Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Freedom tire. He will come to you

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
 

I will look into it when I'm back in town. Can you give me any contact info for Freedom Tire?

Would you know if I can put the tractor on a car lift? If so, I can remove the tires myself, which should help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

We did talk boats today .....

 

Also my car mechanic gave me a case of windshield washer fluid , he bought something like 100 cases to fill his tractor tires . He paid like 60 cents a gallon , never knew guys did that .

It works and won’t freeze but it dry rots the tires eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highway depts. using beet juice and molasses on road surfaces.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-cities-put-beet-juice-beer-waste-molasses-on-roads-2018-1

That is why so many road kills in winter its a liquid food plot for deer! lol


"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It works and won’t freeze but it dry rots the tires eventually. 

Funny, how come it freezes in my trucks squirts but not in tractor tires.  Not..


Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

No matter what kind of dirt you have, a machine with the sole purpose of food plots and deer type prep, should have r1 AG's. There is zero advantage to turfs. Have fun walking back to the house to get chains once you bury it in the spring muck. Almost as cool as putting the chains on, in the muck. Then once they are on, and it still doesn't move, better hope the neighbors have AG's on their tractor.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
 

Let alone sliding on wet leaves on a hill or slope


I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, goosifer said:

I will look into it when I'm back in town. Can you give me any contact info for Freedom Tire?

Would you know if I can put the tractor on a car lift? If so, I can remove the tires myself, which should help.

If you buy new tires for it most places will come and remove and install new on site ..my Oliver were 1000 for rear two changed and reloaded with new tubes and calcium. Watching the guy beat them off the beads

.I'll gladly pay to have my tractor tires done any time

  • Thanks 1

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, G-Man said:

If you buy new tires for it most places will come and remove and install new on site ..my Oliver were 1000 for rear two changed and reloaded with new tubes and calcium. Watching the guy beat them off the beads

.I'll gladly pay to have my tractor tires done any time

Did commercial  truck and farm tires for a couple  years back in my late teens . It's a young man's job for sure . Guy I worked for was in his 50s . He was all beaten and broken from years of abuse. It's a no brainer  to hire it done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Did commercial  truck and farm tires for a couple  years back in my late teens . It's a young man's job for sure . Guy I worked for was in his 50s . He was all beaten and broken from years of abuse. It's a no brainer  to hire it done.

My brother worked in commercial tires for many years a long time ago. He told me a story about how they sent him on a job to change a skidsteer tire at beef fat rendering plant . . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst one I did  was  a tractor tire in a field  of fresh spread manure.  Farmer tried to  drive off a field and got stuck in a low wet spot.   Blocking a tractor up in the mud took longer than  tube and calcium chloride combined. Culprit for that tire was a deer shed . Took 4 of us 6 hrs to change.a tire on a scraper. That was just solid bull work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

 Culprit for that tire was a deer shed . 

That's why we need to kill them bucks before they can shed those horns.   Hang them up in the house or barn and keep them tractor tires safe.   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
That's why we need to kill them bucks before they can shed those horns.   Hang them up in the house or barn and keep them tractor tires safe.   
Keep killing the BB's and there will be no tractor safe....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bb's may be safe from me this year, because I usually only end up with one every other year.  I will not hesitate to send it, if any opportunities presents themselves, especially after reading about that tractor tire issue.  The best way to save the tires is to nip them antlers in the bud.  

Edited by wolc123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The bb's may be safe from me this year, because I usually only end up with one every other year.  I will not hesitate to send it, if any opportunities presents themselves, especially after reading about that tractor tire issue.  The best way to save the tires is to nip them antlers in the bud.  
Whatever your reasoning is for laying off the BB's, I'm with it. Might even make u a t-shirt, "save the tractor tires"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Whatever your reasoning is for laying off the BB's, I'm with it. Might even make u a t-shirt, "save the tractor tires"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
 

Sounds cool.  You make it,  I will wear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they loaded my tires. Just not sure with what. but the guy who dropped it off said that I would need spacers to run tire chains.

delivery.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
they loaded my tires. Just not sure with what. but the guy who dropped it off said that I would need spacers to run tire chains.
delivery.thumb.jpg.329d76a0d7ae40b4e2e4b302b13eba6d.jpg
If you have traction issues, there's a tool out there that cuts siping into the lugs on those r4's. Supposedly does wonders for Trac. Still won't compare to an ag lug but can help and be much less a pain than chains.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 6:32 AM, slayer said:

they loaded my tires. Just not sure with what. but the guy who dropped it off said that I would need spacers to run tire chains.

delivery.jpg

Is that a Kioti CK series?

When I bought mine, they swapped the R4s that were on it for AGs for no charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 6:32 AM, slayer said:

they loaded my tires. Just not sure with what. but the guy who dropped it off said that I would need spacers to run tire chains.

delivery.jpg

Was that delivered today from Niagara Implement??


Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Is that a Kioti CK series?

When I bought mine, they swapped the R4s that were on it for AGs for no charge.

Kubota 3901

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Was that delivered today from Niagara Implement??

No about a month ago from Niagara Implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, TreeGuy said:

Nice little rig ! Do yourself a favor, get some ag tires. Unless your gonna drive over the front lawn, those turf tires are garbage.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
 

Well, you were right. My hunting land is the soggiest it's ever been. It's about 1/4 mile from Lake Ontario and it seems like the water table is higher than usual. The person I have cutting my trails got stuck within 50 yards of the road yesterday. I went out with the Kubota RTV 900 to pull it out and it got stuck, too. For both, the tires got filled up with wet mud and had zero traction. There was standing water in the ruts we made. We went back out today and with some pieces of wood, et al, and got both of them unstuck, fortunately.

So question: How effective would tires chains be (on all 4 tires) vs. getting ag tires? Chains would be cheaper and faster to get . . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, goosifer said:

Well, you were right. My hunting land is the soggiest it's ever been. It's about 1/4 mile from Lake Ontario and it seems like the water table is higher than usual. The person I have cutting my trails got stuck within 50 yards of the road yesterday. I went out with the Kubota RTV 900 to pull it out and it got stuck, too. For both, the tires got filled up with wet mud and had zero traction. There was standing water in the ruts we made. We went back out today and with some pieces of wood, et al, and got both of them unstuck, fortunately.

So question: How effective would tires chains be (on all 4 tires) vs. getting ag tires? Chains would be cheaper and faster to get . . . .

You should never get stuck with a loader can pull or push your way back out.. always carry a chain and weld a chain hook on corners of front bucket. You can get.out of about any situation using bucket and chains as a come.along.it having chain also works to chain log to tire through rim and drive out .

 


I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, G-Man said:

You should never get stuck with a loader can pull or push your way back out.. always carry a chain and weld a chain hook on corners of front bucket. You can get.out of about any situation using bucket and chains as a come.along.it having chain also works to chain log to tire through rim and drive out .

 

Yes, that is eventually how we got it out. The mud was like a thick soup. Every time we pushed down on the bucket, it would just sink in. I had two large boards that I kept trying to put under the wheels, but there was no traction. I finally got the idea to lay the two boards down, parallel to the tractor, under the bucket. Then, when the bucket pushed down, it had some resistance and pushed the tractor back out of the rut.

I did try tow straps with Kubota, that's how it got stuck. then tried come-along between the two vehicles, but that didn't work.

I've heard about tying a log or 2x4 to wheels, but will need to research how to do that.

@G-Man, would you have an opinion on my chains vs. ag tires question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried it but if no bucket on the tractor or winch available. Ive seen guys put tow straps around the tires. and tie it off some where strong and sturdy.. as the tire spins it actually spools the tow strap around the wheel. So either the strap breaks or you get out.. one or the other.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.