How much did you spend this year preparing for the season?

Core

29 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I didn’t buy much this year just another stick and stand. I don’t play any golf outside of work anymore, that’s probably $1,500 I’m not spending per year. I think a “new” bow is in my future before Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You had me at "new" bow  ,what you got in mind?

I spent way to much as i do every year. I tend to think materialistic things will make me a better hunter or increase my odds of killing a big buck. In reality its honestly the garbage land i have to hunt in this allready poor whitetail state. To answer your question, at least $5,000 but that includes my hoyt RX-1 which is half of that rigged out. I spent a lot more if i included the trip to Montana for elk but that was actually worth it even though i didnt come back with one. I have a archery addition and sitka gear as well. Both expensive! Moving forward i am goin to stop buying more gear (have way to much) and start buying hunting trips or ay least lease some decent property here in upstate NY. Ok i think im done now. Lol. (Writing from the treestand as i see nothing but some morons ladder stand and pink camo ground blind that he setup 20 yards on both sides of my stand that ive had here for 4 years )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TonySkyline said:

I spent way to much as i do every year. I tend to think materialistic things will make me a better hunter or increase my odds of killing a big buck. In reality its honestly the garbage land i have to hunt in this allready poor whitetail state. To answer your question, at least $5,000 but that includes my hoyt RX-1 which is half of that rigged out. I spent a lot more if i included the trip to Montana for elk but that was actually worth it even though i didnt come back with one. I have a archery addition and sitka gear as well. Both expensive! Moving forward i am goin to stop buying more gear (have way to much) and start buying hunting trips or ay least lease some decent property here in upstate NY. Ok i think im done now. Lol. (Writing from the treestand as i see nothing but some morons ladder stand and pink camo ground blind that he setup 20 yards on both sides of my stand that ive had here for 4 years )

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Buying new gear is fun and keeps it fresh every year. I actually forgot that I bought a HHA Slider from Jeremy K, I think I gave him $1,200 because it included a custom machined quiver bracket

Every year I think I'm good. Typically have one or 2 things I will upgrade and probably on average about $50 worth of replenishable stuff, including soaps, sprays and butchering/dressing stuff. But without fail I end up spending a few hundred. This year I upgraded a facemask and some snow camo. But I also started getting gear for my 6 year old. Mostly to keep him warm. So it's adding up again haha.

Other than my tags, I have purchased a tree umbrella that I have to return and some new ratchet straps and burlap for my stands. By far the cheapest year for me in years. I haven't even picked up evercalm or scent elimination spray and I really believe the evercalm helps. 

I can't seem to pass on a good deal.. I call myself a bargain shopper but the wife calls me compulsive. I keep an eye out for sales and on CL for good deals. Here's a  rundown of what I can remember that I've purchased this year: New scoped Traditions Vortek ML (MSRP $450ish, I got it on clearance for $175); sabots, powder, caps, sling, cleaning stuff for ML ($75ish) Diamond Edge Bow ($100); site, biscuit, stabilizer for bow ($45 total); 3 boxes of Arrows (MSRP $75ish/box marked down to $5/box); 2 ladder stands, 2 hang on stands, 2 sets of climbing sticks (Originally $500ish, bought on either clearance ofr CL for $260 total); Waterfowl parka ($90ish on sale for $10); 8 Goose decoys ($50 on CL); Cold winter jacket for late deer season ($90 on sale for $20); tags ($75).

So I've spent roughly $860 on $2500 worth of stuff this year.Then tack on anything I spend on bullets, gas, snacks while in the woods, etc...

Edited by Bolt action