New addition at camp!

First-light

Well I pulled the trigger on the addition I wanted to put on the cabin. Adding a 14x18 room with a full basement. It will also have a back porch. Staircase to the basement will be inside the room. Using the same guys who built the cabin 4 years ago, they did a great job! They tell me the foundation will be done next week and they will come back and finish the structure in Sept. When they built the cabin a Mennonite crew did all the construction, don't know if they will be using them again.

post-211-131455464957_thumb.jpeg

post-211-131455464964_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. Kind of took me by surprise. When I saw the first pics I thought you were having a walkout from the basement....with all the dirt excavated it seemed you were doing that.

Looked that way, they took away that dirt to get the blocks in and that is where the pipes run for the footer drain. I actually talked to the guy doing it yesterday. They will have the floor done on Friday and do some back-filling. Then it will sit until mid Sept. Should be done by Bow season. No rush on my end, I'll do the finish work over the winter. They took the extra dirt/clay and started to build up an area across from the cabin for a barn I want to put up,that will be in a couple of years. I'm up there all next week on vacation and will take some picts.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Headed up this weekend, leaving tomorrow. I have a wedding in Montour falls on Saturday but will be working on the cabin the rest of the time. Builder said we would be nearing completion in the next few weeks. We are going to wire and insulate the place this weekend. I have some cell phone picks but there not that great. Will take some picts this weekend with my good camera.

Hey guys,

just got back from camp. Thought more would be done on the addition by now but I was promised it would be complete in two weeks. My brother and I ran the electric in the room and basement so that is done. It was a great weekend and we almost got a bear!!! We ran out to get more wire Friday night around 8. We pulled out of the driveway and 50 yards down the road a bear runs out in front of the truck. We miss him by inches and he does a header into the woods tumbling the whole way. It was unreal, looked like a two year old not very big 125-150 lbs. Saw a few deer couple of rubs and scrapes, nothing real big. Enjoy the pictures, now I have a front and back porch!!

post-156-0-03279300-1318214046_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-19514900-1318214185_thumb.jpg

post-156-0-37289300-1318214231_thumb.jpg