This whole issue with 3d gun printing

moog5050

See... even among us forum members there's some misconceptions about this 3D printing of a "gun". Imagine the hysteria the press has created, esp within the anti-gun ranks!??!
JMO, those potato guns are far more dangerous..... :wacko:
My potato gun will launch a potato at least 300 yards if not further. Works even better with limes

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

25 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

My potato gun will launch a potato at least 300 yards if not further. Works even better with limes

I built one as a kid ,I shot a tater so high I ,lost sight of it .It left a wet mark in the street less then 5 feet from the neighbors car ,I can't even imagine what it would have done to that trunk lid.

• Like 1

I built one as a kid ,I shot a tater so high I ,lost sight of it .It left a wet mark in the street less then 5 feet from the neighbors car ,I can't even imagine what it would have done to that trunk lid.
I once shot one at my broadhead target. The ricochet missed my head by 6 inches. I watched it fly by in slow motion. I can only assume if it hit me I would have died and my head exploded

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I once shot one at my broadhead target. The ricochet missed my head by 6 inches. I watched it fly by in slow motion. I can only assume if it hit me I would have died and my head exploded

Death by potato !

i forget what channel it was on but it was showing how people of 3rd world countries made firearms with crude resources and methods to basically make very low quality but functional copies weapons we're familiar with like your AK, 1911, and others.  they'd actually test fire them by walking out into the street and firing multiple rounds almost straight up into the sky above them.  the whole idea is we think of gun control as only trying to prevent bad people from getting guns.  this makes it easier and/or creates another avenue to allow a bad person to get a "gun".  80% lowers and the other examples are apples to oranges and require more effort and skill IMO.

On 8/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, dbHunterNY said:

oh trust me they're high end. it's an R&D training facility for the military.  sensitivity gets turned down when so many have to take off belts, glasses, or contractors have to remove their steel toe boots. i've spent 20 minutes with security making me walk through the metal detector over and over a couple days (dick security guard). once they wanded me the other they just had me walk through another metal detector that was turned down for contractors. 

I recently went on a cruise and the day before was working on something that needed screws to put together well one got left in my pocket  and i did not know it was there well guess what that one sticking screw had  me  going  through the metal detector 3 or 4 times and a pat down lol your talking 10/32 only  1/4 inch long machine screw was enough to set there  metal detector  off .  

Edited by Storm914

But can you shoot a lime into a corona bottle from 300 yards? These are the questions the people want to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here’s what I think of 3d printed gun they’re as dangerous to the shooter as they are to the victim. Here’s why you can’t put rifling in the barrel well you can but the first time a bullet hits the rifling it will rip it out of the barrel. Barrel pressure on a rifle can be up to 60000psi and there is the heat. I saw a guy shooting a AR with a lower made out of plastic with the AR having a gas tube it’s going to heat up fast if a thermo- plastic is used any place that touches the upper will melt, even thermo-set plastics will break down. here is one more thing if you can afford the printer then you can afford a scanner and solid works or master cam or something like that so you won’t need on line blue prints you just make your own.

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Here’s what I think of 3d printed gun they’re as dangerous to the shooter as they are to the victim. Here’s why you can’t put rifling in the barrel well you can but the first time a bullet hits the rifling it will rip it out of the barrel. Barrel pressure on a rifle can be up to 60000psi and there is the heat. I saw a guy shooting a AR with a lower made out of plastic with the AR having a gas tube it’s going to heat up fast if a thermo- plastic any place that touches the upper will melt, even thermo-set plastics will break down. here is one more thing if you can afford the printer the you can afford a scanner and solid works or master cam or something like that so you won’t need on line blue prints you just make your own.

There are plenty of videos of all steel real guns from major gun companies that show guns with problems and even guns that blowup on youtube  just imagine what could happen with a 3d plastic one :)

Unless 3d printing guns  becomes plug and play and pops out a fully functional all metal gun .

Its nothing to worry about .

Or by now you would of heard something about it in the news of criminals using them. 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

But can you shoot a lime into a corona bottle from 300 yards? These are the questions the people want to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't call me deadeye for nothing. And it's not because of my dead eye either

• Like 1