The new James bond

Hunter007

24 minutes ago, Elmo said:

And Jesse Owens wasn't American?

I dont know but all the 007 actors  looked  British. But now  

If the rumors are true  they want to cast  a African looking  guy as 007 . 

Kind of makes it a different movie  No ?

Kinda like making a movie about Bruce Lee and not  using a asian guy . 

Not very believable  .

Or maybe there marketing department says it will make it more popular ? 

Edited by Storm914

5 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

Ask this question again in 15-20 years. JMO, one more 007 movie in the works will pretty much OD viewers on Bond for awhile! My vote is for Scarlett Johansson if they want me to watch yet another remake of 007!

Yea  I will wait until it comes out on tv lol 

There are lots of people of African descent in the United Kingdom...

However, I quit watching James Bond flicks when they started making the ones that were not based on Ian Fleming's novels....

The very best ones were the first two,  " Doctor No", and  " From Russia with Love"....After that they started adding too much unbelievable gimmicky crap for me...

11 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

There are lots of people of African descent in the United Kingdom...

However, I quit watching James Bond flicks when they started making the ones that were not based on Ian Fleming's novels....

The very best ones were the first two,  " Doctor No", and  " From Russia with Love"....After that they started adding too much unbelievable gimmicky crap for me...

The probably have  marketing data that shows it may bring in more money if they do it .

And  if they do it and it makes more money then the other movies , you can expect more .

If not they will go back to a white guy  I bet .

Or maybe they have no intention to use a African looking guy and put that out for the free advertising it will generate. 

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Dude, you've missed some great Bond girls by not following the flicks over the ages! Of course, many not so great James Bonds!

Just in case not everyone knows this.. The Broccoli family that have produced most of the Bond 007 movies are the ones that have kept the legacy (??) alive since the 1960s, good or bad. Show me the money...!

Edited by nyslowhand

10 hours ago, Storm914 said:

I dont know but all the 007 actors  looked  British. But now  

If the rumors are true  they want to cast  a African looking  guy as 007 . 

Kind of makes it a different movie  No ?

Kinda like making a movie about Bruce Lee and not  using a asian guy . 

Not very believable  .

Or maybe there marketing department says it will make it more popular ? 

Bad comparison because Bruce Lee is an Asian male.  James Bond is a British citizen which could technically be of any race.  Or in the case of Scarlett Johansson, any gender as well.

Financially, they scoffed at the idea but after the success of Marvel's Black Panther, I think they're now opened to the idea.

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

they are bail-bond girls

The second redneck Bond film is already in production.  It's set in the Louisiana bayou and a sequel to the Bond film "Octopussy".   The girl in the photo will be Jimmy-Bob Bond's love interest.  The movie will be called "Gatorpussy"

mocme.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

Bad comparison because Bruce Lee is an Asian male.  James Bond is a British citizen which could technically be of any race.  Or in the case of Scarlett Johansson, any gender as well.

Financially, they scoffed at the idea but after the success of Marvel's Black Panther, I think they're now opened to the idea.

Just now, Storm914 said:

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

7 hours ago, Elmo said:

They have whites even blacks that live in Asia. 

47 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Is it just me, or do the last 4 posts from the OP make no sense? Quotes with no response of three of them. The last one takes the cake. 

Let me try and explain 

He was  saying you cant have a white actor playing  Bruce Lee because he was asian , 

Because I said having a black james bond is as believable as have a white  Bruce lee !  He said 

because they have blacks  in the uk .so james bond could be black 

Well then would making a movie  and casting a black guy for the  role of  elvis  be believable for example then because blacks also are citizens of the USA .

If your saying james bond was not a real person so it dont matter well maybe  he is right but the original 007 and up till now did not look black  So its changing the movie  . 

Edited by Storm914

That was what I was saying.  James Bond's story was not race specific.  His race doesn't change the story.  The only true requirement for the James Bond story to work was that he had to be a British citizen.  Bruce Lee had to be Asian because you're talking about a real life person.

But Hollywood don't care.  They've done it several times already.  Tom Cruise in "The Edge of Tomorrow" is based off of the book "All You Need Is Kill".  In that story, the main character is a "young Japanese recruit" by the name of Keiji Kiriya.  But rather than cast such a actor, they changed the name to Cage and used Tom Cruise instead.  But it plays well because the race of the main character does not effect the story.  But the real one that takes the cake is the movie "21".  It is based on a real life actual person name Jeff Ma.  For the movie, they change his name to Kevin Lewis and used a white guy.

2 hours ago, Rob... said:

posts from the OP make no sense? 

And this surprises you how? LOL

Moot point now.....Daniel Craig has confirmed he signed up for the next Bond, his fifth. He got in a tift about the role but has back tracked. Relase fall 2019.

Frankly I thought the last 4 were good flicks, how can you not like a Bond that kept the old DB 5 in storage and shoots a double rifle at the bad guys. Well except when he dropped it for  semi auto, that was shameful. (Skyfall)

On that note Astin Martin is building 25, 3.5 million dollar DB 5's for sale.

Edited by Dinsdale

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Let me try and explain 

He was  saying you cant have a white actor playing  Bruce Lee because he was asian , 

Because I said having a black james bond is as believable as have a white  Bruce lee !  He said 

because they have blacks  in the uk .so james bond could be black 

Well then would making a movie  and casting a black guy for the  role of  elvis  be believable for example then because blacks also are citizens of the USA .

If your saying james bond was not a real person so it dont matter well maybe  he is right but the original 007 and up till now did not look black  So its changing the movie  . 

Did you look at some of your posts? You made quotes with no reason why you made the quotes. Explain that. Have a look back.

7 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

And this surprises you how? LOL

Moot point now.....Daniel Craig has confirmed he signed up for the next Bond, his fifth. He got in a tift about the role but has back tracked. Relase fall 2019.

Frankly I thought the last 4 were good flicks, how can you not like a Bond that kept the old DB 5 in storage and shoots a double rifle at the bad guys. Well except when he dropped it for  semi auto, that was shameful. (Skyfall)

On that note Astin Martin is building 25, 3.5 million dollar DB 5's for sale.

You altered my post. If you look back, storm quoted a bunch of posts and never stated why he made the quotes, just blank posts with a quote. But, yes I get your point. LOL, and I did get a good laugh out of it.

I am not a huge Bond fan, but I have seen movies from almost all the actors who played the part. Roger Moore IS James Bond! Connery was OK, Brosnan stunk, and Craig gets the job done. The rest seem like fill-ins to keep a franchise going. Like I said, I am not a big fan, I have not seen every movie, so this is just my opinion.