i hear the dec is proposing an oct 1st start to the 2012 season

Pat Rockets

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea they are just a great supporting management of the deer herd and support hunters...

I have went to all the meeting with the hunters and you tell them what you would like to see and nothing occurs. They still are saying we have the herd size like in the mid 70's. In the area I am in you are lucky to see a doe on opening day of gun . But they continue to put out the doe permits. The only thing they care for is $$$, if they could have a stamp for hunting with a spear, it would be in the bow season. Just like they continue to push the crossbow.

nothing to be taken from bow hunters, add a 3day youth hunt and a 4 day early muzzloader concurrant the 2nd week is all.  Deer numbers are to high in areas and the state wants more doe harvest..i wouldn't be surprised to see an earn a buck tag for archery in areas in the future,especially if you read the full proposal and see the tag restructuring

Less hunters and doe seekers..ar and qdm rising interest is my belief why..we have deer everywhere..sorry to hear you dont..but ive already seen 2 motorcycle / deer accidents..let alone the damage they do to ol farmer teds crops..you cant just wish the deer away..ya gotta hunt em down and get em..all of em

Buy a Thermacell and forget the mosquitos  ;)

I have one but that kinda defeats the whole scent free routine that I go through. I'm a nut when it comes to being scent free  ;D

If the deer can smell it, would they associate it with danger? I doubt it. I have done a ton of reading about them from people that have been using them in states where it is warm out and buggy during deer season, and havent heard about many issues. You could find out pretty easy well before season opens.  ;)

I know they use to make an earth scent wafer for them. If they still do I would go with them but I don't think the regular ones spook deer or bear. I read an article about a bear hunter who used one unscented after the guide told him not too and bagged a huge bear.

Early season oct 1st would be great for bow, less clothes, more cover to hide in, bucks are still in there bachelor groups. Only down side is, I know there going to try and work crossbows into bow  and an early muzzleloader season in there. If they do sneek an early muzzleloader in, they should work it in the week before gun. Usually sucks for bow hunting around here then anyhow.

Early season oct 1st would be great for bow, less clothes, more cover to hide in, bucks are still in there bachelor groups. Only down side is, I know there going to try and work crossbows into bow  and an early muzzleloader season in there. If they do sneek an early muzzleloader in, they should work it in the week before gun. Usually sucks for bow hunting around here then anyhow.

Seeing as crossbows are bowhunting equipment, they should be in there.  ;)

The week before gun season is my personal favorite time to be in the woods with my bow, so I would rather the early ML season be as early in Oct as possible if it has to be there.