doctur? NYB which is anti crossbow to the bitter end and the NRA that supports crossbow hunting in NY State. seems you have a problem pickin sides there fella ;D , LOL, ROTFLMAO, so on and so forth.

NRA, North American Hunting Club, Chittenenago Rod & Gun Club, NYS Big Buck Club

Not sure why I am  Life member of the NAHC... I do like their magazine... and I like hearing what others hunters are doing around the country... I think it is just a money driven business now that I have been a member for about 17 years.

NRA Life Member:  because I value my freedom.

Woodlawn Sportsmens Club: small club; good members; I live in a city,  unfortunately, so the only alternative is a long drive.

NYS Hunter Educators: feels good to give back

NYB and NRA.

your choice of organizations shows quite a contradiction there ole Doctur? NYB which is anti crossbow to the bitter end and the NRA that supports crossbow hunting in NY State. seems you have a problem pickin sides there fella ;D , LOL, ROTFLMAO, so on and so forth.

Absolutely correct..... they do disagree one that one sole minor issue. So what? Being a realist, I do not demand that my advocacy organizations agree with every little position that I hold. It would be stupid to expect that wouldn't it? I look at their philosophies and their achievements in an overall sense and then decide if I can live with those issues that we disagree on. Both of those organizations have successfully passed that evaluation as far as I am concerned.

Do I agree with every stance each of these organizations have? ..... like probably 99% of the members the answer is no. Do I pack up my toys and go home because of it? ...... the answer is again ,no. Some people use these kinds of minor issues as excuses to belong to nothing. To me that is the bigger contradiction for those that claim to support organized advocacy for bow and gun hunting.

• Like 1