Storage area pics

Jeremy K

We're in the very early stages of finishing the basement . I have an area picked out for storage of clothes ,guns,ammo,bow etc. I'd like to see some pics to get some ideas of how to set up this area ,it's not a huge spot but it's more then big enough for everything to have a place and not be a mess.

15 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

We're in the very early stages of finishing the basement . I have an area picked out for storage of clothes ,guns,ammo,bow etc. I'd like to see some pics to get some ideas of how to set up this area ,it's not a huge spot but it's more then big enough for everything to have a place and not be a mess.

frame out a separate room with a door - even if its small.  I had a 8x6 area that worked pretty good.  I have now expanded to 11x11 and love it.  Have a work desk in there, safes, clothes storage.  So much neater and I am an organization freak.  Plus its a place to gear up when you head out.

• Like 2

HA! just moved and i'm working on the same thing but in phases. i've got a raised ranch with 1560 sq ft unfinished downstairs. it's got stuff laying everywhere right now. finishing the whole thing down the road but wondering where to setup shelves and what not for camping gear, processing equipment, wife's extra or seasonal decorations, etc so i don't have to move it all multiple times. rec room with bar, another bedroom, storage room, and den/office with bench to work on bows, guns, and reload will eventually be the plan.

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

frame out a separate room with a door - even if its small.  I had a 8x6 area that worked pretty good.  I have now expanded to 11x11 and love it.  Have a work desk in there, safes, clothes storage.  So much neater and I am an organization freak.  Plus its a place to gear up when you head out.

You do have a great set up in your basement!!!  Built in safe, room with desk and clothing, along with a 20 yard indoor shooting range!  You really got it going on my friend!

I don't have quite as much room, but have got some areas that work well for me downstairs. It's all organized well enough where I can find and get to anything I need. Will send some pic's after I get home.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

HA! just moved and i'm working on the same thing but in phases. i've got a raised ranch with 1560 sq ft unfinished downstairs. it's got stuff laying everywhere right now. finishing the whole thing down the road but wondering where to setup shelves and what not for camping gear, processing equipment, wife's extra or seasonal decorations, etc so i don't have to move it all multiple times. rec room with bar, another bedroom, storage room, and den/office with bench to work on bows, guns, and reload will eventually be the plan.

Cant beat a ranch for amazing basements! I miss my old house

I have plans to build pull out storage under the stairs , the laundry area will be walled in with a potty and the fridge freezer . My area will be walled off as well to conceal the hot water tank and furnace . I'm having a hard time convincing my wife to just paint the ceiling all black ,my buddy did it to his basement when they finished it and I like the way it came out.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I have plans to build pull out storage under the stairs , the laundry area will be walled in with a potty and the fridge freezer . My area will be walled off as well to conceal the hot water tank and furnace . I'm having a hard time convincing my wife to just paint the ceiling all black ,my buddy did it to his basement when they finished it and I like the way it came out.

I painted mine beige. A friend did his black. Both look way better than a drop ceiling. I would like to see the stair storage idea

Just now, dbHunterNY said:

waiting to finish it or the taxes after finishing it, either way it'll kill me. lol

Its funny when I finished the basement in my ranch drywall was $5.97 a sheet. When I did this house it was $11+. It also about killed me the second time, theres a big difference from 28 years old to 38 years old!

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Its funny when I finished the basement in my ranch drywall was $5.97 a sheet. When I did this house it was $11+. It also about killed me the second time, theres a big difference from 28 years old to 38 years old!

i've got the frame out walls as there's a french drain around the outside. white wainscoting with chair rail part way up walls. sheet rock on top half. suspended grid with architectural 2x2 tiles for ceilings so i can keep access to it all from below. concrete floor is already epoxied. will probably go with commercial laminate tiles or sheets. throw rug for feet getting cold if i must but no carpet probably.  thinking a framed in zero clearance fireplace with cultured fake stone to hide the insulated flu pipe but we'll see. it'd help for supplemental heat. farm is down the road 10 minutes or so to get wood.  garage is ahead of all that though. the struggle will be real once everything starts to thaw.

• Like 1

ive got a whole room of the house for hunting/fishing stuff.  Like moog i also have a desk in there.  Found an older one i use to clean guns on etc.  I have some neat rod and tackle holders to organize stuff,  have some small shelf inserts for ammo and have a book case for odds and ends, and of course a gun safe - cant take pics im at work though.  Have a seperate closet for hunting clothes to hang and below that totes of hunting gear and a shelf in top of the closet for turkey gear.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I painted mine beige. A friend did his black. Both look way better than a drop ceiling. I would like to see the stair storage idea

Here's what I have in mind , I'm gonna have to get my uncle involved who has a woodshop to make it legit.

under-stairs-photo4.jpeg.jpg

• Like 6

I call it controlled chaos. The room is roughly 12x11. The main area is 7x11 and the walled off storage area with safe and shelves is 5x11.

As the sign says it was built in the fall of 2016 after I turned around one time and my 2 year old was making a brake for a muzzy broadhead.

The 6' bench is a must....allows for anything from gun repair, reloading, fletching arrows or working on a bow.

Also a great staging area.....pack gear or dump gear during the season and nobody is bothered when the door is closed.

Also have a 4' desk that is used as an office area and mainly when viewing trail cam pics.

Have makeshift lighting in there now but when the major remodel starts on my 1st floor I will have the electrician install a few more outlets and can lights. Also need to cut a vent in the heat duct because at times it gets cold as hell down there and I am forced to run a space heater to make it tolerable.
4ee28f807e9e023638d9fcbcce053e4c.jpg906c7b34343b2a3d5e2770bfd279db2d.jpgff37f3c731ed2ed8e79d85ea3d8f9fd3.jpg8526abd0b5a5b0a28dcef42b9f912083.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I call it controlled chaos. The room is roughly 12x11. The main area is 7x11 and the walled off storage area with safe and shelves is 5x11.

As the sign says it was built in the fall of 2016 after I turned around one time and my 2 year old was making a brake for a muzzy broadhead.

The 6' bench is a must....allows for anything from gun repair, reloading, fletching arrows or working on a bow.

Also a great staging area.....pack gear or dump gear during the season and nobody is bothered when the door is closed.

Also have a 4' desk that is used as an office area and mainly when viewing trail cam pics.

Have makeshift lighting in there now but when the major remodel starts on my 1st floor I will have the electrician install a few more outlets and can lights. Also need to cut a vent in the heat duct because at times it gets cold as hell down there and I am forced to run a space heater to make it tolerable.
4ee28f807e9e023638d9fcbcce053e4c.jpg&key=0610c8ddc7fcc471046a1cb7ea48e6fe630fa157fd7c58ea8c1b43dd18cfefd1906c7b34343b2a3d5e2770bfd279db2d.jpg&key=319e8212068b0a735fd66c55f5a995ad2716a1fd4f1c9bbf319f9193debd0c22ff37f3c731ed2ed8e79d85ea3d8f9fd3.jpg&key=4c5b41a0ec44f411a119b0a4c3b19984e52292b389c754ffce66d0af68aed63e8526abd0b5a5b0a28dcef42b9f912083.jpg&key=075acc90b46395dadd740976cef9be6df1286d71563d3e949dd53c2b9b1ff5b2

Somebody needs a bow press and I need to sell one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4ee28f807e9e023638d9fcbcce053e4c.jpg&key=0610c8ddc7fcc471046a1cb7ea48e6fe630fa157fd7c58ea8c1b43dd18cfefd1906c7b34343b2a3d5e2770bfd279db2d.jpg&key=319e8212068b0a735fd66c55f5a995ad2716a1fd4f1c9bbf319f9193debd0c22ff37f3c731ed2ed8e79d85ea3d8f9fd3.jpg&key=4c5b41a0ec44f411a119b0a4c3b19984e52292b389c754ffce66d0af68aed63e8526abd0b5a5b0a28dcef42b9f912083.jpg&key=075acc90b46395dadd740976cef9be6df1286d71563d3e949dd53c2b9b1ff5b2

What the hell!

Didn’t show me that room when I was over.

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk