What to do with sheds?

jmark

Hi All,

We've picked up a few decent sheds here and there.  Was thinking of making a coat or hat rack or something.  Any suggestions on how to go about that?  I'm pretty "handy" and have plenty of tools, just coming up short in trying to think of a good way to mount these things.  

TIA,

j

Ha.  Good ideas.  But how do you mount them to wood etc.?  I was thinking drill a hole just big enough for the shed before the thicker base, cut the wood in half, then glue it around the base on top of another piece of wood.  Cumbersome.  

3 minutes ago, jmark said:

Ha.  Good ideas.  But how do you mount them to wood etc.?  I was thinking drill a hole just big enough for the shed before the thicker base, cut the wood in half, then glue it around the base on top of another piece of wood.  Cumbersome.  

Zip Wooly a PM. I’m sure he’d love to share some knowledge He May even have you chainsaw carving soon ! That guy is endless in imagination and skill 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

When I build my house I’m building a chandelier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a chandelier made of fake (but good replica) antlers in the room with most of my mounts.  I added a few real ones too.  It looks nice. 

• Like 2

We have sheds used as curtain holders, no clue if thats what they are called,  but they hold the curtains open so you can see outside....also my dad has a nice rustic kitchen table, with antlers on each corner of the table, its a nice accent.  I have a moose blade hanging on the wall, as well as a small fork antler that huhs a birch bark candle on my end table, which is typically in my dinner pics.   I believe a lot of guys drill a tiny hole in the antler, and use a small nail, or screw, if it were me.

I have heard of some guys, actually drilling a hole into the antler, and recessing the small bolt(like a machine bolt), then dremeling that down a bit, and using wood putty to mask the hole.  I have also heard of guys using wooden dowels to plug the hole of a recessed small bolt.  I wonder if you could drill,  and tap the antler, then cut then dremel off the head, but use a lock tight, or epoxy on the threads first...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

keep all of them. place them ahead of time in a cut field. then get hunting buddies and their family's together. have all the kids go on a shed hunt. pile them up. take a picture and then have a cook out.

That's a great idea!  Makes me want to fire up the grill just thinking about.  

• Like 1